PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer skin customization?

MolochXX
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Has there been any confirmed discussion regarding customization of your multiplayer skin from the folks at Ubi? How do you guys think it would work, were it to exist?

An idea: each skin will have a certain feature of his/her clothing that is customizable, such as the Hunter's cape, maybe the color of the doctor's mask, etc. They could either let players choose whatever they want or make it so that certain colors/designs can only be unlocked after a certain level of skill is achieved. Using my examples above, the Hunter could unlock a cape with a cooler designs, or the doctor could unlock a golden mask. Those specific proposals aren't important, you get the idea.

An issue that arises is the fact that customizing your skin would make you stick out in comparison to the AI versions of your skin. I dunno if Ubisoft could find a workaround for that. Perhaps make all replicas of your avatar take on the customization you select? That would probably be hard to implement, though. I'm not too familiar with the logistics of whether or not that would work. Perhaps, if wholly new feature designs would be too much, just some general color schemes for the skin's clothes?

What do you guys think? Have any ideas?

souNdwAve89
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM
It would be nice if there were customizations, but they have to make the NPC's unique too. Like you said, you will stick out and the other players know that you are a real person instead of a NPC.

Oatkeeper
09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/user/as...ed#p/u/2/oPKPU7syoTA (http://www.youtube.com/user/assassinscreed#p/u/2/oPKPU7syoTA)

Thread over

MolochXX
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
The thread's as much about specific ideas people think up as it is about answering that one question, Oat.

But thanks for declaring someone else's thread over with a wave of you perfect hand, your highness.

primerib69
09-16-2010, 10:57 PM
yo moloch we dont need any of that atitude bro. oats has been here longer than you and he knows how the forums work. so chill and stop acting like a freshman.

anyway, that video pretty much answers your question.

not much else to talk about considering the topic.

zgubilici
09-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Actually, armchair moderating is pretty much out for anybody, regardless of how "old" they are in forum years and that includes "declaring" discussions closed on basis of personal perspective. In any case, older and veteran forum members already know or should know this.
If the thread does not generate discussions, it will sink in the depths of the forum.
So if you have something useful to contribute to a thread, do so, otherwise all this attitude needs to be channeled elsewhere.

Oatkeeper
09-17-2010, 01:07 AM
lol, Im surprised you guys actually took that comment so seriously. I was just poking fun at the fact that I answered your question.

And really your post doesn't really imply well that you wanted to discuss ideas anyways.

the first sentence asks a question, the first paragraph states an idea, and the second states the problems with it, then you say "What do you guys think? Have any ideas?" since you never mentioned anything about you wanting us coming up with ideas for our own outfits and the such it can likely be assumed you mean "does anyone have any idea if this is in the game"

EzioAssassin51
09-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by MolochXX:
An issue that arises is the fact that customizing your skin would make you stick out in comparison to the AI versions of your skin. I dunno if Ubisoft could find a workaround for that. Perhaps make all replicas of your avatar take on the customization you select? That would probably be hard to implement, though. I'm not too familiar with the logistics of whether or not that would work. Perhaps, if wholly new feature designs would be too much, just some general color schemes for the skin's clothes?

Regarding this, this works the same as that annoying question 'Because the Harlequin is a Pre-order, will it be the only one there?'

No matter what your character will have duplicated on the map. If you have a customized skin, then the NPC's of your character will be wearing the same stuff!

Hope that helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

D-Volpe
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
this does raise some questions, because in both AC and AC2 there were alot of variations in NPC clothing for both targets, enemies, and civillians. Having a bunch of civillians dressed like the the multiplayer skins isnt going to help, since players are just going to look out for that type of skin. I feel that along with customization, player and NPC skin variants and diversity might also be necessary to give the multiplayer a realistic feel.

EzioAssassin51
09-17-2010, 11:59 PM
It's a simulation, so it's not meant to be realistic.

Besides, you'd have to be stupid to only kill that skin, considering the compass!