PDA

View Full Version : Hydrophone bearing update reports, could do much better.

WildCat140679
03-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Last Patrol did it all,

From out of the fog a Flower corvet, or some kind of patrol boat spotted my uboat.
I was down below the surface before he even got his guns turned around at me. So I was pleased with my crew for that.

But now I was under water, yapping orders at my crew to keep there mouths shut and waited for my "SO" to report the bearing of our new foe, hunting us.

The "SO" reported only once, the bearing, IDed it as a war ship and thats it.
I was forced asking him for the bearing over and over. (Report>Report on Nearest Target)

I wanted him to report me the bearing every 5 to 10 seconds, so I could have a idea where the ship was going to. Sweep orders or follow nearest Sound contact didn't do much. ((Hydrophone> Normal Sweep) or (Hydrophone>Follow nearest Sound Contact))

When at 100% realisme, I got my hands full already, steering the boat, Spying through the observation periscope at the surface with the hope I may spot a ship, so I could make some last moment turn actions.

If the Report on Nearest Contact would have bin a button or some thing I would not have mind much, but I think that the game could be so much better if the "SO" starts to report bearings based on the distance of the target.
When it right on top of you, it would be nice to see/hear a bearing reported every 5~10 seconds. Along with the info like, closing, leave (noise becomes louder or softer)

It may be spamming, but its usefull information, I would like to see happen more often.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Before a battle I have my crew well rested and I do most of the work of the watch officer and such. I need to rest my sonar officer sometimes so I take up that chore too. Also note that you can leave the station unmanned and the hydraphone is where you left it. Neat? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Traveler2004
03-25-2005, 06:36 PM
The hydrophone interface is very week. My qualified pettyofficer refuses to track a sound source.

Suhrer
03-25-2005, 06:44 PM
My sound operator refuses to use the hydrophone at all. I can sail up to 300m from a ship and he just keeps saying "no sonar contact sir". I'd realy liek to dump him into the water and practice with the flak gun.

horrido1962_
03-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, the hydrophone operators are defiantley broken. Another thing that needs to be fixed.