PDA

View Full Version : Buffet Restaurants

WhiteKnight77
11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I am about to give up on eating at many kinds of restaurants. I already do not eat Pizza Hut or Papa John's and McDonald's and am about to give up eating at others, but sometimes I have no choice when out in the middle of nowhere on a job and there is no place to eat that is decent at a reasonable price (no, O'Charlies is not reasonable). As I like Chinese food I decided to try a place I hadn't been before, an all you can eat buffet. While eating, I had a view of the serving tables and watched a guy munching. I then watch him pick up something from his plate and eat that then lick his fingers before grabbing the tongs of a dish to get more food for his plate.

Crap like that grosses me out. It is no different if I were to stick my hands down the back of my pants then grab tongs. After eating, I said something to the hostess about it and when she asked which serving table he was at, I told her all of them. She was awed at that revelation and said that they would replace them all. This isn't the first time I have seen such behavior at a buffet type restaurant. What is it about people who think that it is OK to eat at serving tables? Needless to say, I will not return there to eat again.

Jason-Bourne223
11-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Crap like that makes me lose hope in humanity.

GrImReApEr192
11-09-2008, 10:30 AM
He probably didnt even realize what he was doing,gross though.But i bet we all do things like that and dont even realize it.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-09-2008, 11:12 AM
My local news has a restaurant segment that they've been doing for the last year or so, where they go around the city reviewing restaurants for cleanliness.

They've put the spotlight on a lot of nasty restaurants that have some really disgusting things going on in the kitchen and at the tables, but fortunately they also point out the few spotless ones that you don't have to worry about.

But, I guess that doesn't really help when you travel to a lot of different places...

VTAssault
11-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I just avoid buffets because of all that food that just sits around for hours. Thats more dangerous than some guy.

However, my favorite chinese buffet here in Fort Collins is Super Chinese Buffet #1.

Im not kidding, thats what its called.

By the way, any of you guys ever tried Pho? Vietnamese noodle soup.

WhiteKnight77
11-10-2008, 12:27 AM
For Chinese buffets, I try to find ones that have Mongolian BBQ. That is cooked right in front of you. Some have a better meat, veggie and sauce selection than others, but all keep the meats and veggies on ice.

RoaringMad Mac
11-17-2008, 11:05 AM
I tell ya what guys being that this thread is about food. Well sorta.

I have been following what they call the Warrior diet and I am really impressed so far.

3 weeks in and I have dropped about 10 lbs. That is actually alot considering it goes against everything the convintional diets recommend.

What is cool is if I wanted to I could go to a buffet and eat for my big meal at night.

I don't go to buffets anymore for several reasons.

tmgbhot
11-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by VTAssault:
By the way, any of you guys ever tried Pho? Vietnamese noodle soup.

No, but I use to work with a guy named Phou and he was from Laos http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif