PDA

View Full Version : Castel Sant'Angelo is closed after game is finished

jfdonohoe
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I've finished the game and am going back to collect all the treasures I missed.

I'm trying to get into Castel Sant'Angelo next to the Vatican. Im reading in some posts that the front door should be open and you can walk right in.

For me the bridge and castle is still hostile and the front gate is closed. From the bridge facing the Castel I can go to the left and then in the side courtyard but none of the doors in there lead anywhere.

Everywhere else seems impassible to get back into the Castle.

Any ideas? I may just have to go back to the sequence and replay.

Thanks!

DeanOMiite
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
There's a way in...took a while for me to figure it out but it's there. Here's what you do.

Cross the bridge walking towards the castel st angelo.

Bang a left as you cross the bridge and you'll come across a door into the courtyard to your right.

Go into the courtyard and climb the blocks in front of you, I believe there is a diagonal wall.

Run up the wall from those blocks and you'll grab a small ledge. Grab that ledge and shimmy to the left.

If you keep going you'll be able to climb up to a ledge, granting you access to other parts of the building.

This definitely works. I did all my stuff in castle st'angelo after I'd completed the story, including the awesome parachute flight off the top of the building.

WarpSpeed10
01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
He, he, took me awhile to figure the route up too. What you need to do is go to the little court yard. There should be a ladder along the wall on the side of the courtyard that's in the same direction as the bridge.Climb up it, kill or run past the guard, climb the tower (you should be now overlooking the vaticano district), and your in. A short cut to the top I found from that point is, rather than side climbing all the way around the central tower as in the first mission, just jump down rite after you climb the tower after the ladder from the courtyard and you should be able to free run up to a platform of wooden beams spanning the gap from the outer wall to the central tower. Facing the tower on the right most beam, you should be able to wall run up and barely catch the side of the handhold. After this significant shortcut just head up to the top and have fun parachuting off for that beautiful trophy/ achievement. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jfdonohoe
01-09-2011, 06:39 PM
That worked. Thanks to you both!

SevketErhat
01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
It took me sometime to figure that one out as well