PDA

View Full Version : My experience with direct2drive.com

frigabond
03-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi folks,

just to let you know that this company is offering acb deluxe digital discounted at 30. Better than ubi at 40. There is a catch. . .
NO and i mean no no support. Also if you use IE IT WILL SCREW UP. what they tell you (VIA FAQ BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO SUBMIT A QUESTION). . .AFTER you have downloaded and installed is you need to use firefox.

Also you cant re-download using firefox becauase you already have it!!!!

And the cherry on the cake is . . . NO REFUND BECAUSE THE GAME HAS BEEN "ACTIVATED"

Please dont start with the " latest drivers,can your comp run this" . . . yes it can and i have tried 10 different driver configurations.

My point is if you are considering this option PLEASE USE FIREFOX. Then see if it works.

Just a heads up.

doxos77
03-22-2011, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up I was so close to buy the deluxe version from direct2drive. But instead I just recieved a conformation e-mail that my regular copy is on its way to my mailbox.

HEAT.GRLSOV
03-22-2011, 04:06 AM
I got the game from Direct2Drive UK.
I don't know about IE or Firefox, since I use D2D's Download Manager which lets me download the game again and again if needed.

I trust that site because even if I had problems, they were quick in helping me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dreddpool82
03-22-2011, 04:20 AM
I have a IGN Founders Account and have bought a dozen games from them and always use the download manager which is required to downlaod anything from them and there partner sites. I also use Fireffox as I don't trust IE.

PS. Don't buy "Homefront" the game was over for me in 2.4hrs.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Good to hear more failures of "ethereal" software.

we should buy the dvd`s,if not for the massive production line and jobs it creates,then simply for less headaches and an actual physical dvd you can fondle and collect.

disliked ethereal software since it raised its ugly head years ago,and every failure is a move in the right direction.

sorry for your loss though.

frigabond
03-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Just to add I also used the comrade download software to get my copy and that creates the problem. It 'sees' my downloaded game and ONLY gives the option to 'play'. Therefore I cant re download http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Because the game 'starts' for a minute before blue screening on me it is 'activated' and therefore not refundable as per directs terms. The support consists soley of a list of faqs buried in which is the warning about using IE.

I am not here to slate the company. I merely wanted to pre warn potential buyers to the problem BEFORE it happens. IMO they need to look at thier support structure, its not exactly intuitive or helpful in this senario. A warning before download would be a start.

There is no problem visa vie drivers or specs as I have tried numerous combinations and ac2 runs flawlessly maxed out on settings in all situations.

I solved it by downloading the ubi one and have no problem. It was just an expensive lesson learned that hopefully others wont make. I dont suggest not buying the download I merely wish to inform. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT

Forgot to say ubi arent without faults. . .

You could have warned me that the 'do you wish to uninstall acb' you were refering to wasn't the previous installation but the download I'd JUST spent 4 hours waiting for. DOH!!!

un_synapse
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
And this is why I prefer Steam.