PDA

View Full Version : AC Brotherhood: The Truth [Spoilers]

ghost_shild
11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Ok, so I just got al the glyphs and did all the puzzels and now I'm in a weird sequence from subject 16? I can't get any furter. Any help?

ghost_shild
11-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Ok so I managed to end the sequence. Wow, Desmond just talked to subject 16. From what I understood, Desmond needs to find Eve. And 16 also talked about the son of Desmond? Does anyone have any clue?

DarkicoN14
11-20-2010, 03:12 PM
****ING SPOILER MAN!

LaCava1
11-20-2010, 03:12 PM
PUT SPOILER TAGS!

And also, the "Desmond's son" thing might explain the voices at the end of the credits.

ghost_shild
11-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Oeps, sorry for the spoilers!

@triforceman5 Yes, that could be very true.

Keksus
11-20-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurE-EzN8vY

For those who don't want to get all glyphs.

I think we aren't playing Desmond, but Desmonds son who was way too long in the animus and thinks he's Desmond, like Desmond thought he's Ezio.

Radman500
11-20-2010, 06:09 PM
i think we have been playing as desmond's son the whole time... like a memory within a memory.. sorta like inception

desmond's son is the true savior...

NOT DESMOND

however desmond is still the main character of AC

DarkicoN14
11-20-2010, 06:17 PM
AC just got weird, i mean wtf is going on?! and they couldnt show subject 16s face?

Elbrujo1978
11-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Did he (subject 16) say your son or your sun???

neophyte12
11-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Elbrujo1978:

SPOILERS

I believe he said, "your sun" then corrected himself ans said "your son"...wonder if when minerva was talking about the sun at the end of 2 (that is what is supposed to end the world right? its been a while since I played 2)

but I wonder if when minerva was talking about the sun in 2, if she really meant desmond's son...who could potentially be the savior of mankind, or the cause of its downfall

DarkicoN14
11-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Im sorry but im confused as hell, also what did ezio see in the apple after cesare said man can not kill me, or whatever

Radman500
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by neophyte12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elbrujo1978:

SPOILERS

I believe he said, "your sun" then corrected himself ans said "your son"...wonder if when minerva was talking about the sun at the end of 2 (that is what is supposed to end the world right? its been a while since I played 2)

but I wonder if when minerva was talking about the sun in 2, if she really meant desmond's son...who could potentially be the savior of mankind, or the cause of its downfall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes thats a good theory

maybe the whole time minerva mentioned the "sun"
she meant desmond's son, who could either be the savior of the world.. or lead the world to destruction.. your theory is basically the same as mind

odovoro
11-21-2010, 02:27 AM
why is he looking for Eve?
and why isn't he looking for Adam?

souNdwAve89
11-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Yup... Just when a lot of fans kinda figured out the mysteries of the AC series, AC: B just took a dump on all of us. Makes us suffer until AC3 or whatever spin off Ubisoft is planning.

oricle
11-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neophyte12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elbrujo1978:

SPOILERS

but I wonder if when minerva was talking about the sun in 2, if she really meant desmond's son...who could potentially be the savior of mankind, or the cause of its downfall </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes thats a good theory

she meant desmond's son, who could either be the savior of the world.. or lead the world to destruction.. your theory is basically the same as mind </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILER!] but at the end of 2 minerva shows a hollogram showing and explaining that a sun spot decimated her people and is going to happen again. and i doubt she meant desmonds son killed all of the ones who came before. [END SPOILER]

ghost_shild
11-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Found a video with subtitles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgzzeyuejyg
neophyte12's theory could be right.

ghost_shild
11-21-2010, 04:35 AM
[SPOILER] And who does Subject 16 mean with "She is not who you think she is" ? Does he mean Minerva or does he mean Lucy? [SPOILER]

mikeh1294
11-21-2010, 06:27 AM
I haven't completed the game yet, or the glyphs, so I haven't read most of these responses. However, I've decided to write up all of the puzzles for the glyphs, starting on the 3rd one. As I do each one, I will write up all of the hidden stuff and post it here.

Glyph 3

-.. .- .-. -.- -. . … … .-.. --- … - -.. -. ..- -- -… - (Translation = Nothing to do)

Harry Dexter White. Remember this name.
"I find myself more and more relying for a solution of our problems on the invisible hand which I tried to eject from economic thinking twenty years ago" - John Maynard Keynes
Le Chiffre indéchiffrable.

"How can I adopt a creed which, preferring mud to the fish, exalts the boorish proletariat above the bourgeois and the intelligentsia who, with whatever faults, are the quality in life and surely carry the send of all human advancement?"

Rqpgxqqeqizikxzjpzkwmczyuawmbfxqwuasmkfvpfkqsbdftn fvw

It would all be done in secret, the Assassins would never know until it was too late.

"Owing to pressure from below, the pressure of the masses, the bourgeoise may sometimes concede certain partial reforms while remaining on the basis of the existing social-economic system."
Wzjwrypq
rpquzaaqpjilfmmzj
kqxamwgbwmexcdj

Co-ordinates = 9450, 2798

July 22, 1944

Fellows, rulers, welcome.

I deliver this speech to you as, several floors below us, a silent revolution begins.

Ranny Olds and Henry Ford. As many of you know, these founders gave us the assembly line, the device we have used to control both (this indoctrinated into the worship of our money (?) ) capitalists and workers (slaves (?) ) alike. But I dream of a future in which such ugly chains will no longer be necessary. In 1910, our founders designed the Plan, it falls to us to see it through.

But, what of the Communists, who intend to spread the bread so thin that everyone will starve? It is our duty to (neutralise (?) ) them and their followers. We muse ensure that the continue to eat, to reproduce, to be productive members of society. That is our burden, to shepherd those beneath us through life, and we must embrace it, even if (force is required (?) ) they themselves do not.

H. and S. brought on the turmoil and fear necessary, now we must strike fast to ensure the development continues in the proper direction. We will appear to concede ground against the workers, remember the successful ruse of Rockefeller's dimes, but soon there will be no ground we do not own.

In 1937, we founded this Company, this enterprise, with a purpose. The time to nurture it to fruition is upon us.

AS A CONCESSION, A SMALL PIECE IS SACRIFICED FOR THE GREATER GOOD TO COME.

edzone96
11-21-2010, 08:52 AM
She is not who you think she is
yeah what does 16 means with that. [SPOILER] At the end of the messege he says, ''Find me in the darkness'', are you going to look for him in the 3rd game? [END AT SPOILER]

TeslaGuard
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I think 16 is referring to Lucy as the one not to by trusted. (SPOILER) the videos also say "the miracle is in the execution". Well since you can't kill Minerva and you do kill Lucy at the end and something is obviously going to happen after that. It makes me wonder how much 16 knows about Minerva. Did he talk to her too? And the memory in a memory would a cool twist an would change how you think about it.

Valaquen_
11-21-2010, 12:13 PM
The interesting thing about ACB is the questions it leaves behind:
Why did Ezio revisit the Sanctuary in his old age?
Does Subject 16's consciousness survive in a digital form?
What's the relevance of the 'your son' comment?
The Templars launch a satellite in 72 days and TWCB describe an awakening in 72 days. The same event or one causing another?

Cauthonluck665
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
[Spoilers]
Does anyone think that maybe Subject 16 thinks Juno isn't to be trusted? Plus who is it that Juno keeps talking about. She says something along the lines of "HE he has limitless stamina, and his reach is so long..." I thought she was referring to death but the way she said it made it actually seem like a real person.
[Spoilers]

derth4
11-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by neophyte12:

SPOILERS

actually i think they were talking about the sun and his son. as in the sun is the ****ing apycolapse creater and his son in a context that as of now i'm unaware... if that makes any sense.... (Learn Engrish dammit)

xsatanicjokerx
11-25-2010, 05:21 PM
If desmonds son is the saviour then why did minerva say "the rest is up to you desmond"

Also someone said why isnt he looking for Adam as well as eve. Well think about it... maybe hes Adam...

nodley2012
11-25-2010, 05:34 PM
i think everyone is putting too much emphasis on the "your son" because it was only said once and if Ubi was going to make it as his son was in an animus in desmonds memories they would have said something about it in the second one not 3/4 of the way through the games unless they plan on doing AC3 and then AC4

Foppezao
11-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TGuard:
I think 16 is referring to Lucy as the one not to by trusted. (SPOILER) the videos also say "the miracle is in the execution". Well since you can't kill Minerva and you do kill Lucy at the end and something is obviously going to happen after that. It makes me wonder how much 16 knows about Minerva. Did he talk to her too? And the memory in a memory would a cool twist an would change how you think about it.

I've been thinking why would Lucy be a double agent, if she helped Desmond escape Abstergo?Otherwise maybe she knew he was "the one" and with the trust of the assassins he could find the temples instead of inside abstergo's animus..I dont think he stabbed her for her DNA, he could just picked a hair instead..
I think 2012 is already the past the poles have shifted, the human race at an end and desmond or his son (desmond could also enter the animus to enter his own memories?)have to find eve to breed the uber beings..To evolve from the homo sapiens into something better..Maybe to control the normal inferior homo sapiens...[at the top of the piramid]
She is not what you think could also be minerva, if you look at the truth video of AC2 i think you could see minerva in the eden dome where adam and eve escape..Too bad i haven't seen those emails in the sanctuary, only because i heard all these stories of people getting stuck there and couldn't return into the animus..mmm.

deskpe
11-26-2010, 11:01 PM
has the red(evil/enemy) footprints outside of the villa in 2012 been discussed anywhere?

flyingeaglemile
11-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by deskpe:
has the red(evil/enemy) footprints outside of the villa in 2012 been discussed anywhere?

I always assumed those were Ezios bleed marks when he escaped through the sanctuary and you could still see the blood stain because of your relation with him and the power of Eagle Vision.

SWJS
11-27-2010, 02:55 AM
she meant desmond's son, who could either be the savior of the world.. or lead the world to destruction.. your theory is basically the same as mind
Ugh, she was talking about the sun. It even shows you a hologram of the sun torching the Earth when she says it.

Desmonds kid has nothing to do with this.

MaciejMarchewka
11-27-2010, 05:42 AM
what bugs me is this when Desmond said 'subject 16' the guy started to laugh. why? if he was in Abstergo just like Desmond he would knew that he is called by that code,name,number or whatever. why he laughed?! does Desmond should know by now who he is?

a lot of you say that the whole thing might be son of Desmond that goes through memories of his dad for Abstergo to get location of apple, ect., memory in memory and stuff.

but i think that memory in memory that is repressed are Ezios momories of Cristina Vespucci?! when Ezio meet her hes goin back to the memories he tried to forget. and that would relief som of us thinking that there is someone else going through memories of memories...

ps. it starting to look like Matrix :P haha first there is desmond who knows that sumthing is happening but he doesnt really do much. he gets to do sum stuff but he is not fully into it. then in part two he show few tricks and starting to stand up for the role he is given. and its all wow and jaw-droppin. the third one is just mind fck. what happend at the end?
- who is with me? - LOL

SawbladesX24
12-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Ya know, that's a good point that Maciej made... Why did Subject 16 laugh and I have a theory, what if its his father? We get through both AC and AC 2 (including brotherhood) and we never see anything about how the bloodline is passed. There was a quick glimpse in AC2 of Altair, but we dont see anything about Ezio (AC3 might show the same). So what if his father is trying to reach out to him and tell him to find his son, who was born out of some random hookup like Altair and very likely Ezio have had in the past.

What Im trying to say is that Desmond has already met Eve but doesnt know it. She went on to have his son while Desmond traveled the world. Altair and Ezio are very similar in that they have a way with the ladies, but we dont see a relationship built up with anyone (and dont forget Ezio and Desmond have the same scar on their lip).

SO, in conclusion maybe subject 16 is trying to break that trend by reaching out to his son Desmond. Just a simple theory.

LightRey
12-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by SawbladesX24:
Ya know, that's a good point that Maciej made... Why did Subject 16 laugh and I have a theory, what if its his father? We get through both AC and AC 2 (including brotherhood) and we never see anything about how the bloodline is passed. There was a quick glimpse in AC2 of Altair, but we dont see anything about Ezio (AC3 might show the same). So what if his father is trying to reach out to him and tell him to find his son, who was born out of some random hookup like Altair and very likely Ezio have had in the past.

What Im trying to say is that Desmond has already met Eve but doesnt know it. She went on to have his son while Desmond traveled the world. Altair and Ezio are very similar in that they have a way with the ladies, but we dont see a relationship built up with anyone (and dont forget Ezio and Desmond have the same scar on their lip).

SO, in conclusion maybe subject 16 is trying to break that trend by reaching out to his son Desmond. Just a simple theory.
How dit Altair have a random hookup? He had a friggin family with a former enemy he worked together with multiple times after almost killing her.

Redfeather1975
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
*****SPOILERS******

Something was pointed out on gamefaqs.com by zenandi.

Watch these truth videos in the order I link them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurE-EzN8vY#t=4m07s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-bibDttnQE

Who is trying to catch up to Eve in Subject 16's 12th animus session recording?
Remember that S16 tells Desmond he has to find Eve in Eden.
S16 hints it is much later than Desmond thinks it is.
S16 mentions Desmond has a son. This video of someone trying to catch up to Eve in Eden is one of 16s ancestors.
My mind is blown. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

evilkitten28
12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
*****SPOILERS******

Something was pointed out on gamefaqs.com

S16 mentions Desmond has a son. This video of someone trying to catch up to Eve in Eden is one of 16s ancestors.
My mind is blown. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Interesting...

Redfeather1975
12-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I have to admit it is assuming things.
That the truth parts are to be seen in the reverse order to make sense.

And that the Desmond sounding voice saying 'Eve' is actually Desmond in Eden following behind them, doing exactly what S16 asks him to do in Truth part 2.

It is just the chronological order is all messed up as it has to be a S16 ancestor in Truth part 1.

tyman1122
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
*****SPOILERS******

Something was pointed out on gamefaqs.com by zenandi.

I watched both videos several times, THE GUY WHO SAYS "EVE" IS DESMOND! You may ask "How do you know?" I listened to both vids several times and they both sound the same!

Redfeather1975
12-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by tyman1122:
I watched both videos several times, THE GUY WHO SAYS "EVE" IS DESMOND! You may ask "How do you know?" I listened to both vids several times and they both sound the same!

Yeah, they are voiced by the same actor.
But in the credits for AC2 it said Adam.

Maybe the credits for the voice acting in that scene was to keep it a secret that Desmond goes to Eden.
Now that we know from Truth part 2 in AC:B that Desmond was told by Subject 16 that he has to find Eve in Eden, it would make sense that it was Desmond's voice.

Canabary
12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
<STRIKE>I noticed that the trophy you recieve after you solve the truth, says: "IAMALI?" At first I thought it was a strange way of saying I Am Alive?, but considering this Desmond's son theory it could be plausible that we're actually Desmond's son called "Ali" and we're given a hint towards our true identity.</STRIKE>

I clearly missed most of the trophy title, as it does say IAMALIVE... Oh well.

Gotta admitt though, without subtitles I dismissed the entire "son" speech as a man talking about the sun.

If this really does turn out to be Desmond's son that bleeding effect is dangerous stuff. He's not just bleeding Desmond's life, but also his animus experiences. That is simply crazy :|

Seriously, this series has a hell of a lot of twists...

Mountndewme69
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
DSPOILERS! The truth fully explained I will happily take opinions on my views

ok lets start with the first truth vid adam and eve have stolen the apple of eden and they are running from something well notice etter when they reach the top u see a mountain well obviously mt killimanjaro which means africa which means eden ok in the first there are codes hidden in truth glyphs one translates to a decree about gods using weapons against humans “weapons“ obviously pieces of eden minerva speaks of humans becoming more powerful and soon outnumbered them bottom line the gods “minerva included“ used pieces of eden to enslave humans heres where it gets good 16 speaks of the sun no not desmonds son 2012 sun kaboom! Well abstergo wants to launch satellites after the sun goes boom to start a new world order alsoo eves blood is the key because assasins descended from her bloodline and the templars decsended from cain adam and eves son u know this because in brothers glyph “ac2“ 16 says behold the mark of cain and the blinking templar cross above cain I still dont know why he kills lucy but my theory is she was either a templar or was wanting the pieces for herself for the wrong reasons but these are only theories if u have an opinon on this post positive or negative feel free to post

Mr_Stunner
12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
What if subject 16 is in reality Desmond's son.
This would make sense assuming that Desmond really goes to Eden find Eve.
Imagina that the world really ends December 2012, and somehow Desmond manage to survive, The ones who came before are ressurected by the satellite, and they create a new Eden, then Desmond goes to Eden find Eve, and that's him calling her on the video, because the voice is heard and they turn rapidly and suspiciously, so that means there's a 3rd person behind them.
Now subject 16 being Desmond's son would relieve it in the animus and recorded it and made the thruth glyphs for giving clues to Desmond, that's why he laughs when Desmond calls him Subject 16 and talks about his son.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is why Subject 16 was in Abstergo before Desmond, maybe he was only the data it showed and Abstergo uncovers something more...

rocketxsurgeon
12-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by deskpe:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3271027009 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3271027009)

Randy 355
12-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I still find it hard to believe Desmond's son is going to save the earth. If Lucy was to have his son, she would not have had it in 72 days as there was no sign she was pregnant in the slightest.

I know Subject 16 mentioned a "son" to Desmond, but I just can't fit the context properly yet.

ILIKESOUP94
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
About the whole "why Desmond killed Lucy" thing:

Subject 16 tells Desmond to find Eve. I think once he finds Eve they will have a kid together. Somehow S 16 must know that their kid will be a boy: "the sun...your son", otherwise he would have said, "the daughter...your daughter" I don't know how he knows this it's just a theory. So if Desmond is to have a son with Eve, or the descendent of Eve, whatever, then Juno kills off Lucy because she was a love interest of Desmond.

Now about the "S 16 being Desmond's son":

That can't be. Desmond is around 25 years old and S 16 is a fair age to where Desmond wouldn't be able to be his father.

One more thing: I saw someone post about not knowing anything about Desmond's background (I don't know who or where) I do remember in AC1 Desmond saying he was a bartender...Nothing exciting, just something I wanted to point out.

TheWizCalledOz
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TGuard:

*MIGHT BE A SPOILER*

I just wanted to explain about "The miracle is in the execution".
The execution has nothing to do with killing, it's executing, like a .exe file.
(I know this for a fact, because I don't play in English. Unless it's a word game on ubisofts part, in that case, the translation sucks.)

After they show "The Miracle is in the execution", Lucy says something like "There is nothing there...?" and Rebecca is like "strange, because I see a large amount of data... Unless it's not a film."
And then they start the "running around in the animus, looking for Subject 16"-thing.

Another thing though, when Desmond says "Subject 16?", i think it sounds like he answers "subject 17.", as if he was correcting, not greeting him. I know it has been said before, but I thought I'd mentioned it, just in case.

ULT1M4T3
01-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Did anyone took closer look at the video? Well, I watched it frame-by-frame and took some screenshots. Most of it is garbage, but you can see several things on others. Here's the best one:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8634/12736226.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/i/12736226.jpg/)
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3623/73542802.jpg (http://img689.imageshack.us/i/73542802.jpg/)

You can see some face (at least part of it)- it's hard to say who is it, but it kinda looks like a kid. On the left, you can see some hand with (propably) ring. It could be related to assassins' ring but this is right hand, so I'm not sure.
Any thoughts?

PS I'll upload the rest of frames when I have the time.

samward
01-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok need some history help here guys. In puzzle 6 where Margaret Thatcher sends a note to Yeltsin about how he can kick Gorbachev out of power....does anyone know what riots she is referring too? In other words, Yeltsin did become president, that is fact, where there really riots that helped him get there? Or was that fiction on Ubi’s part? I have looked everywhere and not been able to find any real existence of them. Any help you can give me would be great.
----------------------------------------------
"Mr. Yeltsin,

I am writing this letter to encourage you to act. One rarely finds oneself in
such an opportune position. Gorbachev does not have our interests at hear. He
is moving far too slowly to privatize, and my deep fear is that he has no
intention of doing so at all. I understand that you have expressed similar
concerns. With that in mind, here is a proposal to remedy the situation.

Several of my top advisers at the Company maintain a monetary connection with
the Communist old guard. They tell me that a riot might easily be incited while
Gorbachev is away. If you were to repel an attempt to seize parliament in front
of the media, it could very well tip the scales of power in your favor.

Telephone me at No. 10 and we shall talk further."

darianhill
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
ok my theory is that its past 2012 and what desmond thinks it is,(like 16 says in the truth video)i think that since he said that everything is gone and he wont achive what he wants,so because of the end of the da vinci dlc when it says (spoiler btw) that desmond slipped into a coma aftr being in the machine too long (animus obv) and another voice says its fine because hes slipped into them before and always finds his way out, which leads me to believe that absergo found them took the apple and is making desmon relive his recent life through the animus but while making him belive that its the first time hes doing it,(just like how in ac 1 al mualim makes altair belive he dies), and i believe that subject 16 knows this because he went back in the animus to adam and eve who had an apple of eden which when touched can open gateways of veiwing things in the future, and could have seen desmond possibly(im not too sure about that part)and he tells desmond to go back becasue he is a decendant of her aswell seeing as shes the first woman, to see for himself. and when 16 tells him that everything he holds dead and everything he hopes to become and everything he holds dead is already gone basically means that all the assassins are dead pobly excapt him and he cant become one because hes stuck in the animus.and when he says shes not who she says she is he is either talking about lucy whic would make sence because she could have lied and been a templar betraying the assassins for power which ties it together,or it could mean minerva betraying the other "gods" and giving the apple to adam and eve as a means to start war, which i get from the ending to ac2. either way it fitsin some way. now for when 16 says son i think that desmond has to escape and find his son possibly and together they wil defeat the templars.(and i know sounds impossible but altair was able to stop a templar army basically by himself and ezio stopped the pope and his son so yea two of their direct descendants sounds pretty possible) but yea thats my theory so far

stevewood1027
04-01-2011, 09:37 PM
1. The game is actually taking place in a memory within a memory, sort of like Inception.
2. The person who is actually looking into the past is Desmond's Son.
3. Lucy can't be trusted. She does act odd throughout Brotherhood as if she's hiding something.
4. Abstergo is trying to screw with Desmond's head from afar to make him think all of the above and he didn't actually stab Lucy.
5. Or Ubisoft has an idea so mind blowing we won't see it coming in AC: III

I can't wait to see what it is.

SWJS
04-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by stevewood1027:
1. The game is actually taking place in a memory within a memory, sort of like Inception.
2. The person who is actually looking into the past is Desmond's Son.
3. Lucy can't be trusted. She does act odd throughout Brotherhood as if she's hiding something.
4. Abstergo is trying to screw with Desmond's head from afar to make him think all of the above and he didn't actually stab Lucy.
5. Or Ubisoft has an idea so mind blowing we won't see it coming in AC: III

I can't wait to see what it is. 2 and 3 are jossed thanks to the DaVinci DLC revealing a few things. As for number 4, Abstergo is putting their resources into training Templar Field agents to go after Desmond, so it's unlikely.

denizcs
04-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Mind=Blow if Desmond is actually Jupiter.

renthicya
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey guys, here's my theory:

Basically this is the only story-solution for me that would actually make the whole 'brotherhood truth section' to be interesting and ecstatic (otherwise the whole truth in this game had no point).

So:
16 told us that in order to succeed, Des needs to find Eve and her DNA. Lucy was the one with that DNA (or her relatives). Minerva knows that as well. Minerva also told our heroes there is not much time, which would mean that there is no time to relive Eve's memories through Lucy, she wasn't in the Animus, she would need much time to be fairly synchronized. Instead, there's Desmond. He is almost fully synchronized with his ancestors (vivid hallucinations, etcetc).
So Minerva thought it would be great if Desmond could somehow get into the memories of Lucy's ancestors... which is through her blood/DNA. No time to get blood sample from her fingertip so they could inject it into Desmond and wait. Instead, Minerva makes Des to stab Lucy, granting him access to her blood. Desmond's now swimming in the required DNA, which means he can relive the memories of Eve/Lucy through that in a short period of time.

I think the above would explain the reason and logic behind the S16 scene and also of the stabbing of Lucy.

About the mole in the group:
I think that it's Rebecca. She's the one created the Assassin's Animus hence she could have rerouted its content and everything to Abstergo.
Also, during the Da Vinci DLC, Erudito, the sender of the mails asks us not to tell anything to Shaun and Lucy. Not because one of them is the traitor, but because they would know that Reb (and Erudito) are traitors.

About Desmond's son:
Since Minerva is somewhat capable of seeing the future (has knowledge of Desmond and his future, etcetc), Minerva knows Lucy will be okay even after the stabbing.
Once Des figures out what to do from their shared memories (of Adam and Eve), their child would carry on that DNA as well, becoming the one who would resolve the situation (more about this, later).

Now, the cataclysm everyone fears:
Based on Minerva's words in AC2 and based on the clues, pictures and puzzles in ACB Clusters, the cataclysm is the magnetic polar shift/change. We all now that in 2012 the magnetic poles of the Earth would turn upside down completely, resulting in every technology to be completely useless (and human losses ofc), hence the actions of the Templars (Abstergo) would just be zeroed: no control over the population whatsoever.

So from my point of view, the main turning point of the story (possibly in AC3) would be that the Assassin's would actually benefit from that cataclysm...

Yes, people would die, but the human civilization would survive, even if that humans need to start everything over again, starting from the neolithic age. But this time, they have a chance to change everything (no templars).
Here comes the story of Des's son again. He would be the one leading the people of the new age to either glory (civilizaiton without Templars and their views) or destruction (continue templars legacy).

So every piece fit together now, at least for me this would be the most logical and coherent storyline.

AntiChrist7
04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Is there a different cutscene for when you solve the truth puzzles afte rcompleting the game? Do the two men (William and the other) say something?

renthicya
04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
Is there a different cutscene for when you solve the truth puzzles afte rcompleting the game? Do the two men (William and the other) say something?

Actually there's a bug if you complete the Truth after beating the main storyline... the final cut-scene won't trigger after the talk with S16. Same thing happened to me and to several other players. Would appreciate a link to that discussion with Lucy, couldn't find it on YT.

Geinref
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree that the game might end up being like inception. For sure what S16 said "it's far later then you know" tells me that the present time isnt the current one.

Another thing i noticed too when S16 said, "the sun, your son" i'm guessing he's referring to whoever is paying attention to desmond's memories (my guess is William). Kinda like how Minerva was like "this message is for you desmond." So the son is technically Desmond, and this is if S16 was talking thru desmond to William.

EmmaBemma
04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by samward:
Ok need some history help here guys. In puzzle 6 where Margaret Thatcher sends a note to Yeltsin about how he can kick Gorbachev out of power....does anyone know what riots she is referring too? In other words, Yeltsin did become president, that is fact, where there really riots that helped him get there? Or was that fiction on Ubi’s part? I have looked everywhere and not been able to find any real existence of them. Any help you can give me would be great.

Quick google search found this:
Gorbachev - wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev)

In December 1986, the first signs of the nationalities problem that would haunt the later years of the Soviet Union's existence surfaced as riots, named Jeltoqsan, occurred in Alma Ata and other areas of Kazakhstan after Dinmukhamed Kunayev was replaced as First Secretary of the Communist Party of Kazakhstan. Nationalism would then surface in Russia in May 1987, as 600 members of Pamyat, a nascent Russian nationalist group, demonstrated in Moscow and were becoming increasingly linked to Boris Yeltsin, who received their representatives at a meeting.
Course, it's only wiki but maybe you could check out the citations e.t.c if you're interested. The wiki articles also mention several other protests around the same time period.