PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Guards?

FatLeopardGuy
04-13-2010, 07:49 AM
If I'm running from a bunch of guards down a road and then run into an alley that splits up into two directions, the guards somehow magically seem to know which direction I took, even though I was out of sight when taking the left turn for example. Once the guard reach the split they all seem to take the left turn as well, even though I'm out of sight. Realistically at least some of the guards should take the right turn in case I had gone there.

Oh well, I just hope the pursuit AI will be more realistic in AC3

mornegroth
04-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes. I think in future titles the devs should put some more effort in the technical aspects like AI, graphics (optimization and not actual presentation), physics, debugging, control tweeking etc.

With AC2 the developers reached a sweet spot at story telling and diversity. These two points should be kept in mind as well, as they should maintain the same level of originality.

TheLeoCrow
04-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Another example is when the guards are on top of a tower and you are climbing down, even when the arrow over their heads turns yellow (meaning that they don't see you), if you go left or right while hanging, they do go to the same direction even if you are not in their visual range

MetalX2010
04-14-2010, 03:06 PM
yes i had that too, it was the flying mission and you had to infiltrate without being detected, I made a mistake and fell on the ground below, 2 gaurds started walking my way so I hid behind a column, you can imagine what happend next XD I kept laughing for 5 long minutes and still hiding as they kept magically knowing where I am.

at the end I got bored, double blade assassinated them, got detected, repeated the mission again.

Mitro-Blade
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
My only problem with the guards was that they are so easy to escape from. The only thing i need to do is to run a straigt line untill i get out of the "yellow zone" on the minimap and they have lost you. Making the guards chase you like they did in AC 1 would be an improvement, since this time around you don't even have to use hiding spots when escaping.