PDA

View Full Version : Idea for an easier way to arm aircraft

Choctaw111
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Let's face it. Some of the AC have a VERY long list of armament configurations that you have to scroll through to find what you want. Why not make it a little easier to find the loadout that you are looking for?
The idea that I have is that instead of having one list to scroll through for everything, why not have a separate list for each hardpoint, or each "location" that has an armament option. This would make it much easier and the lists much shorter. Who knows? Maybe the ground crew will even wheel out the stuff that you selected on put it on while you watch. How great would that be?

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
I think MicroProse's "Gunship" had the exact thing you're talking about

Intuitive and easy

Waldo.Pepper
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Falcon as well I think.

Skoshi Tiger
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Janes F/A18 had a selection of loadouts, like ground, anti-ship, CAP etc with common loadouts and the facility to make custom ones that could be saved.

JG53Frankyboy
09-15-2007, 03:48 AM
a lot of other games have loading screens as here suggested......................

i hope for this kind in SoW also !

Radoye1
09-15-2007, 05:59 AM
yeah - but how to prevent the player for creating non-historical loadouts then?

JG53Frankyboy
09-15-2007, 06:22 AM
it should sure still be only possible/historical loadouts be available for the specific plane..........

Skoshi Tiger
09-19-2007, 06:20 PM
If, when building a campaign the 'artist' making it could be able to specify what munitions are avaliable. The player would then only be able to select from that list.

I liked the sims like USNF where you had to manage your resources during a campaign. If you used up your favourite weapon too early you were stuck with ones that were posibly unsuitable for the mission. A resuply at various times during the campaign would restock your weapons

Don_X
09-20-2007, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Skoshi Tiger:
If, when building a campaign the 'artist' making it could be able to specify what munitions are avaliable. The player would then only be able to select from that list.

I liked the sims like USNF where you had to manage your resources during a campaign. If you used up your favourite weapon too early you were stuck with ones that were posibly unsuitable for the mission. A resuply at various times during the campaign would restock your weapons

Loadout can be locked in FMB, also they can be restricted in servers.DCG gives you some of the other options re:supply.

FritzGryphon
09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Very important especially to allow asymmetrical loads. Such were common on Ju-88s and others. Even if not commonly used, asymmetric loads are possible on all planes to the limit of being controllable.

And if you want to put 2xSC2000 on one wing and nothing on the other, thats your perogative. If yout want overload your plane, go ahead. Unless the server says no.

If I recall correctly Oleg did comment on an improved loadout system back in the mists of time.

Philipscdrw
09-25-2007, 04:10 AM
LO-MAC had a loadout system like that - you could select each hardpoint, then choose something to hang off it. In the same screen you could choose how much fuel to have onboard. The screen shows the total weight of the aircraft, and won't let you proceed if overweight.

In real life, weren't there loadmasters and ordnance people and mechanics who would have very severe things to say to any pilot who wanted to fly 'their' aircraft overloaded or severely asymmetric?