PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILERS** TWCB Belt Discovery

ctrain77
05-25-2011, 09:36 AM
This is my first topic so please go easy on me.

I was watching the ends of all the AC games last night trying to make sense of everything and I noticed something interesting.

**SPOILERS**

When Desmond goes underneath the colosseum, he encounters a message from Juno.

Video of AC:B Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b2Icpb4swQ&feature=related)

Look at 6:58. Does that belt look familiar? Unless that shape is just a coincidence, I find it interesting that TWCB appear to be more closely related to the assassins than even they know.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I searched the forums and couldn't find anything like it.

What do you guys think? Am I seeing things?

reini03
05-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Uhmm, you aren't seeing things. Pretty interesting found actually. It has some similarities to the Assassin logo, but I wouldn't say it's that similar.

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah the crest is very similar to the Assassin's symbol and the belt even has the little pouches in it.

AMuppetMatt
05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
It's not really in the right place to be a belt, looks more like and external bra http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

However you ARE spot on, that looks very, very similar to an assassins belt. Another plot twist or a false ploy?

ShaneO7K
05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
It's not really in the right place to be a belt, looks more like and external bra http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

However you ARE spot on, that looks very, very similar to an assassins belt. Another plot twist or a false ploy? I think it may just be a reminder to people that Desmond and his ancestors descend from TWCB, did it not mention in GI that we will learn more about TWCB in ACR?

ctrain77
05-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I think that we will find out more about TWCB in ACR. I was just watching the end of AC2, link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqWqNtrmblE) , and Minerva was talking about the temples. She says, and i'm paraphrasing, that there were those who knew to turn away from war and built the temples to protect TWCB from the fire and save them. Could these be the first assassins? Does that symbol belong to TWCB and the did these humans that allied with them adopt it?

I'm just rambling at this point but it's interesting to think about.

TwentyGlyphs
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah, I think the story has been hinting that the Assassins have their roots in Those Who Came Before. In Altair's Codex entry 9 from AC2, he says

You cannot kill a creed. Even if you kill all of its adherents, destroy all of its writings these are a reprieve at best. Some one, some day, will rediscover it. Reinvent it. I believe that even we, the Assassins, have simply re-discovered an Order that predates the Old Man himself...

This strongly hints that Al Mualim re-discovered some ancient order that he reinvented as the Assassins in his own time. Some of the early product info also had this blurb:

Back for the final chapter in his award-winning trilogy, legendary master Assassin Ezio Auditore must protect Constantinople from the onslaught of Templar forces and follow in the footsteps of Altair, searching for the origins of his ancient order in an immersive and riveting story. A refined and expanded online multiplayer layer returns once again with more modes, more maps, and more characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world. And for the first time, extend your gameplay experience with an Assassin's Creed spin-off game.

The whole "origins of the ancient order" sounds like the Assassin order is something started by TWCB.

ctrain77
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I know this is all stuff that we have heard but it's all starting to make more sense to me. At the ending of AC:B, **SPOILERS**, Juno tells Desmond that after the first period of destruction, TWCB tried to join the humans to them. They succeeded only partially, giving them only limited use of the 'sixth sense', where they can see the 'blue shimmer' but that is all. My guess is that is Adam and Eve. They weren't the first humans, but the first offspring, or whatever you want to call it, of humans and TWCB.

When Desmond picks up the apple, she says that his DNA communes with it. She says "you, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies(humans)."

It makes me think that these offspring of theres are their only hope of either being reborn or protecting the world.

Turkiye96
05-27-2011, 07:17 AM
yea the assassins or well people with eagle vision are related to TWCB as they have a less powerful version of that sixth sense

superbalex
05-27-2011, 08:29 AM
also in ac2, where you first get your hidden blade to work, Da vinci says when he looks at the crafting plans: "despite it's age, it looks rather advanced".
and humans didnt see to have the knowledge to make such a weapon.. especially not since its "old".

just saying.. could be another hint that the hidden blade was invented by TWCB and given to the assassins..

ChaosxNetwork
05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice first topic, +1 tinternet thingy.

kriegerdesgottes
05-27-2011, 05:33 PM
It really can't be that the order started with Al Mualim if you consider the French AC comic where he is a roman a thousand years before the first game or even the whole romulus thing or any of the statues with the chick who killed Alexander or the guy who supposedly killed xerxes. Those are all much earlier times than Altair.