PDA

View Full Version : We simply ran out of space ...

jagdmailer
03-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Where is the patch !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oleg said a month ago it would be out not before the end of February, well, it's mid-march now and nothing still again......maybe it's the Russian gregorian calendar thing ?

Also, maps were suppose to be released before 3.05...where are they ??

Jagd

vroelofs
03-10-2005, 10:14 AM
TWO WEEKS!

NetDaemon
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Allright now, get up from the floor, quit crying and wipe those tears.

Take a deep breath and now answer me this:

How long do you plan on keeping spamming these forums before we contact your parents?

Equilizer
03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
We do deserve to know if it will be another month, or maybe a week.

At the very least, we *DID* pay for the Betty at the time of sale, so we should get an update as to when we could expect it.

jagdmailer
03-10-2005, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NetDaemon:

How long do you plan on keeping spamming these forums before we contact your parents? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Net,

If you cannot live with the fact that many of us are getting very anxious to get the content we have now been waiting for 4+ months & that was supposed to be available 2-3 weeks after the half-complete PF sim was released, then I suggest you simply go troll in other threads.

Jagd

Willi_Wombat
03-10-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought Oleg said:

(maybe by the end of February)

and most recently said:

(by mid March if all is perfect)

just chill.

WW

rummyrum
03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Useless thread....Jagd all you do is whine my friend. Take a break, its not that big of a deal.

arjisme
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Also, you're a day late and a dollar short, as they say. There is already a "Where's the patch?" whine thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=6581063092) posted in the forums today. This thread is basically a repost.

jagdmailer
03-10-2005, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rummyrum:
Useless thread....Jagd all you do is whine my friend. Take a break, its not that big of a deal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called constructive critique. Got to teach those Russians how to do PR and I speak for an experienced point of view.....I live half the year in Sevastopol, Krym and my wife is Russian.

Jagd

Gr7_Bizu-RO
03-10-2005, 11:34 AM
I love this kind of ,,were,s the patch" threads.
Yea, i want to join in...so were,s the Patch?
Kidding..but an update would be nice.It,s almost mid march and kinda quiet.Everything goes as planed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/yago9/yossam1.gif

NetDaemon
03-10-2005, 11:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NetDaemon:

How long do you plan on keeping spamming these forums before we contact your parents? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Net,

If you cannot live with the fact that many of us are getting very anxious to get the content we have now been waiting for 4+ months & that was supposed to be available 2-3 weeks after the half-complete PF sim was released, then I suggest you simply go troll in other threads.

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You`re the one trolling here my friend, or perhaps phishing? Else you`re just whining like a little boy who didn`t the bycicle he wanted on Xmas day.

What exactly do you think you`ll achieve by posting "Where's the patch!!!" ?

You think Oleg will rush at your command and have the patch delivered at your own door inmediatly?

This is the second thread you make on the same subject in the same day, go ahead and make more threads like this and see how closer we get to the patch release thanks to you!

Hell If I were Oleg, after reading both threads I`d mail you your $40 refund and send you packing!

NetDaemon
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
http://members.aol.com/rynocub/soup.jpg

NO PATCH FOR YOU!!!

Arm_slinger
03-10-2005, 11:58 AM
See what tomorrow brings http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, oops have i given too much away? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Obi_Kwiet
03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
So, that's how rumors get started.

(Ha! My post count is one more than yours!)

Chuck_Older
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:

It's called constructive critique. Got to teach those Russians how to do PR and I speak for an experienced point of view.....I live half the year in Sevastopol, Krym and my wife is Russian.

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not a Constructive Critique, and we both know it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
The rest of your post about Russians in general is 100% opinion

In Before The Rubber Chicken

TAGERT.
03-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Where is the patch !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oleg said a month ago it would be out not before the end of February, well, it's mid-march now and nothing still again......maybe it's the Russian gregorian calendar thing ?

Also, maps were suppose to be released before 3.05...where are they ??

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh majic 8 ball.. Is Jagd about to have a hissy fit?

http://www.umich.edu/~info/8ball/4.gif

DRB_Hookech0
03-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Would you rather someone start a "Where are the Maps to actually fight the Pacific War?" thread?

How about..........

"How can we have a Naval Aviation Sim for WW2 without flyable Torpedo Planes"

or......

"Why is the plane set an early war setup but all the decent maps are mostly late war?"

or......

"How come Ubi and/or 1C's legal departments are so inept that they let the Trademark issue even happen?"

or.....

"Where are the IJN and USN capital ships? or the ships that we have seen the images of pre-release?"

I mean heck...the list could go on and on....

I dont want to hear how this or that didnt make Olegs cut or something was not correct in this or that cockpit. PF has shown us that there is no bar when it comes to content, talent or historical accurecy, it was pushed out the door still born for cash flow. period.

Oh and BTW........IBTL

arjisme
03-10-2005, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRB_Hookech0:
Would you rather someone start a "Where are the Maps to actually fight the Pacific War?" thread?

How about..........

"How can we have a Naval Aviation Sim for WW2 without flyable Torpedo Planes" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's already been done.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>or......

"Why is the plane set an early war setup but all the decent maps are mostly late war?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Already been done.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>or......

"How come Ubi and/or 1C's legal departments are so inept that they let the Trademark issue even happen?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Already done that one too.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>or.....

"Where are the IJN and USN capital ships? or the ships that we have seen the images of pre-release?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Been there, done that.

To answer your question: No, I don't want to hear about any of the same old, beaten-to-death thread topics unless there is some new information that helps the community.

Philipscdrw
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I must say, I'm annoyed and confused by the way there isn't any official comment on what the patch will contain. I was told when I bought PF that the Betty, etc, were only omitted due to disk space limitations. I assume that what's happened is 1C, while they have the opportunity, 'quickly' adding in more content to the patch, which is delaying it...

Or perhaps there's a load of American content, and they're waiting for the go-ahead from the lawyers before releasing it...

I'm hoping the reason the patch is delayed is because 1C are filling it with nice new content. But in the meantime I'm checking this site 5 times a day. Why can't we be told what's going on with the patch??

canucksledge
03-10-2005, 01:32 PM
NetDaemon?

That was simply hilarious...fell out of my chair. Thanks!!

No patch for you... (snicker)

jagdmailer
03-10-2005, 02:54 PM

Net,

Jagd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You`re the one trolling here my friend, or perhaps phishing? Else you`re just whining like a little boy who didn`t the bycicle he wanted on Xmas day.

What exactly do you think you`ll achieve by posting "Where's the patch!!!" ?

You think Oleg will rush at your command and have the patch delivered at your own door inmediatly?

This is the second thread you make on the same subject in the same day, go ahead and make more threads like this and see how closer we get to the patch release thanks to you!

Hell If I were Oleg, after reading both threads I`d mail you your $40 refund and send you packing! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not start the first thread lunatic.

Jagd

mortoma
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
The patch will be released as soon as they're done with it. Seriously, many of you have been around for a long time so you should be used to this waiting game. Been this way since IL2 came out way back in 2001. Some of the first FB patches took forever. Why do some of you think anything is going to change in this regard??

WTE_Gog
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I enjoy watching the fanboys jump on posts like these and hammer the author.

I especially like it when they make statements like,

"Do you think Oleg will pull out all the stops and send you the patch because you posted a complaint?" or words to that affect.

There is as much chance as Oleg rewarding a complainer with the new patch as there is of him rewarding the fanboys for rushing to his defence.
The difference between the complainers and the fanboys is that at least the complainers (mostly) have genuine greivances.....the fanboys are just sicophantic brown nosing licks of the highest order.

So come on, hands up who bought an apple in for Oleg today?

Chuck_Older
03-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Am I a fanboy because I disagree with somebody, or because I can see both sides of an issue? Or because I have occasional insights that contain news folks don't want to hear? Or are you the final arbiter of that title, WTE_Gog?

Covino
03-10-2005, 04:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Gog:

"Do you think Oleg will pull out all the stops and send you the patch because you posted a complaint?" or words to that affect.

There is as much chance as Oleg rewarding a complainer with the new patch as there is of him rewarding the fanboys for rushing to his defence.
The difference between the complainers and the fanboys is that at least the complainers (mostly) have genuine greivances.....the fanboys are just sicophantic brown nosing licks of the highest order.

So come on, hands up who bought an apple in for Oleg today? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen. Some people think they run this forum (post count is only a measure of your anguish, not authority, kiddies). It's the people who make arguments, reasonable complaints, and ask questions who contribute to this game, not the suckups. Tauntng consumers as crybabies is a very childish act, by the way (oh the irony).

And if a thread has been brought up before, who cares? Ignore it for the sake of people who actually take interest. I rather read about an old topic than plod through tired old comments flaming the thread starter.

canucksledge
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
cheers, Covino. Well put.

rummyrum
03-10-2005, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Covino:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Gog:

Amen. Some people think they run this forum (post count is only a measure of your anguish, not authority, kiddies). It's the people who make arguments, reasonable complaints, and ask questions who contribute to this game, not the suckups. Tauntng consumers as crybabies is a very childish act, by the way (oh the irony).

And if a thread has been brought up before, who cares? Ignore it for the sake of people who actually take interest. I rather read about an old topic than plod through tired old comments flaming the thread starter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

poST counting only exist in your mind. I have been here longer than many and have less post than most. As was said we have been down this road before infact we have seen these same post crying about a patch and when it was promised etc. It is nothing new an I am pretty sure one of these never made the devs go "you know what he is right...release that patch". Get out of fantasy land it doesn't work that way for IL2 or any other game. For god sake be grateful your getting anything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif . What ******s some of you can be...

canucksledge
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
I still can't understand this "Ubi is doing us a favour by supporting their product" mentality users here have. So many people brainwashed by Microsoft into thinking free support is a rarity and not at all required. Maybe I'm just old. Am I the only person here that paid real hard earned money for their copy, and feel I should at least expect the fragging box and online ad description to be at least close?? THEY OWE US! We all I assume worked for the money to buy this sim, or at least hounded our parents for the money. C'mon people. Give your collective heads a shake. They didn't create this sim to make us feel all snuggly inside. They created it to make money. Yes, they deserve money for their efforts. But we deserve support for our money, especially when one of the first things you read in the documentation indicates they realized the game wasn't complete when they released it! Arrgh!

StG77_Stuka
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canucksledge:
I still can't understand this "Ubi is doing us a favour by supporting their product" mentality users here have. So many people brainwashed by Microsoft into thinking free support is a rarity and not at all required. Maybe I'm just old. Am I the only person here that paid real hard earned money for their copy, and feel I should at least expect the fragging box and online ad description to be at least close?? THEY OWE US! We all I assume worked for the money to buy this sim, or at least hounded our parents for the money. C'mon people. Give your collective heads a shake. They didn't create this sim to make us feel all snuggly inside. They created it to make money. Yes, they deserve money for their efforts. But we deserve support for our money, especially when one of the first things you read in the documentation indicates they realized the game wasn't complete when they released it! Arrgh! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your forgot your medication again!

Chuck_Older
03-10-2005, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canucksledge:
I still can't understand this "Ubi is doing us a favour by supporting their product" mentality users here have. So many people brainwashed by Microsoft into thinking free support is a rarity and not at all required. Maybe I'm just old. Am I the only person here that paid real hard earned money for their copy, and feel I should at least expect the fragging box and online ad description to be at least close?? THEY OWE US! We all I assume worked for the money to buy this sim, or at least hounded our parents for the money. C'mon people. Give your collective heads a shake. They didn't create this sim to make us feel all snuggly inside. They created it to make money. Yes, they deserve money for their efforts. But we deserve support for our money, especially when one of the first things you read in the documentation indicates they realized the game wasn't complete when they released it! Arrgh! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing you don't understand is the difference between the publisher (UbiSoft) and the developer (1C:Maddox Games, usually referred to as Oleg Maddox)

Ubi made 1C do some things. The publisher calls some shots. One of the things that they made 1C do was restrict the sim "Pacific Fighters" to two CDs.

This topic has been hashed and re-hashed. Some of the more active members and some of those that post infrequently but read a lot of posts are not only more aware of what happened, but frankly get tired of the same old petulant "Oleg you promised" tripe.

A lot of members here will tell you that there's two groups here: "Whiners" and "Oleg Fanboys", which is bull.

Whiners whine, and whoever doesn't agree with the whiners is invaribaly labelled a fanboy. Rubbish. I note with disgust that usually the folks that lay labels like 'fanboy' (I have never called anyone a whiner, my vocabulary is broad) hardly ever constructively discuss anything- they just point fingers and lay blame, and heaven forbid most of them HELP a player out.

I've been chasing a P-51D marking bug for ages. It's wrong, it's an oversight, plain and simple a glaring mistake.

Did I b!tch and moan? No, I brought it to people's attention in a contrcutive way. Just because I wasn't vocal about it, telling everyone how much Oleg screws up and how he can't deliver on a product, I must be a defender of everything that 1C does just because they do it?!

Utter tripe!

One thing you don't realise since you seem to be new (and many "older" members hate it when this happens, by the way) is that 1C:Maddox simply has one of the best records of fulfilling promises. You are assuming that they won't, when you don't have the facts to make that assumption at all. Don't take my word on it, and don't take all the complainer's word, either.

Do what you'd do in any other situation: form an opinion after you learn the facts, which it seems you (and others here) haven't really done yet

The hard line "I paid my money" thing is great and all that. 'They owe us'...you don't know thing one about 1C's track record in this regard, or about all the stuff they release that they don't 'owe us', or even why there's stuff missing from PF in the first place, is my bet

Learn the facts, man, that's all I'm asking. I could sit here and call you names you've never heard. I'm not, though

I'm just asking you to find out what the score is before you start in with the hard-nosed "you owe me" stuff

TAGERT.
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM

So come on, hands up who bought an apple in for Oleg today? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So.. doesnt this make you a fanboy for the complainers? ROTFLMAO!

sapre
03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
this is so boring.
just give us the ships.

canucksledge
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Points well taken, Chuck_Older. I did go off a bit, and I'm sorry for that. I must point out that some of my frustration revolves around about 100.00 In long distance trying to get answers from Ubi re: why my box and the website didn't match the contents therin. Could have saved myself the angst if I'd found this place sooner. I also have been playing sims since Falcon AT and Jet (That's waaay back), and have just gotten a little of the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" syndrome. Believe me when I say I put 30 hours a week into gameplay. I do feel I got more than fair value in 4 months, with no sign of stopping. It's simply the point of I expected better of them, especially after reading so many great things about them. Yes their track record for patches is second to none. But...if that 3rd cd was really ready for release in Nov...just too much to put in the box, then we really should have the Betty by now. Even a broken one. It's not that it's there and wrong, like the Mustang. It's that its not there at all. It didn't miss pressing, it just didn't exist. We only saw screen shots 2 weeks ago of the interior. Anyway I'm blah blah blah'ing and I'll stop. Not my intention to offend, and if I did, I apologise. I'm new, and I'm willing to get smacked down now and then. I'm a big boy, I can take it. And...I'll drop it. I've made my point.

Gr7_Bizu-RO
03-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Next patch will bring us: few more trees to the left of that small building,improved lug nuts to truck wheels,ships propeller will spins a bit faster, submerged subs with new paint job,corrected pressure in He111 right tire etc.
Because of patch size new planes will be released in first quarter of november if everything goes as planed and no one gets sick by then.Thats my prediction. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Feathered_IV
03-11-2005, 05:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by WTE_Gog:

(Feathered slips into his justifiably famous Cary Grant voice):
"Darling, you're hysterical" *slap*.
WTE_Gog: "Thankyou dear. I feel better already."

MajorBloodnok
03-11-2005, 06:23 AM
Seems a hell of a lot of people bought Pacific Fighters just so they could fly the Betty. Who'd have thought it?

My expectation for those ingrates that complain that they aren't getting what they may or may not have paid for is that they will therefore feel morally bound to pay an additional fee for those things that Oleg adds in to the patch (as he usually does) that they didn't expect or ask for or even notice until someone points it out to them. It's only fair.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

MajorBloodnok

sapre
03-11-2005, 07:11 AM
I don't care about betty at all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
I just want want my ships http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Hendley
03-11-2005, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MajorBloodnok:
Seems a hell of a lot of people bought Pacific Fighters just so they could fly the Betty. Who'd have thought it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe it or not, I did. I'm not complaining about it's long absence, though. I await in a blissful trance, constantly reassured by the cognoscenti of this forum to Trust He That Is Known As Oleg, For It Will Come, in half a moon or so...

harryrriedl
03-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Ever one but jagdmailer can have the patch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Da_Godfatha
03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
The Betty was not the only reason I bought PF.But as a bomber pilot (onwhine), I sure would like to fly it.

If you read the last post from Mr. Maddox, he basicly said one more patch for PF and then that is all. Resources will be on BoB. And then the described planes, maps, thingamabobs, may or may NOT be in the patch.

So that puts down the support for PF. He should really do a BoB addon for PF and all the other theaters also. I for one doubt that I will buy BoB, no matter how good the eye-candy is.

Chuck_Older
03-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Oleg kicked my cat

Col_Tibbetts
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey Chuck,

I never really understood your argument about the whole "Ubi restricted Oleg to two CDs" issue.

SENARIO 1: Are you saying that Oleg had the whole sim finished and it took, lets say, three CDs and he REMOVED things like the Betty and others until he was left with enough for two?

SENARIO 2: Or are you saying that Oleg DEVELOPED only what would fit on two CDs and still needed to complete the rest after the release date?

Because if senario one is true then why hasn't the content that was ommited since it wouldn't fit been released by now. If it was all done by the release date then put it on the web for download. It shouldn't need anymore Q/A since it was done but just didn't fit.

Now if senario two is true then I can understand that Oleg needs more dev time to come up with the content that was advertised on the box.

So which is it? In my opinion, if senario one is true then we are getting a raw deal since that code is sitting on a HDD somewhere. If two is true then I can understand. Although it is getting a little close to the time that all of this should be done.

Thanks!

Chuck_Older
03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

We have talked about this before, Colonel Tibbets

It is not MY argument. I though we had that cleared up.

It is very simple. Oleg Maddox's game company, 1C:Maddox Games, had more stuff intended for release in Pacific Fighters than was actually released.

The publishers told them "You have two CDs to work with". That means they could use two CD's worth of stuff, maximum, when PF was released.

I know that not everyone has a photographic memory, but we hashed this out about 6 weeks ago, you and I.

In that thread, you came up with numbered scenarios quite like what you have just posted.

I am not talking about a scenario. This is what happened. It's not my opinion or a guess.

I cannot imagine what is confusing you.

For example only:

Oleg has 1,000 MB worth of content. Say that 200 MB will go on a disc for argument's sake.

His publisher says that he can only use 400 MB worth of stuff. That's two discs.

Now Oleg must choose which 400 MB gets on the two PF CDs

I mean, we could do the apples in a basket thing, but I'm not trying to be insulting here, I just am shocked we're covering this ground again. I can't beleive you've forgotten...You also keep forgetting that whole campaigns based on aircraft that Oleg cannot by legal concern, release

You also keep asking me about this as if I work for Oleg and know why things haven't gone smoothly. I don't know why...but I can say that since the Law told him he can't use certain planes, that those planes won't be released. I also can see the situation in which what Oleg released isn't as cut and dried as just choosing enough stuff, it's a case of what will fit and be complete without other things, for example, if a map existed for Betty campaigns and wasn't used much in any others, why release it when the Betty isn't in the sim yet?

I had thought that we had talked this out almost two months ago

Col_Tibbetts
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
HE HE... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Of course I remember silly. I just thought that a recap would be nice for this thread.

But you keep stopping at the same place in your example that you always have.

OK. So Oleg has 1000MB of completed content. Big bad Ubi comes along and says that he can release only 400MB. That means that there is 600MB of completed content sitting on a HDD somewhere.

Now lets continue from where you left off...

Lets say that 200MB of that 600MB is bottled up in legal issues. That leaves 400MB of content that is finished and releasable. He could pick things from that to release to us today and placate all the whiners here for a while. I am sure there are no legal issues surrounding the Kate. If that is done release it. You can't blame people for being a little skeptical when the "its all done, we just couldn't release it all on two disks" story doesn't pass the smell test.

The point that I am trying to impress is that Oleg has let us down by cutting off the communication link he has built over the years. We no longer get weekly dev updates, we no longer get his occasional posts where he would talk about upcoming patch events, we just get rumors and stories.

In that example we just went through if he would let us know what is finished in that 600MB of content that wouldn't fit on two CDs we would all be filled with a lot of hope. According to the box the acclaimed Betty everyone is wanting is somewhere in that 600MB. If it was done why hasn't it been released by now? Get the point? Thats why people are upset.

Oh, and I treat you like an authority on Oleg because you act like an authority on Oleg (and everything else for that matter!).

Cheers!

Col_Tibbetts

Sharkey888
03-11-2005, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:

I don't know why...but I can say that since the Law told him he can't use certain planes, that those planes won't be released. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If $ changed hands to pay for the licenses add the darn Avenger interior and Hornet CV.

But you really need the Betty's interior, the Kate's interior, the interior/exterior of the Devastator, an IJA bomber, an IJN & USN BB and CA and Hornet Class CV and you'd squash alot of complaints from the PF "only" crowd.(boy that's quite a bit)

I have seen the Hornet, and a substandard Devastator and after a delay, the Betty interior but all the rest was probably not done or not done up to standards.

All this other stuff that we are getting is nice but this is the PF forum NOT FB/AEP/PF forum isn't it!!??

Col_Tibbetts
03-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Good point Sharkey.

If the legal situation unfolds to where Oleg or whoever needs to pay a fee for the Avenger image that is already in there then Oleg or whoever has no excuse not to finish the Avenger. The fee has been paid so Oleg can finish it. Simple.

In fact I do not see how Oleg can get away with not paying a license if Northrup/Grumman forces the issue. The Avenger is already there and the damage has already been done.

It's not like licensing law is brand new and what is in PF is "grandfathered in".

I think some of Oleg's "truth simulations" are starting to unravel. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Sharkey888
03-11-2005, 02:14 PM
It seems that Ubi paid off Northrup , who took it from 1C.

I am sure there is no Avenger interior(somebody screwed up again).

But I don't know why the Kate's interior wasn't worked on but the Jill's was. There is info on both (I know from being a plastic modeler).

And the missing Devastator should really have been redone up to standards.

That leaves only the ships, for whatever reason nobody wanted to do. Maybe because the perception to the modelers that they aren't as "sexy" as the aircraft-I just don't know!!