PDA

View Full Version : Online Campaign to be hosted on HL

civildog
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I haven't seen anyone do this yet, so until I get the kinks worked out of our server I'm going to give it a try. It will also help me test how well my connection works under load.

The game has several online campaigns that work pretty well for infomal co-op play. Every Friday night starting with this one (6/24) at 2100 PST I'll host an open campaign. The first mission will launch at 2110. A minimum of 3 missions each Friday will be hosted until it ends.

I'll start with the Kuban campaign and allow for up to 12 planes per side. Host's Choice, full switches on but minimap and speedbar will be on. No icons and locked cockpits. Skins are allowed unless it starts to mess it all up. I'd really like to have players use custom ones, though, particulary if they have squad skins and will show up regularly.

No stats will be kept, sorry, but I'll have it set on Dead is Dead so everyone can see who stays alive and racks up kills the longest. As much as I'd like to, I have neither the time, nor the resources to keep track of a long-term managed campaign game. We just want to get some sort of regular co-ops goings in our timezone. Nothing fancy yet.

As soons as I get a new router TS will be available but for now I have the address of a public server my squad uses regularly.

Any suggestions are welcome. Later on we will host regular co-ops on Fridays night which will feature Eastern Front battles with historically correct orders of battle and scaled small enough to make custom skin use (hopefully) possible.

The planes for this first campaign will be:
(VVS) P-39N-1, La-5, IL2 Type 3
(LW) 109 G-2 (it's the only one they allow), and either the Stuka, 110, or He-111

Achilles_NZ
06-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun.
How many available slots will there be, and is it going to be first come first served?
I would like to join you, but being on 56k dial up, and poor system specs would most likely screw it for everyone else.

Good luck with it anyway mate, hope it works out for you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

civildog
06-22-2005, 01:24 AM
There will be at least 24 slots available, more if you count the gunner positions. My squad will take up 4 of the VVS slots and all the rest are first come first served.

Feel free to give it a try and see how your connection works out. The more the merrier.

Yskonyn23
06-22-2005, 02:18 AM
I would like to check this out, though I think I might have a problem with the timezone.
I will 'have a sharp lookout' though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Freelancer-1
06-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Should be a nice change from the DF servers.

I'm in.

Freelancer

JG7_Rall
06-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Wow, this sounds awesome....

any chance of starting earlier in the war however? I'd like to see some Emil vs I-16 action http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

civildog
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
JG7_Rall -

If everything works out as well as I hope, then I will host an early Lvov '41 campaign with Ishaks v Emils on Saturday nights at an earlier time. I love both of those planes. I'll see how this works out for a couple of Fridays first.

Starting with the Kuban campaign mean't we get to fly the two-seat IL2's and Cobras and that was the big deciding factor. Gotta love those big shturmoviks for beating on the Hun and flak-baiting.

civildog
06-22-2005, 01:33 PM
It looks like we will have a dedicated TeamSpeak server available soon and there will be channels available for both sides and multiple wings. I'll be looking into it further and make a decision on how to do it exactly this week.

I'll post the info on the server tomorrow evening and will have the info ready on Friday for those who don't get it here.

civildog
07-01-2005, 12:36 AM
The campaigns launched last week went really well, but there's room for more pilots on both sides.

Friday will be the Kuban River '43. Cobras, La-5's, Il2 Type 3 vs. G-2's and assorted bombers (moslty Heinkels). Launching the first of 3 missions (at least) at 2300 PST.

Saturday will be the Lvov '41 campaign...I-153, I-16 vs. Emils, Stukas, and 110's.

Teamspeak with independant channels will be available.