PDA

View Full Version : Track IR and FSAutoStart

EmKen
11-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Just got TIR v4. RTFM, installed, hit FSAutoStart, got PF up and running, got the kids round to show them how cool was dad's new toy (which they could borrow for their Doom etc FPS's once I had collapsed with exhaustion after a SERIOUS PF session). Disaster!! Occaisional juddery movements, but none of the sweet panning that I saw on the promotional video. Kids laugh at dad, not just because it is the first time they have ever seen him wearing a base ball cap, but because the much trumpeted birthday\christmas present was a dog.
Mucked about with screen resolutions, colour depth, Riva Tuner settings etc with no luck and gave up for the night.
Sat down tonight, fired up PF without using FSAutoStart and it worked a dream. What am I stopping with FSAutoStart that screws Track IR?

BuzZz_WG
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
My guess is that FSautostart shuts something down that makes the TrackIR go into relative mode, not enhanced mode (I don't exactly remember the names). If it shuts the TrackIR down altogether, you wouldn't have any movement at all.

Or you just didn't have your cap right in front of the "eye'. If you don't have the TrackHat, you could try to make the dot larger by placing another reflector next to the other one.

han freak solo
11-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Did you figure it out, EmKen?

I only have a TrackIr2, and I don't see what services are specifically used and possibly stopped for Natural Point.

Keep us updated.

stathem
11-27-2005, 01:59 PM
You might want to look at how FSAutostart prioritises your proccessor loadout - I tried it once and had a similar thing, and thought that might be it, but didn't look into it any futher, since I rarely play offline.

polak5
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Did it act up on u more than once? does it work fine now?
Also were u siting on the same chair and distance from ur pc from when it wasent working right?
keep us posted this is weird..

bogusheadbox
11-28-2005, 06:53 AM
I have just recently started using FSautostart as well. I selected all the recommendations to stop and reestart and find that when i am at ground level that i get frequent and tiny stutters.

I actually find that the game runs flawlessly without FSautostart.

My only conlusion is that one of the processes recommended for shutting down decreases the performance of my computer.

Still playing around with it so will hopefully find out what is going on.