PDA

View Full Version : Hat switch inputs

Macka-
05-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I've tried and tried, but I can't seem to program in one of the 3/4 views on my hat. It won't pick up the instruction 'look front left' on the controls. Is there another way of adding this setting and if so, what instruction do I program in to the configeration files?

major_setback
05-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Macka-:
I've tried and tried, but I can't seem to program in one of the 3/4 views on my hat. It won't pick up the instruction 'look front left' on the controls. Is there another way of adding this setting and if so, what instruction do I program in to the configeration files?

Yes, they can be very fiddely!!

(I am assuming you had the same problem as I did where certain positions on the hat-switch just won't set).

I use a MS Sidewinder FF2. I Set the hat-switch in the Recorder section in the JOYSTICKS setup in the joystick cotrol panel.

I mapped the 'up-right' position of the hat-switch to 'keypad 9' and 'up-left' to 'keypad 7' the other views were't so difficult to set.

You then have to (in the game controls) set the 'up-left' to 'keypad 7'.

And you will still have to set the hat-switch every time for 'new pilot/campaigns etc. but it's a lot easier this way.

Also if you start a new campaign after just starting-up PF/FB you have to map all of the control settings, but if you go to an existing campaign first, and start off a misssion (you don't have to complete it) the controls settings you've had in the first campaign will be applied to a subsequently started campaign. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Edit: (The last bit) Sorry I think I might be confusing this with difficlty settings!!!

FoolTrottel
05-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Yep, I recognize the problem!

Have had it myself, and I've solved it by editing the Settings.ini file (In the Users\<pilot>\ folder)

Well, that was before I had TIR, now I use the switch for other things, so I can't show you my settings.ini...
Wait, I found an old backup....
Here's an example of the relevant parts, but don't copy/paste it!
Compare it, and edit in yer settings.ini file!
(Mainly the Pov135, 225, 45, 315)

[HotKey SnapView]
Pov90 JoystickPov4=Snap_2_0
Pov135 JoystickPov4=Snap_3_0
Pov180 JoystickPov4=Snap_0_m1
Pov225 JoystickPov4=Snap_m3_0
Pov270 JoystickPov4=Snap_m2_0
Pov315 JoystickPov4=Snap_m1_0
Pov0 JoystickPov4=Snap_0_2
Pov45 JoystickPov4=Snap_1_0

[HotKey PanView]
Pov90 JoystickPov4=PanRight2
Pov135 JoystickPov4=PanRight3
Pov180 JoystickPov4=PanDown
Pov225 JoystickPov4=PanLeft3
Pov270 JoystickPov4=PanLeft2
Pov315 JoystickPov4=PanLeft
Pov0 JoystickPov4=PanUp
Pov45 JoystickPov4=PanRight

Have Fun!

Macka-
05-08-2005, 06:16 PM
thank you that worked! Appreciated everyone's help. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

horseback
05-08-2005, 07:04 PM
One other trick for the hat user that comes in very handy--Assign a button to Look Up that you can press at the same time as you manipulate your POV hat; it will raise your line of sight 45 degrees in the direction selected. I've found it very handy in dogfights.

In my case, I use the POV hat on my throttle to look around, and have a pinkie button assigned to Look Up. Now I can keep an eye on that SOB trying to sneak inside my turns.

cheers

horseback