PDA

View Full Version : Things That Annoy You

xCr0wnedNorris
07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey there guys n' gals, this is a thread where we can post the little things in or about the Assassin's Creed franchise that gets on our nerves. This thread is for the single player aspects of the franchise only. If you have any grievances against the multiplayer, please post it in the appropriate Forum.

I guess I'll start off.

It bugs me whenever I play RDR then hop on Brotherhood and blow an Arrow Storm on one guard when I'm trying to switch weapons.

Chamboozer
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
When I open the map in 1501 and see modern day Europe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

breedlove94
07-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I hate the code wheels in the Subject 16 puzzles, especially the one in ACII that used the Sumerian alphabet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
I also have a cruddy standard def tv so it was difficult to find the clues in the pictures for the code wheel.

breedlove94
07-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Also I hate it that I can't wear the clothing and capes I bought when I wear the Armor of Altair and the Armor of Brutus.
And on the subject of outfits I hate that I can't see the hidden blades when I put on the Raiden "outfit".

LightRey
07-14-2011, 03:11 PM
when I try to jump over a gap and instead jump right next to where I wanted to land which causes me to fall.

celessie
07-14-2011, 03:11 PM
The 'lock' system. Its kind of annoying when it switches to a different target if you move your camera slightly, or when chasing a someone and you pass a Hire group which it focuses on instead, so the camera swings all the way round behind you.

Also, when a civilian starts pushing my horse around if I leave it in the middle of a street. Don't push my horse! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif *assassinated*. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Moultonborough
07-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Chamboozer:
When I open the map in 1501 and see modern day Europe. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

That never occurred to me. The map for the recruits. What annoys me is having to press R2 pausing the fight to be able to change weapons.

Chewitt321
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
The beggars/musicians/ mentally ill people. Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the map because land masses don't change greatly over 500 years sutely?
Oh and that bloody contextual camera in the tombs or lairs etc.

Animuses
07-14-2011, 04:47 PM
It annoys when beggars throws rocks at you, but then use my hatred of them and kill them. I then become satisfied. Same goes for the mentally insane.

I also dislike the musicians in Brotherhood... they were out of place.

Originally posted by breedlove94:
I hate the code wheels in the Subject 16 puzzles, especially the one in ACII that used the Sumerian alphabet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

That was my favorite one.

Moultonborough
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Chewitt321:
The beggars/musicians/ mentally ill people. Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the map because land masses don't change greatly over 500 years sutely?
Oh and that bloody contextual camera in the tombs or lairs etc.

It's not the land that's the problem. It's the borders of the individual countries and cities.

Ureh
07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
For the flying machine sequence in AC2, I try to surpass my record of kicking 4 guards. But so far, I've only succeeded in watching that cinematic over and over again. "What the heck?! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!" Ugh...

For AC1 I try to approach the targets from the roof (just like in the screenshots) but forget that you can't jump/climb off the roofs after a certain point. The game just freezes your controls, but at the same time you can't get any closer to trigger the cutscene.

The last one for this post: I might just be seeing things, but Rebecca's appearance was altered in ACB (and Lucy was slightly changed too)! They looked better in AC2 imo.

GunnarGunderson
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Those jerks who run for a horse as soon as you get in a fight with them

Jakob4242
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM
That guards can't swim, because there armor's too heavy, but Ezio can carry multiple weapons and armor and still swim as well as an Olympic athlete.

L.Cie
07-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
It bugs me whenever I play RDR then hop on Brotherhood and blow an Arrow Storm on one guard when I'm trying to switch weapons.

Haha, I do that too.
When I first started Brotherhood, I'd just come off finishing RDR (I tend to usually play one game start to finish before moving onto another).
I kept trying to urge the horse faster only to have Ezio stand up in the saddle like a loon.
That, and some other RDR-to-Brotherhood transition issues that I had for most of the game, lol.

Zrvan
07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
There are so many petty annoyances that nip at my heels in these games.

Altair not having air-assassinations completely threw me off when I went back to AC1. I botched -- well, something every five minutes because I couldn't air-assassinate.

The (expletive deleted) rooftop guards. Can't sneak past them, can't bribe them, you HAVE to stop and kill them, or at least put a bolt in their neck, and about 33% of the time you get a notoriety increase for it, so you have to add 'rip down a poster' to your list of errands if you go ANYWHERE. And where are all the posters? Four meters off the bloody ground. It's just annoying. Annoying like, fly-buzzing-around-your-head annoying. You can't even escape this on horseback in ACB, because the guards take offense if you barrel through them on horseback. God I hate petty, annoying guard-related chores.

More than anything in the world, I want a 'ground now' button or list of commands. Some way to tell Ezio/Altair "Get off the roof or beam, go straight to street level, don't grab anything on the way, just go straight ****ing down, no I don't care if I take damage, YOU GROUND NOW!" I've flubbed so many missions because the 'let go' and the 'hold on for dear life' buttons are the same.

Whenever the parachute doesn't open.

When the flying machine stops moving forward for no apparent reason.

Whenever no one acknowledges that Shawn is being a completely unreasonable ****. Breaks my immersion in the game experience when I have to go 'wait, can no one actually hear him speak?'

Chamboozer
07-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I agree about Shawn, his character feels unrealistic.

Calvarok
07-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I agree about Shawn, his character feels unrealistic.

You think that sarcastic british history nerds are unrealistic.

What. Is. Wrong. With. You.

And to the guy above you, they were ignoring him because they were hard at work. Simple as that.

And everyone knows that Shaun is sometimes unreasonable. They just don't let it bother them.

Chamboozer
07-14-2011, 11:00 PM
It's not that he's sarcastic, but it's that being an ******* is his defining feature. No real person is ever in the same mood 100% of the time the way Shawn is.

Calvarok
07-14-2011, 11:13 PM
It's not that he's sarcastic, but it's that being an ******* is his defining feature. No real person is ever in the same mood 100% of the time the way Shawn is.

#1, it's Shaun, number 2, he's not always like that.

If you did all the Brotherhood conversations, or even the AC2 ones, he talks seriously, compassionately, excitedly, and embarassedly about some things. He's at his best when he's telling Desmond about history.

He's a cynical and sarcastic guy. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a total A-hole.

He's not so bad once you get to know him.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqaCaELaFFw

These are my favorite conversations with him.

Conniving_Eagle
07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
1. When I'm running directly forward near the edge of a building and Ezio decides to do a leap of faith.
2. When I try to get out of the water and guards always slash me down(AC2)
3. When archers would always detect me in high-profile and wouldn't die in 1 throwing knife(venetian archers and again, AC2)
4. When I become detected and desynched after killing a guard even though he could barely react.
5. When I'm free-running, in a race, or in a hurry to get somewhere, and I end up with an army of archers on my tail.
6. Kill-chains.

LightRey
07-15-2011, 01:28 AM
The Kingdom

samward
07-15-2011, 04:07 AM
I think the worst one for me is that the sprint button is also the climb button, so when you are chasing a target, or running away from guards, if you come near a wall, you will find your self trying climb up the wall while you target gets further away...or pursuers get closer...very annoying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

samward
07-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chamboozer:

#1, it's Shaun, number 2, he's not always like that.

If you did all the Brotherhood conversations, or even the AC2 ones, he talks seriously, compassionately, excitedly, and embarassedly about some things. He's at his best when he's telling Desmond about history.

He's a cynical and sarcastic guy. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a total A-hole.

He's not so bad once you get to know him.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqaCaELaFFw

These are my favorite conversations with him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I agree, Brotherhood does really let us experience more aspects of him...personally, other then Desmond, he is my favorite modern character!

SlimeDynamiteD
07-15-2011, 04:10 AM
I always hate it when I try to jump on a ledge and Ezio or Alta´r jumps off of the building...

<span class="ev_code_RED">OMNOMNOMNOM.</span>

LightRey
07-15-2011, 05:07 AM
In Brotherhood, when I try to counter some guy and halfway through the counter Ezio suddenly stops and it ends my kill streak.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Having guards throw 20 billion rocks at me when I'm free running.

may.day
07-16-2011, 02:07 AM
The way the basic combat works out for AC 2 and brotherhood annoys me very much, the original assassins creed had your sword actually strike the enemies sword when they blocked and looked much more realistic not to mention the camera angle changes were fluid and well placed and made the combat look very smooth and nice looking. While i do know many people found AC 1 to be just button mashing I thought it looked really great and was fun to watch, while the other asssassins creed look more like Ezio is just slashing away at the guards as they pathetically stand there. I love all the weapon additions and such but the basic combat has always bugged me since playing AC 1.

Calvarok
07-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by may.day:
The way the basic combat works out for AC 2 and brotherhood annoys me very much, the original assassins creed had your sword actually strike the enemies sword when they blocked and looked much more realistic not to mention the camera angle changes were fluid and well placed and made the combat look very smooth and nice looking. While i do know many people found AC 1 to be just button mashing I thought it looked really great and was fun to watch, while the other asssassins creed look more like Ezio is just slashing away at the guards as they pathetically stand there. I love all the weapon additions and such but the basic combat has always bugged me since playing AC 1.
If you pay attention, when Ezio is just wailing on guards, they're actually blocking his attacks, but just barely. This happens only if the enemy is low-level, or has had their guard broken by dodging them, or kicking them. Agiles cannot have their block broken by a kick unless you're really lucky. The combat could use some work, and a difficulty boost, but it has far more depth than the AC1 combat. And I never liked the way that looked, expecially since only 1 guard could attack at a time, and you were invincible while in counters, unlike brotherhood, which led to lots of clipping.

thedeadman_47
07-16-2011, 05:30 AM
easy AI even when playing against the hardest enemy type (ex: papal gaurds) and in racing seq wjhen just miss that point and takes forever to get to the next check point

LightRey
07-16-2011, 09:43 AM
drunk/crazy people in AC1. Really one of the greatest flaws in the game.

Animuses
07-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by may.day:
I thought it looked really great and was fun to watch

It has to be fun to play.

k20ml
07-16-2011, 07:29 PM
The inability to "tic-tac." Kinda ruins a long free flowing run when you know you have to jump and then hang on for a couple of seconds before you pull yourself up.

iN3krO
07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
pressing High Profile to get off of roofs is not anymore permitted.

Stupid (or none) AI

Notorious of Ac2/B

Many too much unrealistic features

Feel brainless while playing

xCr0wnedNorris
07-16-2011, 10:51 PM
AC1 glitches like these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAxGDEzcHA). -.-

graffitimysoul
07-16-2011, 11:29 PM
AC1. Drunk people shoving me around the docks when I'm already trying not to fall in the water, and trying not to alert guards on the way to Sibrand. Although, I don't know if it was more annoying or terrifying.

LightRey
07-17-2011, 02:48 AM
AC1 glitches like these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAxGDEzcHA). -.-
Ah yes, AC1, when glitches were common and fixes were rare...
It seems like only yesterday that I fell off a building and landed inside the stairs in front of a door during the Maria/Robert assassination. Luckily countering some guard got me out.
...good times, good times.
...wait, that was yesterday.

CRUDFACE
07-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
In Brotherhood, when I try to counter some guy and halfway through the counter Ezio suddenly stops and it ends my kill streak.

And this is why my score doesn't get any higher... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

FiskMunk
07-18-2011, 03:03 AM
That throwing knives to the chest no longer kills a man.
Unless you spend two seconds "charging" them in AC:B :I

Also enemy AI.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that everyone shouts something in response to when you friggin' sneeze. It's the most annoying thing of them all! I recently found out that muting the voices while just roaming the cities feels... Great, really. It's fantastic.

From the top of my head:

"I... I cannot do that."
"Most intruiging, but why not just walk?"
"I wish messer [Random Name] was here to see this."
"He'd better not start any trouble."
"God, please let me live! I promise to live a better life!"
"Damn fool is out of his mind!"
"Hehe, must've been drinking the good stuff."
"You'll die here!"
"He thinks he can beat us!"
"You're not supposed to be up here, leave."
"Why are you up here?"
"You're not allowed up here!"
"I'm allowed to kill anyone I find up here!"
"Hah! Nice try"
"Whatever I did to deserve this punishment, I'm sorry!"
"I'm only visiting, I don't know what's going on!"
"I want no part of this!"

And on and on and on and on... Who talks like that, everywhere, ALL THE TIME?!
Better yet, it's pretty much all said by the same three voices, or whatever :P

LightRey
07-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

And this is why my score doesn't get any higher... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe that if you hold the attack button during the counter you will always finish the counter. I just don't always do that :P

iN3krO
07-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by graffitimysoul:
AC1. Drunk people shoving me around the docks when I'm already trying not to fall in the water, and trying not to alert guards on the way to Sibrand. Although, I don't know if it was more annoying or terrifying.

It was more annoying for noobs that can't chose the best way to run away from drunks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I only felt into the watter once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ShaneO7K
07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by graffitimysoul:

It was more annoying for noobs that can't chose the best way to run away from drunks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I only felt into the watter once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Drunks and Beggars were too annoying, probably one of the main reasons I stick to the roof-tops most of the time.

There was a drunk at the funeral in Jerusalem at the end, and he was constantly pushing me while I was trying to blend in with the crowd.

k20ml
07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
So many viewpoints. Why can't we just buy a map and still retain SOME viewpoints?

LightRey
07-18-2011, 04:19 PM
The 3rd person view in narrow alleyways.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
That throwing knives to the chest no longer kills a man.
Unless you spend two seconds "charging" them in AC:B :I

Also enemy AI.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that everyone shouts something in response to when you friggin' sneeze. It's the most annoying thing of them all! I recently found out that muting the voices while just roaming the cities feels... Great, really. It's fantastic.

From the top of my head:

"I... I cannot do that."
"Most intruiging, but why not just walk?"
"I wish messer [Random Name] was here to see this."
"He'd better not start any trouble."
"God, please let me live! I promise to live a better life!"
"Damn fool is out of his mind!"
"Hehe, must've been drinking the good stuff."
"You'll die here!"
"He thinks he can beat us!"
"You're not supposed to be up here, leave."
"Why are you up here?"
"You're not allowed up here!"
"I'm allowed to kill anyone I find up here!"
"Hah! Nice try"
"Whatever I did to deserve this punishment, I'm sorry!"
"I'm only visiting, I don't know what's going on!"
"I want no part of this!"

And on and on and on and on... Who talks like that, everywhere, ALL THE TIME?!
Better yet, it's pretty much all said by the same three voices, or whatever :P

And my favorite:

"He must be late, and she must be beautiful."

iN3krO
07-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by graffitimysoul:

I only felt into the watter once http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Drunks and Beggars were too annoying, probably one of the main reasons I stick to the roof-tops most of the time.

There was a drunk at the funeral in Jerusalem at the end, and he was constantly pushing me while I was trying to blend in with the crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U want to make me believe there were not drunks in those times? and beggars? and what about them in itally? i'm sure there were also drunks and beggars but the game is changing from a good game to a noob game :X

LightRey
07-18-2011, 06:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

There was a drunk at the funeral in Jerusalem at the end, and he was constantly pushing me while I was trying to blend in with the crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

U want to make me believe there were not drunks in those times? and beggars? and what about them in itally? i'm sure there were also drunks and beggars but the game is changing from a good game to a noob game :X </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure drunk people don't shove assassins around every time one walks by.

iN3krO
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

U want to make me believe there were not drunks in those times? and beggars? and what about them in itally? i'm sure there were also drunks and beggars but the game is changing from a good game to a noob game :X </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure drunk people don't shove assassins around every time one walks by. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but that is a thing that ubisoft did to add challenge.... if they didn't do it the game would have been as boring as Ac2 and AcB...

xCr0wnedNorris
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM

but that is a thing that ubisoft did to add challenge.... if they didn't do it the game would have been as boring as Ac2 and AcB...

So Assassin's Creed 1 is fun because you have drunkards trying to physically abuse you? Interesting logic...

iN3krO
07-18-2011, 07:25 PM

So Assassin's Creed 1 is fun because you have drunkards trying to physically abuse you? Interesting logic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO NO NO.... it was just one of the factors that made playing it fun...

I have fun playing Ac1 but for ac2 and acB i can just see it that i have fun... Cuz when i'm playing ac2 and acB i feel brainless just as i feel when i'm seeing a movie...

There are many factors and those drunks was one of them.

CRUDFACE
07-18-2011, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

So Assassin's Creed 1 is fun because you have drunkards trying to physically abuse you? Interesting logic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have fun playing Ac1 but for ac2 and acB i can just see it that i have fun... Cuz when i'm playing ac2 and acB i feel brainless just as i feel when i'm seeing a movie...

There are many factors and those drunks was one of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they replace the drunks with beggars and minstrels in AC2 and up.Scratch that, AC1 had those annoying old ladies, but how are the beggars and drunks that much more different than what we have in ACB now? Still, I wished they learned not to mess with me by the time I beat the crap out of like thirty of them.

To me, personally, AC1 had two things that I liked: difficulty of combat, which I'm going to stop mentioning because I'm spouting it like every ten posts and bad guys who embodied the templar ideal: Good goals, bad way to reach them. I'm going to make a thread on that...some day...

Dagio12
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

NO, there was absolutely nothing "fun" about those annoying beggers and drunks. Nor was it necessarily "challenging." They just got in the way.. a few of them here and there could have been ok... but they became more of a pain in the butt then anything else. IMO they were just in there as cheap and artificial obstacles to try and provide some variety and life to the cities and to give you something to watch out for. AC2 and brohood had things similar to the ladies and drunks.. they just werent as annoying... but more "fun".... NO, sorry. You must seriously be running of things to complain about for AC2 and ACB if youre bringing this into the mix.. lol.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by SF2themax:

NO, there was absolutely nothing "fun" about those annoying beggers and drunks. Nor was it necessarily "challenging." They just got in the way.. a few of them here and there could have been ok... but they became more of a pain in the butt then anything else. IMO they were just in there as cheap and artificial obstacles to try and provide some variety and life to the cities and to give you something to watch out for. AC2 and brohood had things similar to the ladies and drunks.. they just werent as annoying... but more "fun".... NO, sorry. You must seriously be running of things to complain about for AC2 and ACB if youre bringing this into the mix.. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, the beggars were completely removed btw. They were replaced by the minstrels (which were so much more funny really). And all the drunks do in ACII (not sure if they're even there in ACB) is sit in a corner being drunk, as it's friggin supposed to be. But really the last thing the drunks/crazy ppl in AC1 were was a 'clever' gameplay element. Especially if they shoved you right after a cutscene before an assassination.

Jakob4242
07-19-2011, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

NO, there was absolutely nothing "fun" about those annoying beggers and drunks. Nor was it necessarily "challenging." They just got in the way.. a few of them here and there could have been ok... but they became more of a pain in the butt then anything else. IMO they were just in there as cheap and artificial obstacles to try and provide some variety and life to the cities and to give you something to watch out for. AC2 and brohood had things similar to the ladies and drunks.. they just werent as annoying... but more "fun".... NO, sorry. You must seriously be running of things to complain about for AC2 and ACB if youre bringing this into the mix.. lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, the beggars were completely removed btw. They were replaced by the minstrels (which were so much more funny really). And all the drunks do in ACII (not sure if they're even there in ACB) is sit in a corner being drunk, as it's friggin supposed to be. But really the last thing the drunks/crazy ppl in AC1 were was a 'clever' gameplay element. Especially if they shoved you right after a cutscene before an assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are beggars in ACB until Ezio renovates a section of the city that they are located in, and then they are replaced with Minstrels.

The Drunks/crazies did add a certain difficulty in AC1. Namely the Guard Captains that walk around with other regular guard can notice Altair as an Assassin unless blending. If the drunks/crazies push you while blending the guards will be alerted to Altair's presence. This did require a little timing to get past the drunks/crazies (what are they actually called?) without being spotted, but they are really annoying. Although it is fun throwing them around.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Jakob4242:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

yeah, the beggars were completely removed btw. They were replaced by the minstrels (which were so much more funny really). And all the drunks do in ACII (not sure if they're even there in ACB) is sit in a corner being drunk, as it's friggin supposed to be. But really the last thing the drunks/crazy ppl in AC1 were was a 'clever' gameplay element. Especially if they shoved you right after a cutscene before an assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are beggars in ACB until Ezio renovates a section of the city that they are located in, and then they are replaced with Minstrels.

The Drunks/crazies did add a certain difficulty in AC1. Namely the Guard Captains that walk around with other regular guard can notice Altair as an Assassin unless blending. If the drunks/crazies push you while blending the guards will be alerted to Altair's presence. This did require a little timing to get past the drunks/crazies (what are they actually called?) without being spotted, but they are really annoying. Although it is fun throwing them around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh yeah that's right. I forgot about those.
they do add some difficulty yeah, but it was just so unrealistic and often they'd push you on moments you couldn't prepare for, completely wrecking all your plans.

Black_Widow9
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Please stop with the Quote Pyramids...

LightRey
07-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Please stop with the Quote Pyramids...
sorry. It's just kind of hard to avoid them without having to click more than a single button if you want to reply to a specific post and there's either already been a new reply since or if you take a long time posting something new and don't want to risk that happening while writing it.

Ureh
07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
There are drunkards in ACB but only in poor parts of Rome that haven't been renovated. One of the downsides to the civilian AI (for AC2 and ACB) is shown here. They're clearly drunk, have slurred speech and can bearly stand but when they see Ezio doing anything high profile they immediately become sober. Same goes for musicians, flower girls, acrobats, dancing couples, chatters leaning on walls, beggars, etc.

The drunks/crazies in AC1 provided some decent challenge and I hope they make a return. You had to keep them in mind when moving in and out of an area. But even without scanning the area first, they're easy to avoid.

Other than asthetic differences (voice, skin, and arm gestures), I felt that the minstrels (from AC2/B) and beggars (AC1) were identical in function and that is to follow and stand in front of you. Except this time you have money to easily get rid of them.

Alpha Ender
07-20-2011, 03:14 PM
When you're trying to go back towards the Animus 2.0, running away from the computer, and it keeps logging you back in because you're holding down R1.

When you're trying to do a thief race and the guards won't leave you alone.

When your hired people (Assassins, mercenaries, doesn't matter) hit you in combat and screw up your chain.

When you jump off the top of the Castello, and then realize you didn't buy more parachutes.

When you do a hand-to-hand kill, but in the middle of it, another guard pushes you, and then they all attack before you can get your weapon out.

That thieves, courtesans, and civilians with clothes only can't survive falling in water, but Ezio with plate armor can.

When you're holding for an arrow storm, accidentally let go too soon and lose full synch because they didn't kill everyone at once.

When a Papal guard shoots you.

Stowdace
07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
When you jump off the top of the Castello, and then realize you didn't buy more parachutes.

This actually sounds funny when it happens to someone else.

Sometimes I'd lose a "Follow" mission(You know, when you need to follow an NPC to a certain spot), and he'd die for falling off a building somehow.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-21-2011, 12:27 AM
When you're close to 100% synch on the tank mission and the power goes out for a nanosecond. -.-

LightRey
07-21-2011, 08:36 AM
That they never fixed the ACII DLC sound glitches.