PDA

View Full Version : Plot hole regarding Duccio?

Andy.Supernova
12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,
For all of those who played The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, I'm sure you remember the part where you *kill* Duccio. At least, you can hear a nasty sound when Ezio breaks his neck and falls dead, eyes wide open, no signs of life. BUT, in ACR he's still alive. Am I the only one who thinks this is a plot hole?

AntiChrist7
12-22-2011, 12:12 PM
more of a hole in your efforts: read the database entry in brotherhood, it says there he dies in 1520, 14 years after you kick his *** in rome, and 9 years after you kick his butt in constantinople

Andy.Supernova
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Please be polite, you sounded a bit rude there. Regardless of what the encyclopedia says, which I don't question at all, did you play the above mentioned mission?

Fristi61
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Wasn't the thing where you broke his neck just one of those counter/combo kill animations? I think Ezio just beat him up, but in your playthrough you happened to do a counter or combo animation that would, in real life, have certainly killed him. But that particular animation was probably not linked to that mission or the story directly.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken, ofcourse.

AntiChrist7
12-23-2011, 01:46 AM
did you even red my answer. i didnt say encyclopediae, i said database entry.

Andy.Supernova
12-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Specifically in that mission you beat Duccio's thugs but the part where Ezio kills Duccio is just a cinematic scene. After that, you can even grab his body like with any other dead guards.

SaintPerkele
12-23-2011, 04:55 PM
There's a simple rule in the AC universe: You won't kill someone when you use your fists against him. Even if you break his neck, kick his face or whatever - that's why everyone who was knocked out is still moving slightly. It was never implied in ACB that Duccio got killed; Ezio hit him on his temples (no, he did not break his neck) - if you do that correctly, it is enough to make someone unconscious. And that's what happened in the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Moreover, as somebody else said, the database entry in ACB confirmed that Duccio continued to exist. Long story short: No plot hole.

Razrback16
12-23-2011, 09:34 PM
He didn't kill Duccio in Rome, he just basically beat the snot out of him and that final hit just essentially knocked him out cold.