PDA

View Full Version : How many players online ???

Darth_Snoopy
11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just installed Hyperlobby, after reading that "everyone flies there" and I am shocked...there were only 41 people on line in Hyperlobby and 49 people on line in the Ubisoft skies. There must be other flying venues out there but how many people do you think are flying online at any given time? I love this game and if it's true that there are only a few hundred people playing then I would like to say a HUGE "Thank You" to the development team for their on-going support. I understand that flight sims are a small market compared to MMORPG or FPS or RTS but seriously, how many people do you think play this game on and off on a semi-regular basis?

VW-IceFire
11-21-2005, 10:08 PM
At present on HL there are 30 players in the lobby and 186 in-game. Keep in mind that its past midnight on a weeknight.

The weekends are more around 300 or 400 in-game and another 60 or 80 in the lobby.

In the heydays of things back before the summer we had 1000 people on HL (the limit was 1000) and we'd be getting server busy messages. The limit's been updated from that to something more I think...

I think we'll see more of that come February during the winter blahs. No reason to be outside so inside gaming.

Bearcat99
11-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I dont know where you are looking but right now as of 0021 on November 22 there are 171 in game and 37 online.... that is a total of 208 players on HL .... right now. There are other places but HL is the place to be.

On the weekends it will go into 4 digits...

Troll2k
11-21-2005, 10:44 PM
This past Sunday(11/20/05)there were over 1000 in the FB/PF lobby(HyperLobby supports other games and has rooms just for them).That was both chatting and in game combined.

Tully__
11-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Everyone flies there, but not in the PF room, that's for standalone PF only. The merged version runs in the IL2:Forgotten Battles room http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

P.S. It gets down to 50-70 online & flying some nights during the week in the Australian evenings (US midnight-dawn) but then the Russians & Eastern Europeans start getting out of bed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif