PDA

View Full Version : Can't repeat the story?

BloodyMoon1
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
So am I just to stupid to figure out how to repeat story events, or can it just not be done? (And don't tell me to start a new game, we all know that's not what I mean.)

The_Gunner678
11-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I Agree, the mission in Rome is so awesome and I really want to play that again.

EzioAssassin51
11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I think if you go on the start menu and then go DNA you can replay memory sequences but i haven't tried so i'm not all that sure!

BloodyMoon1
11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I think if you go on the start menu and then go DNA you can replay memory sequences but i haven't tried so i'm not all that sure!

Tried that, all you can do is get a description of what you did on those missions, but can't return to them.

DR-D00M
11-21-2009, 11:47 PM
You can't you have to replay the story.

BloodyMoon1
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by DR-D00M:

That's such BS >.>

They had such a good idea with it in number 1, I don't see why they'd take it out like that.

Losk_
11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DR-D00M:

That's such BS >.>

They had such a good idea with it in number 1, I don't see why they'd take it out like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I enjoyed the game so much, and was equally disappointed to find out afterwards that to play my favorite parts over requires a new game file. Especially since Patrice had mentioned in interview that they're making it easier to replay parts of the game.

I suppose its nice that we can have 3 games per profile now at least. I am hoping they will patch it into the game later...

killerpigeon70
11-22-2009, 12:17 AM
is there anyway we could possibly bring this to their attention, along with unequiping armor and weapons?
wheres atmon when you need him lol

Losk_
11-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Can always send him a PM, though Im sure he and others are reading the forums. (Game is awesome, good work!)

oricle
11-22-2009, 01:54 AM
yeah i was really disappointed to find out that you couldn't replay missions. if they cant do it in the dna file of the "animus desktop" then maybe put a personal journal on ezios desk? and are you able to buy weapons and store halberds and axes and other weapons? because Ive gone to every smith store ans there are only 4 hammers and about 5 swords and Ive bought them all and beat the game. i thought there were supposed to be a ton f weapons in this game.

Issence
11-22-2009, 02:39 AM
The Animus was defenitely messed up lol

thekyle0
11-22-2009, 11:01 AM
You can still replay side missions. Just cycle over to the far right and they're divided into sections like races, assassinations, and beat-ups. But I agree how lame it is that we can't repeat story missions. Especially because I liked the gameplay in the story missions a lot more than in the side missions.

This is a little off-topic, but when I first went back to replay story missions, I noticed that memory blocks 12 and 13 couldn't be accessed. You play 11 and then it skips right to 14. I understand that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">this is the part where they fast forward to the Rome mission</span>. Is this just to show that they skipped those blocks? It seems like a redundant detail.

oricle
11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
You can still replay side missions. Just cycle over to the far right and they're divided into sections like races, assassinations, and beat-ups. But I agree how lame it is that we can't repeat story missions. Especially because I liked the gameplay in the story missions a lot more than in the side missions.

This is a little off-topic, but when I first went back to replay story missions, I noticed that memory blocks 12 and 13 couldn't be accessed. You play 11 and then it skips right to 14. I understand that <span class="ev_code_WHITE">this is the part where they fast forward to the Rome mission</span>. Is this just to show that they skipped those blocks? It seems like a redundant detail.

im sure they plan to release this as dlc. i hate it when they do this. they really need to focus on being able to replay missions.

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
This is really frustrating. You would have thought that with how awful it was in AC1 that you couldn't 1) skip through cutscenes to instantly replay missions and 2) have more than one save slot to replay the game in sequence, that they would have wised up and figured out a better way to replay. But instead they just eliminate the ability to replay at all?

It's actually a bit amusing. You've got one of the most talented video game production houses in the business doing so many things right, but they can't figure out how to make a basic mechanic such as this more user friendly?

I understand that the concept is that you're not really using a main menu in a video game, you're using the Animus and thus subject to how it works. Maybe it's an artistic decision, but it's an artistic decision that makes the game less enjoyable.

EzioAssassin51
11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Like i said, wasn't sure about the DNA!

But that sucks! It was good about how in AC1 you could replay mission but you had to go through the cutscenes again! You should have been able to replay missions but be able to skip the cutscenes (Not like they were as long as AC1's cutscenes though! Thank God for that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)