PDA

View Full Version : expectations, expectations - part II

Hristo_
06-06-2005, 04:20 AM

F19_Orheim
06-06-2005, 04:33 AM
considering the stronger torque effect and new stall characteristics we have heard off I would say that this will affect the slower planes more than the faster ones, such as I-153, p11 and J8a... maybe especially the J8 because this was hard to stall alltogether in earlier versions.... but I am not saying it's a bad thing if this is the case.... if it is more "real" I am all for it.
We will just have to find out when 4.0 is out - just speculating...

WOLFMondo
06-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Dunno, not played the beta, generally ignoring all the posts made on forums about peoples opinions of the beta :P.

oh yeah..IBTL!

Jasko76
06-06-2005, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by F19_Orheim:
considering the stronger torque effect and new stall characteristics we have heard off I would say that this will affect the slower planes more than the faster ones, such as I-153, p11 and J8a... maybe especially the J8 because this was hard to stall alltogether in earlier versions.... but I am not saying it's a bad thing if this is the case.... if it is more "real" I am all for it.
We will just have to find out when 4.0 is out

I haven't tested it either, but I agree with you. It's logical if you think about it. I-153, I-16, J8A and P.11c will be a handfull at take-offs.

Monson74
06-06-2005, 04:56 AM
The fps! - not because of the new FM but because of the clouds - the clouds will force every little chip in your rig to its knees...

ploughman
06-06-2005, 05:02 AM
The 109 series. If the FM is going to become more realistic and, therefore, more difficult the 109s will become much more demanding of the pilot.

The 190s already require a higher level of skill than most other planes to get their best out of them and I think that while the new FM'll sort the boys from the girls 190 addicts will rise to any additional demands it makes.

PBNA-Boosher
06-06-2005, 05:05 AM
I resent the "boys from girls" expression, Ploughman, but I understand what you're saying.

For me I think the P-39 series may suffer the most, which is good, because the flight modelling for it has seemed off since the original IL2. I liked it before when any wrong maneuver would put you into a spin. You had to play your cards right, but once you learned to fly it, the P-39 dominated the skies.

gkll
06-06-2005, 11:12 PM
I fear for my beloved spit... so many complaints..... it started off a little odd, a La7 could out turn it in the earlier patches despite a considerable wing loading advantage to the spit. However with successive patches the La7 got toned down for turn and so did some other planes....thank you 1c.

However, despite that the spit was a brutal close in dogfighter in RL, very slippery, with an excellent climbrate, I still fear that the endless spit whining will result in a relative shift away from it.

I'd rather be a live noob in a spit than a dead, but righteous, (P47, 190, P38 etc) pilot. And if you don't Bnz then the above are death traps....

Zacast
06-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I would say the 109 series, especially the later models. The first plane I'm going to try out in 4.0 is a 109G-6 then a 109K-4 to see how they handle on take offs and landings.