PDA

View Full Version : The same weapons again?

ILLusioNaire
06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
So, I saw in one of the pictures for ACR that one of the guards is carrying the Milanese Sword, which is kinda whack. I was hoping for all new weapons. I mean, this is Constantinople here. They are hardly going to carry the same weapons in a different country.

ChaosxNetwork
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutionised (Excuse me that is the correct spelling!), especially in a few years.
There will be some new weapons but they will just be a name with different Power, Speed and Deflect stats.

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 09:33 AM
What do u want? them to use Altair's Sword? -.-''

thekyle0
06-03-2011, 09:44 AM
All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutioni<span class="ev_code_RED">z</span>ed The sword was developed differently within multiple cultures you're bound to find profound differences in design when you travel from one part of the world to another. Just examine the differences between a sword like the German messer langes and the Japanese katana. In ACR Ezio is going from Italy to the Ottoman capitol so at least a few additions and omissions should occur in the weaponry roster.

@ILLusioNaire
It could just be a place holder. There were a few new weapons in ACB but they weren't seen in any screen shots prior to launch.

logarithm64
06-03-2011, 09:46 AM
I can't really see why Alta´r's sword is used so much in this game- I was always under the impression that it was a common sword (unless Arabian metallurgy was really that much superior to that of Europe for it to merit its power)

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by logarithm64:
I can't really see why Alta´r's sword is used so much in this game- I was always under the impression that it was a common sword (unless Arabian metallurgy was really that much superior to that of Europe for it to merit its power)

Maybe altair's sword had something added by al-muhalim with the Apple http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Inorganic9_2
06-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutioni<span class="ev_code_RED">s</span>ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expect there to be ome Italian weapons too. Constantinople must have had quite a few Italians in if Ezio's going to be able to work around it anyway...unless he learns Turkish extremely quickly :s

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutioni<span class="ev_code_RED">s</span>ed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expect there to be ome Italian weapons too. Constantinople must have had quite a few Italians in if Ezio's going to be able to work around it anyway...unless he learns Turkish extremely quickly :s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you forget the apple?...

Inorganic9_2
06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
No. That's a bit of a cop-out/lame explanation for it though -_-

Besides: Ezio doesn't have the Apple...

scope2005
06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I would imagine there to be a mixture of themes in the weapons.

Ottoman solider's with European style weaponry doesn't make a whole lot of sense... Scimitars and such would be more fitting - although I am unsure how historically accurate that is.

Whereas I would imagine any Byzantine/Templar soliders to be carrying weapons not too different from what we have seen in previous games.

Thug-U
06-03-2011, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

I'd expect there to be ome Italian weapons too. Constantinople must have had quite a few Italians in if Ezio's going to be able to work around it anyway...unless he learns Turkish extremely quickly :s </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Maybe he speaks Latin to some of the Turkish people.

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM

He doesn't? Did i miss anything?

ShaneO7K
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

He doesn't? Did i miss anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> **SPOILER**

He places it in the temple under the Colosseum at the end of ACB, it's the one Desmond finds.

**SPOILER END**

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

He places it in the temple under the Colosseum at the end of ACB, it's the one Desmond finds.

**SPOILER END** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, i don't remember ezio doing it during the animus session o.o maybe i need to re-do acb? o.o

ShaneO7K
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Dude, i don't remember ezio doing it during the animus session o.o maybe i need to re-do acb? o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE> We see it through the Bleeding-Effect.

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Dude, i don't remember ezio doing it during the animus session o.o maybe i need to re-do acb? o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE> We see it through the Bleeding-Effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, but we are not sure which year it was so we can't predict if it was after or before constantinople action (same with monterrigoni bleeding effects)... remember desmond saying that ezio looks finished and old on his bleeding-effects visions so it should be after-AcR's ezio...

ShaneO7K
06-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Dude, i don't remember ezio doing it during the animus session o.o maybe i need to re-do acb? o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE> We see it through the Bleeding-Effect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, but we are not sure which year it was so we can't predict if it was after or before constantinople action (same with monterrigoni bleeding effects)... remember desmond saying that ezio looks finished and old on his bleeding-effects visions so it should be after-AcR's ezio... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Just looked back on it and it shows it through the sequences not bleeding effect, it comes right after Cesaere dies.

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 06:18 PM

ah, but we are not sure which year it was so we can't predict if it was after or before constantinople action (same with monterrigoni bleeding effects)... remember desmond saying that ezio looks finished and old on his bleeding-effects visions so it should be after-AcR's ezio... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Just looked back on it and it shows it through the sequences not bleeding effect, it comes right after Cesaere dies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, went in game and saw that...

You see? the game is so easy that i've only done it once and i've missed somethings....

thekyle0
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutioni<span class="ev_code_RED">s</span>ed The sword was developed differently within multiple cultures you're bound to find profound differences in design when you travel from one part of the world to another. Just examine the differences between a sword like the German messer langes and the Japanese katana. In ACR Ezio is going from Italy to the Ottoman capitol so at least a few additions and omissions should occur in the weaponry roster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expect there to be ome Italian weapons too. Constantinople must have had quite a few Italians in if Ezio's going to be able to work around it anyway...unless he learns Turkish extremely quickly :s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is true. I checked a few of my references on this time period and I found some historical support for Italian weapons existing in Istanbul/Constantinople. I learned that Venice was trading with the Ottomans at this time so there may have been some exchange of weapons. I also found that there was a high demand amongst the nobility in *Istanbul* (I just realized that this is technically the proper name for the city at this time) for Italian artists, architects, and engineers. As a matter of fact, Sultan Bejazit II was trying in 1502 and 1503 to buy the services of Leonardo Da Vinchi himself during his employment to the Borgias. So the presence of Italian language, weapons, and maybe even clothing is, in fact, historically justifiable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ChaosxNetwork
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All new weapons? A sword is a sword and it is not like it can be revolutioni<span class="ev_code_RED">z</span>ed The sword was developed differently within multiple cultures you're bound to find profound differences in design when you travel from one part of the world to another. Just examine the differences between a sword like the German messer langes and the Japanese katana. In ACR Ezio is going from Italy to the Ottoman capitol so at least a few additions and omissions should occur in the weaponry roster.

@ILLusioNaire
It could just be a place holder. There were a few new weapons in ACB but they weren't seen in any screen shots prior to launch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah I was being sarcastic about the spelling as the language is English yet the way Americans spell things is rubbish and I should not be told that my language is wrong.

Turkiye96
06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
YES! i was hoping they would change the swords ( but keep Altairs swords) maybe sabers :P and some cool ottoman and middleeaster weapons like katars