PDA

View Full Version : Which is better, ACII or ACB single player?

Arathar
12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey all. I'm currently working through ACII for the second time on PS3 and am really appreciating how much time and effort went into making it the amazing game that it is. The story, the theory behind the pieces of eden, everything just blows me away and is on such a scale above everything else i've played that I'm probably in love. The one thing that irks me is the locked save **** (Really? You feel like YOU need to control the save file of over 20 hours I MADE on MY SYSTEM with a game I BOUGHT for $60?)
but other then that I love it.

One thing worries me though. I'm getting Brotherhood on New Years, and I'm unsure where to set my expectations. Will it blow me away, is it better, bigger, badder then the current ACII I'm playing? Any opinions would be helpful, I'm just curious, but try to leave out spoilers.

DarthNavillus
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Yah Brotherhood is great, just to tell you it still has Ezio, Leonardo, Desmond and others, and continues the story of the Apple of Eden. The game takes place right after ACII when your talking to god.

spookier
12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
As far as plot revelations go, Brotherhood doesn't have QUITE the huge amount of large scale twists, probably as it's a direct sequel.
That said, it still manages to give a fantastic story with a decent amount of twists (subject 16 returns!) and the pacing of the main game is IMO much better. And the ending will not disappoint :P
So overall it's pretty damn awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

E-Zekiel
12-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Storywise, AC2 (mainly due to its length). Gameplay wise, AC:B.

TheRighteousOne
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Its close, but I'd have to lean towards AC2. They add a lot of cool stuff in brotherhood. Unfortunately between all the additions: streaks, weapon pairing, Assassins, the return of the blocker guys from AC1 and all the other cool stuff you can now do, its a cakewalk. And towards the end the pacing suddenly flies so you sorta feel weird breaking from the story to do anything you neglected to do earlier, like shop quests or guild challenges. There is a bunch of cool new things for you to do, but the game is far too easy now.

Fallz
12-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Brotherhood isnt as complicated as AC2. its much more of a straight forward plot with not much in terms of making the player think. Dont get me wrong, it still has those moments when you do stop and think and it does get u looking things up on the internet, but theres much less of it in Brotherhood. This is because they focused to much on the Multi player, making it as good as they could, and they kind of left the Campaign as the last thing on their to-do list. its much more of a multi player game now and i didn't get that feeling like i did when i completed AC2. the Multi player has flaws also, but mainly i think its a bit of a let-down on the campaign, Brotherhood is more of a game you'd play MP than SP, Ubisoft have made it into a game like Call Of duty or games which are like that. The campaign is short with added extras and the MP seems like it is basically what the game was made for. Overall i think ubisoft really need to review how they make a game like this IF they make a AC3/4, focusing on the Campaign more on the Multi player, because thats what every AC fan wants to play and find out what happens after.

KabouterPitta
12-14-2010, 08:07 AM
I agree, I bought brotherhood for the SP, and expected to blow away ACII. Well, I got disappointed... In ACII, you got a large variety of missions(think of protecting a boat, killing traitors, collecting costumes/information). In Brotherhood like half of the missions is to get to somebody without being noticed and to finish him off. SPOILER!!=>Also the missions with the apple in the and looked putted in just to do something with the apple...
I think they were so focussed on adding extra features(brotherhood,horses,borgia towers,streaks,etc) they forgot to pay attention to the basics... Which is a pity.

In my eyes ACII is by far the better of the two.