PDA

View Full Version : Damage models

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 04:24 PM
I wonder how these damage models actually work. I have been trying to demonstrate my skills of destruction to bombers, but I have got odd results. Ju-88 has a massive armor and firing the tail, or wings does not make much of sense. Even the 23 mm Yva cannons of IL-2I need several good hits to drop the plane. However, when flying with I-16 with both cannons and machine guns it is easy to demolish motors. Is the machine gun better against them, or is it more effective after some armor is blasted away with cannons?

Share your knowledge

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 04:24 PM
I wonder how these damage models actually work. I have been trying to demonstrate my skills of destruction to bombers, but I have got odd results. Ju-88 has a massive armor and firing the tail, or wings does not make much of sense. Even the 23 mm Yva cannons of IL-2I need several good hits to drop the plane. However, when flying with I-16 with both cannons and machine guns it is easy to demolish motors. Is the machine gun better against them, or is it more effective after some armor is blasted away with cannons?

Share your knowledge