PDA

View Full Version : a little ostfront help please!

Perrazi
03-28-2006, 02:22 PM
just got ostfront,loaded it up started playing the murmansk misions,but when i want a kurland mission, they are not there. neither side generates.the folders are in place,but nothing is in them. anyone have any ideas? thanks for any help rendered.

J_Weaver
03-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Are you up to date with the patches? if not then perhaps you don't have the Kurland map.

Perrazi
03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
i am patched up to 4.04m with FB,AEP,and PF. am sort of lost as to what to do next.

Perrazi
03-29-2006, 09:03 AM
also did the ian boys dgen upgrade,all to no avail.

csThor
03-29-2006, 09:55 AM
What exactly do you mean by "they're not there"? Aren't there any entries with the (KUR) prefix or does DGen just not generate a mission?

If the former is the problem you may have a screwed install of Ostfront. My advise is to re-install Ostfront to a temporary folder and then copy all the stuff from that temporary folder into the FB folder(s) by hand. That's the way I did it ...

If the latter is the problem does you PC beep once before returning to the main menu? In that case leave FB, go to the main folder where you've installed your Il-2 game into and look for files named DGenERROR.log ... This is a text file which can be opened by Notepad. It should tell us what exactly went wrong.

Perrazi
03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
csthor,thanks for replying. the dgen does not generate a mission,but the headings for them are there.the computer does not beep and don't see anything that says dgenerror.log. will try some of your ideas and reply later with outcome. thanks again.

csThor
03-30-2006, 09:07 AM
I read your other reply over at the Help Board and all I can say is you should uninstall Ostfront completely and then re-install it to a temporary folder somewhere on you PC (e.g. your desktop). It should contain everything necessary and when you copy all the contents of this temporary folder over into the Il-2 FB/PF main folder you should be able to get it working.

Perrazi
03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
csthor, thanks for the help. your suggestion seems to be working. wish i had found ostfront a long time ago. this is just excellent.again,thanks for the help.

csThor
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
NP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif