PDA

View Full Version : How do you provoke an inverted spin?

javierib
12-03-2004, 07:28 PM
I've tried, but i always end with a normal spin...

heywooood
12-03-2004, 07:31 PM
well what you do see, is get a normal spin in a headlock see, and then you say stuff about its mother...then you smack it one time...well thats how you proveke a normal spin anyways...I imagine you can provoke the other one the same way.

Kasdeya
12-04-2004, 12:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
well what you do see, is get a normal spin in a headlock see, and then you say stuff about its mother...then you smack it one time...well thats how you proveke a normal spin anyways...I imagine you can provoke the other one the same way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO thats great man ****.

AS for the inverted spin. try getting into a normal spin but upside down. simple but might work. try it at the top of a climb. I have done it but only twice while messing around offline. its easy to get out of an induced departure, but that inverted spin was hell to wiggle out from.

Matz0r
12-04-2004, 01:49 AM
You run out of speed and stall while upside down, I've been in one RL while attempting a hammerhead, scary stuff.

Fennec_P
12-04-2004, 02:05 AM
It does seem pretty hard to get into, and stay in, and inverted spin. I guess an airplane has an innate tendancy not to fall upside down.

The quickest way to an inverted spin seems to be:

Take a FW-190 (or something equally spin-happy). Firewall the throttle and set trim full nose down.

Zoom climb straight up. When speed falls off to nothing, push stick full forward-right (or left) and full rudder in the same direction.

If you hold that, you should eventually be spinning upside down.

To recover, it seems as simple as reseting trim, and centering the stick. At least, in the FW-190.

triggerhappyfin
12-04-2004, 04:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
well what you do see, is get a normal spin in a headlock see, and then you say stuff about its mother...then you smack it one time...well thats how you proveke a normal spin anyways...I imagine you can provoke the other one the same way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don´t try this! I´ve heard he could be quit violent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

javierib
12-04-2004, 12:50 PM
ok...thanks guys...I think i'll try in a FW190 as Fennec said...(I've been trying with a P39)

TX-EcoDragon
12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
With PF forward stick authority was reduced or the stall characteristic was removed/reduced in some other way. I have not yet flown the patches as I am out of town, but even in PF the 190 would still enter inverted spins (in AEP nearly all planes would, the p-39 was a champ in this regime) though not as accuratley as it had in v. 2.04. The easiest way to enter them is from an outside snap that you simply don't recover from until after the spin has developed. Here is the set up, try it in a 190 A5

on a 45 degree upline at about 275-330 kmh kick full left rudder and move teh stick quickly to the top right corner and hold this while at full power. This should give you a couple snaps and perhaps a tumble, and will stabilize in an inverted spin.

Hopefully the FM has restored this dynamic in PF after the recent patches.