PDA

View Full Version : AC2 - Unable to re-install game on new PC

jamesv1951
10-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Unbelievable. I bought this game some 6 months ago and played it OK. Subsequently took it off computer as I bought a new one.

Recently thought I would have another go at playing it. Tried to install by came up with CD Key already in use.

Could not remember usernae and password so went to Ubisoft Support.

After 5 weeks of hassle, I now have three Ubisoft account names, had to give two additional email addresses, gave them DVD key, guess what? - still the same CD error message

This is when trying to install with all past and present account(s).

Seems like I keep getting an automated response from Mandy at support with a couple of lines added giving me another account and asking for new email address.

Shame, Shame, Shame on you Ubisoft, I have now almost reverted to reloading my genuine bought (AUD$80) game and installing one of the various crack's available to play the game.

I won't do this at present as I wonder if Fair Trading Australia would be interested?

Anyone else have this problem? I read on the forums that Ubisoft can re-issue original account and email address but this has not been forthcoming in the last 5 weeks, notwithstanding my requests for this to happen.

As to my future gaming - ubisoft will be very low on list after this.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-25-2010, 08:42 PM
torrent download it lol justkidin

Razrback16
10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
I think I've only installed the game once on my system and haven't uninstalled it. Does anyone know if you are supposed to "deactivate" it in some manner before moving to a new system in the future, etc.?

caswallawn_2k7
10-26-2010, 06:49 AM
as long as you can remember your login you can install and uninstall the game as much as you want and still be able to play it.

if you forgot your login for the game and cant retrieve it (you obviously don't even remember the e-mail you signed up with) and this a problem caused entirely by carelessness on your part. if you need a login to use something you should remember it.

PuddingNL
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
You can install your version as many times as you want. The serial key is hooked up on your account. (Your login).