PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer always creates session

Project138
01-13-2011, 09:51 AM
First of all, I love the AC Brotherhood multiplayer. It is, hands down, one of the best online modes I've ever played. Unfortunately, I've suddenly gotten a very annoying problem. Every time I try to play a game, it creates a session rather than joining one and hardly anyone ever joins. This means that the game never starts and I'm left looking at the map screen forever. I've had the game for about two weeks, and while I had some problems getting into games at first, the multiplayer started working fine for me eventually. I'm currently a level 12 so I've played a decent amount of games without too many problems. But this problem has now persisted for several days and I can't figure out the problem. I should mention that I only play ranked matches, which I hear are the fastest. Any help would be appreciated.

obliviondoll
01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Try switching between player and ranked matches, and going for different game modes, because sometimes one mode will have very few players while others have lots.

If you try this and still aren't getting any matches, you might be getting connection issues to the Ubi servers - usually this will be an issue at your end, but the problem could be occurring anywhere between your computer and wherever the Ubi servers are based. Try the connection problems sticky, see if some of the suggestions there might help out - it's worked for some people.

Beyond that, check that there's no problem with your ISP that might be slowing down or interfering with your connection, run an online speedtest and make sure you don't have slow connection or high ping (either will be problematic for any online game).

Project138
01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll give your suggestions a go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The odd thing is that I'd literally played a game right before the problem started.

Project138
02-06-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm bumping this thread because this problem has persisted for some time now. I don't think the problem is to do with my connection as I was getting into games easily before and it just suddenly stopped letting me join games without warning. I'd played a few games and then it just happened. Is this problem permanent? I really want to play the multiplayer again but the game simply won't let me.

nik1226
02-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Also try activating differnt DLC
Somemight be playing ANIMUS PROJECT UPDATE 1.0

Project138
02-06-2011, 05:32 AM
I have both DLCs and I've tried toggling them and it doesn't make a difference. All my other games work fine online so I don't know what could be causing the problem.

obliviondoll
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
If you've checked the connection problems sticky already (sounds like you have), try contacting Ubi support.

Look to the sticky again - find any post by Mr_Shade - link to support is in his sig.

IIPok3rFaceII
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
exactly the same thing, never had any problem with looking for or joining sessions, wondered about those who complained about matchmaking. but from monday i have to wait for about a half of an hour to get in game, of course i always rematch. and yes, it always creates a session when you launch the search. looks like you play 99% when somebody joins your session, and 1% you barely join someone.
i'll try that sticky and support of course, just wanted to say ur not alone ^^