PDA

View Full Version : Action shots from "Spits vs 109's" server



Oilburner_TAW
11-20-2005, 09:50 AM
The mission: Bomb Germany industrial target
The weapon: B-25's with escort provided by Spitfires and Hurricanes
The enemy: Bf109's and multiple flak batteries

Four of us in B25's line up for take-off. Escort is in orbit at 12k ft waiting.
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il201.jpg

In formation, climbing towards target. Fighter sweep escort is above.
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il202.jpg

What happened?!? A 109 dives from the sun and in a single pass we have lost a plane!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il203.jpg

My tailgunner is ready!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il204.jpg

Here they come after me!! Where are our escorts!?! Off chasing something I suppose..
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il205.jpg

We are taking hits!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il206.jpg

Nothing too bad yet, hit him tailgunner!!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il207.jpg

No! A wing tank is on fire!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il208.jpg

It's the evil Herr Hetzer II!!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il209.jpg

Drop the bombs, maybe they will hit something! Bail!!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il210.jpg

Two brave crews continue to target. Bombs away!!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il211.jpg

The wolves return for more..
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il212.jpg

Achtung! Spitfire!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il213.jpg

Another bomber is hit!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il214.jpg

Definately won't make it back..time to bail!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il215.jpg

Everyone out!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il216.jpg

Good, they all made it!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il217.jpg

Maybe one of us will make it back?!?
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il218.jpg

The hunter is calculating...
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il219.jpg

Move in for the kill
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il220.jpg

The last bomber is hit!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il221.jpg

Fuel tank has exploded!
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il222.jpg

Will they get out?? Nobody knows....
http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il223.jpg

We flew the same sorty again but this time with a close escort of Hurricanes and Spitfires. We all made it back to base that time.

Xiolablu3
11-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Great shots! Reminds me of the missions on UKD1 when the team gets togther http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I love these mission based servers so much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pirschjaeger
11-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Very nice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Fritz

danjama
11-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Great shots! Reminds me of the missions on UKD1 when the team gets togther http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I love these mission based servers so much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I agre! Ukded is so much fun when u actually team up with people,same as any other server i spose when it goes well. Thats why i mostly fly coops.

Nice picture story mate, very cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Thanks for sharing. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Copperhead310th
11-20-2005, 11:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <span class="ev_code_RED">ooooo ahhhhhhh! loook at the pretty LASER CANNONS!!</span>

http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il218.jpg

Arm_slinger
11-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Check the link, Norton picks that up as a trojan horse

JtD
11-20-2005, 11:47 AM
While I do understand that it is quite some fun to fly in these formations I still wonder why they are so popular on this server. It is very easy to intercept these formations as they are very easy to spot and once you found them, you can keep pounding until noone is left. The other team just needs to report position plus alt and blast the bombers out of the sky. Escorts can be dealt with later.

Wouldn't it be useful to set up some kind of spearhead whose task it is to attract enemy CAP and drag 'em down? To detach a small or even large decoy force that enables the other pilots to get the target? Or a few fighters to secure air superiority over the target area?

And why on earth does everyone fly the route that is said in the briefing, i.e. the shortest route to target?

There so much possible with the nice missions on the server and the settings they use, yet players seem to be a bit reluctant to adopt flexible tactics.

Or maybe you do this and it just didn't happen when I had a go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Arm_slinger
11-20-2005, 11:56 AM
What cannon were the 109's using?

I've flown on that server a few times with my squad before now, and we always take a long route. It pays off as well! on one occasion we took a wide track around to the east, and turned cutting through Berlin at a couple of handred feet, passing under enemy fighters who flew on without noticting us. We got to the target area, the two I was escorting dropped their bombs and wiped out the target, game over for the blues http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
11-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Arm_slinger:
Check the link, Norton picks that up as a trojan horse

Junked it anyway. Still a lame comment by Copperhead.

p1ngu666
11-20-2005, 01:22 PM
why u pottling about at 75% throttle?
up that high u can have the throttles all the way open without overheat. so fly full throttle, dont hang about..

p1ngu666
11-20-2005, 01:23 PM
109s would be F series or g2, probably g2?

(two 7~mm, and 1 20mm or on f2 15mm)

Oilburner_TAW
11-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
why u pottling about at 75% throttle?
up that high u can have the throttles all the way open without overheat. so fly full throttle, dont hang about..

We had a wounded bird..trying to stay in formation for protection.

Oilburner_TAW
11-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JtD:
While I do understand that it is quite some fun to fly in these formations I still wonder why they are so popular on this server. It is very easy to intercept these formations as they are very easy to spot and once you found them, you can keep pounding until noone is left. The other team just needs to report position plus alt and blast the bombers out of the sky. Escorts can be dealt with later.

Wouldn't it be useful to set up some kind of spearhead whose task it is to attract enemy CAP and drag 'em down? To detach a small or even large decoy force that enables the other pilots to get the target? Or a few fighters to secure air superiority over the target area?

And why on earth does everyone fly the route that is said in the briefing, i.e. the shortest route to target?

There so much possible with the nice missions on the server and the settings they use, yet players seem to be a bit reluctant to adopt flexible tactics.

Or maybe you do this and it just didn't happen when I had a go. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The 2nd sortie we did take a long route and bombed the enemy airfield. Seeing 24 500lb bombs hit an airfield almost in unison is breathtaking..damit I didn't record the track though.

As far as trying to "sneak in", on this map it's pretty much impossible every time I've flown it. The blues always have a firm CAP over the city and since we are slow all it takes is one comment over TS or text and the horde approaches. What I have found key to success is close escort who is focused on protection, not dogfighting.

Chadburn
11-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice crop job. The original shot shows the 109 about 150 meters or less behind the B-17 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif


Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <span class="ev_code_RED">ooooo ahhhhhhh! loook at the pretty LASER CANNONS!!</span>

http://www.rapidgamer.com/images/oilburner/il2/il218.jpg

Chadburn
11-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
109s would be F series or g2, probably g2?

(two 7~mm, and 1 20mm or on f2 15mm)

G2 judging from rear wheel and canopy.

p1ngu666
11-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Oilburner_TAW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
why u pottling about at 75% throttle?
up that high u can have the throttles all the way open without overheat. so fly full throttle, dont hang about..

We had a wounded bird..trying to stay in formation for protection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah fair enuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Copperhead310th
11-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Chadburn:
Nice crop job. The original shot shows the 109 about 150 meters or less behind the B-17 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <span class="ev_code_RED">ooooo ahhhhhhh! loook at the pretty LASER CANNONS!!</span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifoh i didn't crop it man. the forum did that. i just used the original link & reposted the pic. Unintentionally off center. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I like the Spits-109's server. Chicago Chad makes some dam fine missions, & they run a very nice server over there. My only to dislikes with the server are the icon settings & not enough JUG. ;-) But i do pop in over there from time to time. good guys over there.

Still. i do like the pretty blue & reds lights.
kinda reminds me of one of these.....
http://users.pandora.be/bert.dujardin/Pictures/Phantasy/TIE_Fighter_01.jpg