PDA

View Full Version : I see this as strange...

Eldude95
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm a little surprised that the Russian jets only have cannons no tanks no bombs nothin.
From what I understand the MiG 9 didn't enter service till late 1946. Whitch means in the hypothetical world of 46 you would think the Yak makers would try to increase armerment and range. I really just think someone would have sooner or later put something like bombs tanks or more cannons so oleg can you put these on the jets.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I am the Super Sabre if you hate it your an idiot

S!

After the war if I could have tought my F6F to cook I'd have married it.

Eldude95
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm a little surprised that the Russian jets only have cannons no tanks no bombs nothin.
From what I understand the MiG 9 didn't enter service till late 1946. Whitch means in the hypothetical world of 46 you would think the Yak makers would try to increase armerment and range. I really just think someone would have sooner or later put something like bombs tanks or more cannons so oleg can you put these on the jets.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

I am the Super Sabre if you hate it your an idiot

S!

After the war if I could have tought my F6F to cook I'd have married it.

Snootles
01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Perhaps the Russians didn't feel at the time that jets were suitable for ground attack, and thought the Il-10 could handle the job just fine.

In any case, it is historically true that neither the MiG-9 nor Yak-15 originally carried any external ordnance or drop tanks. 235-litre tip tanks were fitted to MiG-9's from October 1947 on, but the Yak-15 never got any. The later Yak-17, however, was designed for 300-lit tanks, but the prototype didn't fly until summer '47.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Theory is when you know everything, and nothing works.
Practice is when everything works and no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and no one knows why."
-Lockheed Martin's F-35 JSF computer middleware presentation

Philipscdrw
01-20-2007, 09:15 AM
The expression "your an idiot" in your sig makes me laugh<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
PhilipsCDRw

Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer