PDA

View Full Version : Swimming?



ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
I once saw a harbor, as shown here.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/Assassins%20Creed/AssassinsCreed-Screenshot3700x560.jpg
I'm not sure if this screenshot is fake or not, but I was wondering if Altair can swim in water. If he can climb anything sticking out at least two inches, then I'm sure he can swim. Although I don't see why he would want to jump in water anyway. Maybe if he has to hide from some people, he'll have no choice but to jump in the water...

It'll suck if he has the inhibitions of a cat http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-027.gif

deskpe
06-15-2007, 09:29 AM
that is a picture is conseptart,, so its not really a screenshot, but i hope he can swim, that makes sence.. how wants to do a jack sparrow head dive?

anyways it looks like the harbour is made so you can walk to all the places...

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by deskpe:
that is a picture is conseptart,, so its not really a screenshot, but i hope he can swim, that makes sence.. how wants to do a jack sparrow head dive?

anyways it looks like the harbour is made so you can walk to all the places...
Hmmm...maybe you're right. We'll just have to wait and see...

Ubi_Rickas
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Interesting thought though. There has been no mention of any sort of water based environment really.

moqqy
06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Ubi_Rickas:
Interesting thought though. There has been no mention of any sort of water based environment really.

indeed, no mention about swimming. can't really think why you would want to swim though..

but that harbor is going to be in the game since its in concept art and it's most probably from acre

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
can't really think why you would want to swim though...

I'm thinking it could be another hideout if he has no other place to go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
can't really think why you would want to swim though...

I'm thinking it could be another hideout if he has no other place to go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah, that could maybe be cool, but the concept art looks like it has walls all around the docks and only like one passage so not really that good, depends about the situation. but it would be cool to have swimming, if not, then i wouldn't miss it. since i think thats like almost only dock in the game, at least in cities

x_101_
06-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Not sure if you would need to swim, but it would be cool if you could because it would ad to the do anything kind of spirit of the game.

ThePheonix1030
06-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
can't really think why you would want to swim though...

I'm thinking it could be another hideout if he has no other place to go http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah, that could maybe be cool, but the concept art looks like it has walls all around the docks and only like one passage so not really that good, depends about the situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this harbor is in the game, then I'm sure there are other small bodies of water, like a lake, that has no passageway surrounding it. Then, he can jump in... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Wanted_David
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
indeed, no mention about swimming. can't really think why you would want to swim though..

Since Altair can perform the Leap of Faith and fall in a bale of hay, he could perform a similar move and fall in the water...maybe the Leap of... Pocahontas? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

moqqy
06-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Wanted_David:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
indeed, no mention about swimming. can't really think why you would want to swim though..

Since Altair can perform the Leap of Faith and fall in a bale of hay, he could perform a similar move and fall in the water...maybe the Leap of... Pocahontas? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hhahah http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif yeah but pocahontas was far better assassin than altair was so...

Wanted_David
06-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
[hhahah http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif yeah but pocahontas was far better assassin than altair was so...

you're kidding? Pocahontas would totally ...hum.... use her compass to determine the exact location of her target, and kill him using the force of the nature (aka, grandma Willow) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

noobfun
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
yepp that screen shots the port of acre and damascus in on a river

its not the friendliest terrain in the world so unless someone with better geographical knowledge wants to interject dont expect lots of lakes and rivers, small oasis pools and streams are about the limit

moqqy
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Wanted_David:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:
[hhahah http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif yeah but pocahontas was far better assassin than altair was so...

you're kidding? Pocahontas would totally ...hum.... use her compass to determine the exact location of her target, and kill him using the force of the nature (aka, grandma Willow) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doh, didnt you see how fast she climbs up the trees, compare that to how slow altair climbs buildings!! + pocahontas jumped down from the tree no need for any hay to soften the landing... where u think she learns those skills.. SHE WORKS FOR THE NIZARI

Wanted_David
06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
doh, didnt you see how fast she climbs up the trees, compare that to how slow altair climbs buildings!! + pocahontas jumped down from the tree no need for any hay to soften the landing... where u think she learns those skills.. SHE WORKS FOR THE NIZARI

exactly! Ubi should make "Pocahontas' Creed. It would be awesome! lol
Anyway, let's keep ontopic... That artwork is really amazing. I do hope you can swim (for a limited amount of time, of course) in order to evade.

KnightTemplar45
06-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, swimming would be cool even if it was only for kicks. If you look at that big rock thats near the bottom left of the concept art, it kind of looks like there is a figure standing on it. It's on the edge of it on the side near the jetty, unless that's just more rocks.

Beren111
06-15-2007, 11:41 AM
its darn hard to tell but it looks like its just more rocks but gd spot templar http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

KnightTemplar45
06-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif Yea after looking at it more, it looks a lot like more rocks, but at first glance it looked like it might be Altair.

Beren111
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
swimming would be cool especially if u could like do the leap of faith off say one of those watch towers without hitting the rocks on your way down (ouch)

SplinterCell_37
06-16-2007, 04:53 AM
For quick evasion/escaping, then I'd say yes. But for kicks, like in Just Cause or Crackdown, I'd say no. That's very suspicious behaviour, would rust your knife, makes you an easy target for a crossbow anyway, and in your nice woolen clothes? I doubt it.

Still, that would be awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lhorkan
06-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, Alta´r's clothes would be incredibly heavy if they got wet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Thumper1980
06-16-2007, 06:18 AM
mmmm rusted switchblade cogs.

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 08:58 AM
If you constantly jump in for no apparent reason, then of course his weapons will get rusted. But if you play the game seriously, then that probably won't happen... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Beren111
06-16-2007, 01:38 PM
never before have i been surrounded by soo many people obsessed by rust weapons but ah well go altair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
i just hope they wont think of some "funny" gags like in scarface, when you were swimming for about 5min a shark came and ripped you into pieces

Ammario
07-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ubi_Rickas:
Interesting thought though. There has been no mention of any sort of water based environment really.

In the gamespot interview she mentions boats a lot so i think there is swimming in the game.

SCARFACE_47
07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
years ago when nobody knew if you could swim in san andreas, people had the same problem
i guess we will just have to wwit for further infos

MeAltairLol
07-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Well they did say:

Originally said by Ubisoft:
We are aiming to get as much realism as we can. That means no wall will be unclimbable, no terrain will be impassable. You can go wherever you want, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

^^See?^^
That must mean you can swim, right?

sireatsalot91
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
Well they did say:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally said by Ubisoft:
We are aiming to get as much realism as we can. That means no wall will be unclimbable, no terrain will be impassable. You can go wherever you want, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

^^See?^^
That must mean you can swim, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If there are places where you can swim. But im sure there will be small ponds or something somewhere. Underwater fights would be cool, not realistic, but cool.

StealthShottz
07-20-2007, 07:13 PM
There are plenty of metals out there that don't rust ( atleast that easy ). All weapons you get are from the Hashashin, and if they are smart, they will make weapons out of stronger, non rustable ( lol ) metals. I bet you will be able to swim because the game is of course based off of freedom. What kind of freedom do you get if you can only walk on the docks? Montreal is smart enough to let you swim... Think about diving off of the mast of a boat into the water after an assassination! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

The_Sphinx
07-20-2007, 07:31 PM
During the Gamespot hands on, Jade Raymond confirmed missions in the harbour of Demascus. Boats are involved too, so I suppose swimming is an option.

I really don't see why he would NOT be able to swim..

Ghost Dog 3
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I doubt it. The game is big as it is already.

Altair_92
07-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I think that there will be swimming. I mean look at all of the freedom that you get! Imagine Altair running towards the water and just stops because of an invisible wall. Invisible walls arent realistic. Im sure that Ubi will not have invisible walls in this game. I even think that she or someone else working on the game said that there would be no invisible walls. I think that he should be able to swim and maybe for a limited time, although I prefer for as long as you want.

And if you've played Tenchu Z then you know that you can hide under water. You can use a small bamboo stick and breath through while hiding under the water. I can definately see that technique in this game as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



I think that another cool thing to add to the game is an exaustion (sp?) meter. This determines how long that you can climb/swim and so on. But i think that you can upgrade your weapons and boots so that stuff will happen. I saw that in an interview with Jade I think.

altairiscool
07-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Altair_92:
I think that there will be swimming. I mean look at all of the freedom that you get! Imagine Altair running towards the water and just stops because of an invisible wall. Invisible walls arent realistic. Im sure that Ubi will not have invisible walls in this game. I even think that she or someone else working on the game said that there would be no invisible walls. I think that he should be able to swim and maybe for a limited time, although I prefer for as long as you want.

And if you've played Tenchu Z then you know that you can hide under water. You can use a small bamboo stick and breath through while hiding under the water. I can definately see that technique in this game as well. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



I think that another cool thing to add to the game is an exaustion (sp?) meter. This determines how long that you can climb/swim and so on. But i think that you can upgrade your weapons and boots so that stuff will happen. I saw that in an interview with Jade I think. We already know that the "exaustion meter"(not really a meter) for 360 is rumble but not sure about PS3. I don't see them putting in another bar what with all these whiny *******s already pissed that they can't see the very top right corner cuz of that "Huge" meter that is already there.

BUSTALOT
07-20-2007, 09:40 PM
**SPOILER ALERT**
Altair and all the other assassins smoke there hash there and thats why theres no historical evidence... in the game all you will actually do is sit there and smoke outa a hookah and laugh. sry if i ruined the game for you guys i just had to let you know...

Altair_92
07-20-2007, 09:50 PM
No one cares druggie.

SCARFACE_47
07-21-2007, 01:49 AM
to the rusty weapon thing
yesterday i learned in chemistry how to (why don┬┤t we learn that wods in eglish, stupid assteacher) protect a metal from rust
simple with acid (don┬┤t know how to call it in english) cause after the oxidation (which is actually rust) the acid made a "skin" over the metal and that way it can┬┤t rust anymore and since we know assassines aren┬┤t stupid i guess they protected they┬┤re weapons that way

btw assassines don┬┤t need to swim, they get the power to fly from their weed adn so altair becomes "the flyer" giggles

eliteassassin69
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
hey pheonix can you post link for that pic please?

colt122
10-30-2007, 11:53 PM
sry guys but in a interview i read
(back in the old days before the crysis demo)
i think i read something about water being altairs krytonite?

dont hold me against it but im just trying to remember im pretty sure i read it

also i like crysis

Legolas00198
10-31-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by MeAltairLol:
Well they did say:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally said by Ubisoft:
We are aiming to get as much realism as we can. That means no wall will be unclimbable, no terrain will be impassable. You can go wherever you want, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

^^See?^^
That must mean you can swim, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's also said that "Water is Altair's kryptonite", so colt122 is right, not to mention the other threads about swimming. So no, you can't swim.

colt122
10-31-2007, 12:16 AM
and i dont see the point of swimming

ur suit would be heavy
ur weapons will rust
u will need to use ear drops
if u dont then u will have an bad mission cause of water in ur ears
and they probably didnt use chlorin back then
ouch

Subba_
10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by colt122:
u will need to use ear drops
if u dont then u will have an bad mission cause of water in ur ears
and they probably didnt use chlorin back then
ouch

I lol'd.

rahul911
10-31-2007, 12:24 AM
well i relaly hope so but cinse we've heard nothing about it and that teh game is just a couple or so weeks away from release I don't think so

sweetlou280
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
We have heard about it. Altair flails around...drowns and he appears back on shore where he jumped in.

DeadCorpseAC
10-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by colt122:
and i dont see the point of swimming

ur suit would be heavy
ur weapons will rust
u will need to use ear drops
if u dont then u will have an bad mission cause of water in ur ears
and they probably didnt use chlorin back then
ouch
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif