PDA

View Full Version : Mario... Antonio... etc

gsosolid
08-21-2010, 08:18 PM
In Assassin's Creed 2, we discover that Mario, Antonio, Machiavelli, La Volpe, and a few others, are all assassins.

But if they're assassins, isn't it stupid that they spend around 20 years bringing up a new assassin? Just one? Wouldn't they have been busy assassinating people?

Also, what did they actually DO as assassins? Who did they kill? Anyone? There isn't much proof?

Mario's tactics throughout much of the game wasn't very assassin-ish either, and I know that there's the argument that that must have been his plan, so to not give away what he truly was, but there was not much plan in his attacks at ALL? He also failed many of them?

None of them also had any assassin robes, and there is the quote which explains this, ("We are not as literal as our ancestors" - Mario), but then again, Giovanni had some? So why not the rest? Why did they not have hidden blades? (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one, because I didn't pay attention to that)...

masterfenix2009
08-21-2010, 08:43 PM
well lets see you are fighting the most powerful men in italy do you really want 10 people on your side? Id be desperate.and i know ezio is only doing training people in a couple days in brotherhood but no one can say that the werent training others. ezios life is fast forwarding and we cant see all of whats happened

Oatkeeper
08-21-2010, 09:33 PM
technically speaking the have all amassed their own armies disguised as The Mercenaries, thieves and Courtesans (all except for Machiavelli who was a sort of the true leader).
When they say they are raising the next assassin, I believe they mean the next high ranking assassin. Ezio was the only remaining son of one of their strongest players and the nephew of another, but he obviously had potential that his father noticed.

I would really would like to see Ezio have learned from the codecs between the two games and really enforces the creed when building his own apprentices (something that AC2 lacked)since he seems to be teaching his assassins in a more "old style" custome

EmperorxZurg
08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I got this one. If there was proof that they assassinated someone, they wouldn't be good assassins would they? Just that their target is dead is good enough. And yes they took some time raising Ezio, but they still kept up with their duties. It's not like they secluded themselves and stopped everything for him. They continued on in their murderous ways http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif Mario was more tactician than assassin. Like a commander of sorts. And he planned his attacks very much actually, he didn't fail any of them (to my memory). Giovanni had some robes because the Creed is sort of like the French Resistance. Most of them use their own clothes yet some of the most dedicated have some uniforms. He was probably more direct of lineage to the original assassins than the others (including Mario) so he probably used more of the traditional weapons of the trade while the others made due with what they had. If you're still confused, sorry. I'm a bit tired right now haha

gsosolid
08-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Well I can't argue with the whole proof about their assassinations bit, although I do think it is a bit weird ...
And the bit about raising Ezio you're right on.

And I'm sure Mario tells Ezio how his team failed a few weeks before doing something which Ezio planned to do?

And Giovanni having a uniform couldn't have been down to lineage, as Mario was his brother? Wasn't he :s
And the hidden blade was like trademark for the assassins, and it's funny that not a single assassin had one?

Frocony
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by gsosolid:
And the hidden blade was like trademark for the assassins, and it's funny that not a single assassin had one?
actually from Codex page 13 Altair states that "These blades will be limited in number since the metals with which we forge them remain difficult to obtain." so it is possible the other assassins could not get them

gsosolid
08-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Wasn't that just for the DOUBLE blade?

Frocony
08-21-2010, 10:38 PM
its the blade itself

EmperorxZurg
08-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by gsosolid:
And Giovanni having a uniform couldn't have been down to lineage, as Mario was his brother? Wasn't he :s

he may be his brother, but maybe different mothers...like a half brother?

souNdwAve89
08-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Very good question really. When I first played AC2, I too, had the same question. The assassins did disappear after they first meet Ezio, so you have to remember that. Whenever Ezio is introduced to a new assassin, he doesn't know that, but he is taught some things by them. After that, they are gone. I mean, you just have to use your imagination that they are off doing their own duties, after teaching Ezio a thing or two.

Ya know, the hidden blade thing is kinda a plothole. I mean, in Brotherhood, you can train assassins and yet they have hidden blades... Unless Ezio has to use a lesser quality metal for his assassins. Supposedly there is a Nintendo 3DS game where Ezio travels to Masyaf from AC1 where he learns more about the assassins order. Hopefully some of that info carries to Brotherhood (if they're in time line order).

EzioAssassin51
08-22-2010, 02:56 AM
Mario was the only one who told Ezio he and the mercenaries are Assassin's but he seemed to forget about that in Sequence 11 or something. Or at least he didn't consider that an option as to why Mario was following the guy with the apple!

Ru1986
08-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Its the animus idea i spose is it not why are people wasting their time with desmond rather than getting on with their jobs.

gsosolid
08-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Well with Desmond, there is actually a lot MORE being achieved rather than just training him into becoming a MASTER assassin JUST like Ezio, which would actually be good enough on its own. (Ezio managed to do a lot on his own)

But they also "wasted" their time on finding out what the "real" problem besides the templars was, which they did. They also found out about the vault, and codex pages. So it was no where near a waste of time...

MrCazzah
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by gsosolid
It's said somewhere that only master assassins had the blade, and also that the metal used was hard to come by ( as someone already said )

Anyway, whats to say Antonio, La Volpe ect arent off killing others? or at laeast, planning things. We barely see La Volpe in the game, so he could be running around Italy, destroying templars, and we wouldnt know, because the game is focused on Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And if you were part of a secret order, wanted for murdering people, would you dress up in fancy robes to show people? I think they didnt wear the robes, because it would make them all too obvious to idetify as assassins.
[SPOILERS!!!!]Yeah they spend a lot of time training Ezio, but I think thats because they know he is the prophet, or at least have suspicions, so they focus on him. But they do still have others, like the theives, mercanaries, as has been mentioned, although they arent proper asassins
And by the way, Mario saying "We are not as iteral as our ancestors" is in referance to the Assassins of Altair's time cutting off their ring finger, where as with Ezio and the "modern" assassins, they just brand the finger with the assassins symbol