PDA

View Full Version : Inflight engine re-start

JACN12
12-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I´ve tried several times inflight re-starting engine with no luck (WITHOUT THE "I" KEY, OF COURSE) .I switch the magnetos off and then turn them on again but nothing happens!. I tried it always keeping high propeller-engine rpms (diving/high speed cut-offs) and in several throttle positions...turn magnetos ON again and nothing happens, engine is always dead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

With the release of AEP that feature was enabled. I used to climb vertical and turn off magnetos. Engine, prop and bird froze at climb top. After the tail fall and when prop/eng rpm were high enough again I restarted engine only by turning the magnetos on (as should be, isn´t it?).

Now, after last patches and PF I miss this feature. What has happened?...A bug?...Nobody else notice this???. Please help.

Thanks,

.

ICDP
12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
What possible reason could there be for actually wanting to turn your engine off in mid flight?

JACN12
12-18-2004, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ICDP:
What possible reason could there be for actually wanting to turn your engine off in mid flight? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What possible reason was there when Oleg´s team decided to code it?...may be realism, the same that made Micro$oft code it for its FS series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fennec_P
12-18-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't understand yout question. Like always, you can restart the motor in mid flight. I remember just today doing it on the I-16.

The planes with inertia starters can do it at any time. Other planes need high speed speed (RPM) to restart it. Jet planes also have specific requirements for restarting. Multi-engine, as usual, need to select individual engine to start.

It does not work every time, but the motor will eventually start after enough tries, and if the required conditions are met.

Don't touch the magnetos. There is no reason to. Just use the engine toggle key like normal. Wait for the motor to spool up. If it does not, try again.

JACN12
12-18-2004, 08:08 PM
I did not say one cannot restart engine in mid flight. YES, one can do.
What I said is that "switch-off magnetos=switch-off sparking plugs ignition=engine cut off THEN switch-on magnetos=switch-on sparking plugs ignition= engine re-start(with high rpms, correct mixture, throttle position...and luck)" feature is no longer in FB.

"¿Por qué a todos os gusta poner esas estupideces de friki para demostrar lo listos que os creeis?" (Ego)