PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed: Revelations Ending disscussion. [SPOILERS]

worsecuve
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM
So what did you guys think about the ending for revelations?

WARNING THE POSTS ON THIS TOPIC (if there will be any) CONTAIN EXTREME SPOILERS.

bitebug2003
11-16-2011, 12:41 PM
You finished it already? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I've not yet started it, as I am going to play Zelda first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've had a brief look at it and did a small test play of the first area (tutorial). Saw some gameplay of Desmond's Missions and wasn't impressed.

The den defense doesn't seem all that interesting either. and hope it doesn't become repetitive, or that it will become a requirement of completing the game.

I'm aware I'm doing myself no favours moderating this forum, but oh well.. it's part of it.

playassassins1
11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
I finished the game yesterday because i got the game Saturday. And the ending is Awesome!! But unexpected.

worsecuve
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by bitebug2003:
You finished it already? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I've not yet started it, as I am going to play Zelda first http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've had a brief look at it and did a small test play of the first area (tutorial). Saw some gameplay of Desmond's Missions and wasn't impressed.

The den defense doesn't seem all that interesting either. and hope it doesn't become repetitive, or that it will become a requirement of completing the game.

I'm aware I'm doing myself no favours moderating this forum, but oh well.. it's part of it. Yeah I was not impressed with the Desmond missions either but it was a nice bit of back story.

kriegerdesgottes
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Spoilers!

I didn't see anything too unexpected. All the guy did was talk about how they tried to save the world which we already knew. I just have to say the Lucy thing is really bothering me.

matteume
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
*READ FIRST* Assassin's Creed Revelations *SPOILERS WARNING* (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5881024859)

playassassins1
11-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Spoilers!

I didn't see anything too unexpected. All the guy did was talk about how they tried to save the world which we already knew. I just have to say the Lucy thing is really bothering me.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">It was unexpected that they would show how the world ended in the time of TWCB. And also when Ezio talks to Desmond but was obviously called a ''Synch Nexus'' I think</span>

zerocooll21
11-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I started at midnight monday an finished around 11pm that night with very little sleep lol.

I'll wait till this is move to proper section to post but in the meantime if you're interested I already started a discussion thread in the Hints/Tips section.

[Spoilers in link]
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1039408/m/3031068169 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/3031068169)

kriegerdesgottes
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">It was unexpected that they would show how the world ended in the time of TWCB. And also when Ezio talks to Desmond but was obviously called a ''Synch Nexus'' I think</span>

Oh yeah that part was cool.

Serrachio
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I have to say, for all the answers we were supposed to get, I still found it rather cryptic and confusing.

I mean, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond is supposed to know what to do now, but I couldn't follow it.</span>

zerocooll21
11-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I have to say, for all the answers we were supposed to get, I still found it rather cryptic and confusing.

I mean, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Desmond is supposed to know what to do now, but I couldn't follow it.</span>

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Well now that Desomond and Co are at the location of the grand temple, I'm assuming they will have to sort through the 6 best salvation options Tinia spoke of and figure out how to save the world.
</span>

CRUDFACE
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
It was cool, not groundbreaking. But I think it's funny about the:

SPOILER!

TWCB that you get to meet. I knew it from the start. But people on the forum kept saying it was going to be someone else.

As a side thing. Anybody find it weird that Abbas wears the same regular assassin robes while Altair always wears his master style?

sticks165
11-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
It was cool, not groundbreaking. But I think it's funny about the:

SPOILER!

TWCB that you get to meet. I knew it from the start. But people on the forum kept saying it was going to be someone else.

As a side thing. Anybody find it weird that Abbas wears the same regular assassin robes while Altair always wears his master style?

i find it weird that he never aged from 4 to 5

dmzct
11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
The ending would have been nice if it at least hinted at some explanations for any of the cryptic things Juno said at the end of AC:B. Or, more obviously, explained why Desmond needed to murder one of his team mates. Instead, it seems that this is a follow-up to AC:II that almost completely ignores Brotherhood.

zerocooll21
11-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Juno made him stab lucy so he didn't develop any more feelings for her. He needs to find Eve and together their DNA will unlock some power of the grand temple to stop the catastrophe.

Steww-
11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I thought the Desmond gameplay was good. I wasn't expecting any revelations from it, since we've already played as him for several games. I'd like to have found out more about Subject 16 though.

I'm assuming the woman at the end was Eve, and she somehow survived. The whole "DNA" idea could just be referring to those who have eagle vision.

The Lucy situation is strange though. I'm sure we'll hear more about her in the next game.

Also, the later files in Multiplayer have some interesting names, so I can't wait to see them.

naran6142
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
with the lucy thing, i alway thought that it was either an illusion or that she was actually dead, nothing else really made any sense

i kinda like that they killed her off, not that i dont like lucy, but because it was a surprise

Subject J80
11-17-2011, 11:13 PM
What I find really strange, is the reconstruction of Animus Island after the game with Desmond still on it, after he has left the Animus.

Does anyone find it weird, that he has no reason to go back into the Animus as everything has been revealed to him???

And usually after each of the previous games we hear some sort of reason for us as Desmond to go back into the Amimus but not this time???

xx-pyro
11-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by jaybyrne10:
What I find really strange, is the reconstruction of Animus Island after the game with Desmond still on it, after he has left the Animus.

Does anyone find it weird, that he has no reason to go back into the Animus as everything has been revealed to him???

And usually after each of the previous games we hear some sort of reason for us as Desmond to go back into the Amimus but not this time???

Yeah it doesn't make sense but really who cares? I'd rather be able to clean up side missions and what-not after the game than be forced to do all of my stuff before the story ends.

Subject J80
11-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jaybyrne10:

Yeah it doesn't make sense but really who cares? I'd rather be able to clean up side missions and what-not after the game than be forced to do all of my stuff before the story ends. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I'm trying to say is, does it have to do with the story. I mean 16 got deleted, but now Desmond seems to have been reconstructed with Animus Island, even though he has left the Animus and then end of the game?

Wicked ending though, thanks Ubi!!

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Also didn't they say we would find out what Ezio was doing back at the villa. Did they actually explain that because I still don't know what he was doing back at the villa at Monterigionni?

Gil_217
11-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Also didn't they say we would find out what Ezio was doing back at the villa. Did they actually explain that because I still don't know what he was doing back at the villa at Monterigionni?

I believe he got back there to give the clues to enter the Vault, remember, the number 72.

zerocooll21
11-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by jaybyrne10:

I don't think there was any other way story wise for them to say "okay desmond now that you're awake why don't you hope back in." Yah know? Just need to draw a line between video game and game reality.

Originally posted by Gil_217:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I believe he got back there to give the clues to enter the Vault, remember, the number 72. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah That

Rulkpool
11-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Two things bother me about the ending. One is how, besides being mentioned in the discussion between Bill and Rebecca, Lucy's death is not mentioned or even explained.

Nevermind that the team expresses no doubts of Desmond for the action, nor worry that he might kill one of them next.

It's just accepted as something that needed to happen and move on from.

Second, I don't understand why the team was in such a hurry to arrive at the former site of "Eden" and NOT running to Masayf to retrieve the Apple of Altair !

I know they still have the Apple from the end of Brotherhood, but why not go back to Altair's Library and secure his Apple, if not to use it at least to make sure that the Templars don't acquire it.

Gil_217
11-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Rulkpool:
Two things bother me about the ending. One is how, besides being mentioned in the discussion between Bill and Rebecca, Lucy's death is not mentioned or even explained.

Nevermind that the team expresses no doubts of Desmond for the action, nor worry that he might kill one of them next.

It's just accepted as something that needed to happen and move on from.

Second, I don't understand why the team was in such a hurry to arrive at the former site of "Eden" and NOT running to Masayf to retrieve the Apple of Altair !

I know they still have the Apple from the end of Brotherhood, but why not go back to Altair's Library and secure his Apple, if not to use it at least to make sure that the Templars don't acquire it.

Because Altair's Apple was destroyed in the Denver incident, you're not paying much attention aren't you?

About Lucy, like i said before, I'm pretty sure she's not dead, since we never hear no one mention her death outside the animus, we only hear that Lucy died when Desmond is in the Black Room, in a coma, he could be dreaming for example or imagining things. I'm imagining the first scene in AC III, when Desmond gets out of the van and Lucy is just standing there, waiting for them, man that would be priceless.

RomanDozer
11-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Revelations....not very revealing. There were not a whole lot of important questions that a lot of people (self included) wanted answers to, answered. Instead, I'm sort of left with more questions but one's that I know AC3 will answer. It just really sucks because a lot of those questions should have been answered. I'm not sure what I just played, quite honestly. I loved the Altair back story but what_the_hell happened with Ezio's? Are you frickin serious, Ubi? He's only one of the most famous video game characters of all time now and you end him with a message to Desmond? It was dramatic, yeah but I expected a little more than just him speaking out loud to Desmond, an image of Desmond appearing and Ezio passing on a message from the first race. I guess in AC3, we'll back story some Ezio stuff? Probably not... I doubt Ezio will be playable in AC3 at all as what has happened now will only make things worse. Too many character questions not answered and instead moved on to another game have left questions forgotten and new ones made.

In generic terms... I wanted to know what 1+1 was for Altair. I had to wait 3 games later to learn that and still didn't get it all but instead I learned what 1+2 was. Same with Ezio... I learned 1+3, wanted to know what 1+4 was but instead it gets skipped and I'm taught 1+5. The problem with leaving so many questions, important ones, left for another game is this:

Those questions intentionally left, get forgotten to pave way for an exciting new twist in another release.

There was a time when I truly loved these games. Now, I just want them to end. Ezio's ending, cool as it was, didn't make the cut for me. We play this character for 3 years, at least, grow so into him and all we get at the end is, "I'm just a glorified messenger boy". Yeah, we got that at the end of AC:Brotherhood, that we'll learning info to pass it on to Desmond. But Jesus, to just drop him like what was done in Revelations? Sickens me. Just end the game with AC3, please

agitatedchimp
11-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Altairs ending - emotional

Ezios ending - epic

Desmonds ending - Confusing and annoying
(Imo)

the thing that REALLY messes with my mind is that subject 16 practically had the answers to almost EVERYTHING yet we learned nothing from him except desmonds objective in revelations.
We really deserved some more screen time and focus on subject 16, however all we got was mystery of whether he had good or bad intentions to desmond. Also Ezios ending confused me a little i mean his last line "now listen" (To desmond) how did he know that desmond would of reached the synch nexus and be confronted by TWCB?

zerocooll21
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
No idea why they cut Ezio short, deff felt like he was about to say more. Sad really, such a epic moment and they stole the thunder right from under Ezio.

souNdwAve89
11-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I was hoping for a little spiritual talk between Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. We saw Ezio staring into the ghostly figure of Desmond and I was hoping to see Altair show up to. Ezio mentioning Desmond in his little speech was awesome, but they could have done more with it.

DoctorMoby
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM
a.) got game at midnight release began playing at 1am passed out at 7:30 woke up at 11:00 played til completion of game at 9 pm 15hr gameplay not surprised other people beat it so fast either.

b.)I have theory as to how Lucy may be alive. This theory is based on actual facts and things that have been proven. During the first game of AC, Al Mualim utilizes Apple of Eden # 2 to control Masyaf and make the people believe he is a God. These Apples have the ability to make people believe what the controller wants them to. Since Juno was the controller she made Desmond believe Lucy died so as to induce a coma that would help him realize what he needed to do. This is a being beyond our comprehension with obvious abilities that allow her to see future events.

Crazy Vengeance
11-23-2011, 02:29 AM
My question is ... why are Assassins fighting Templars with relation to the Old Race? Nothing from this conflict got explained as it seem that it was natural disaster that ended it not some milenia old struggle. What is the point of Templars now? Just to annoy Altair/Ezio?

goclo822
11-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Gil_217:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I believe he got back there to give the clues to enter the Vault, remember, the number 72. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didn't he mention at the beginning that he read a letter that was written before he was born from his father mentioning the library hidden beneath the castle? I thought that was why he went back. To finish his fathers work.

Originally posted by DoctorMoby:
b.)I have theory as to how Lucy may be alive. This theory is based on actual facts and things that have been proven. During the first game of AC, Al Mualim utilizes Apple of Eden # 2 to control Masyaf and make the people believe he is a God. These Apples have the ability to make people believe what the controller wants them to. Since Juno was the controller she made Desmond believe Lucy died so as to induce a coma that would help him realize what he needed to do. This is a being beyond our comprehension with obvious abilities that allow her to see future events.
It's a good theory but if that were the case, I can't see her not being by Desmond's side when he awoke from his coma.

CShock_
11-23-2011, 07:48 AM
Just a quick thought i had while reading this. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, does this apply when saving the world? for example, what if humans were saved/stored within the animus as desmond and 16 were? it would be a false reality (everything is true) and it would be unethical (as its false - but everything is permitted. Also i believe Ezio's story is complete if you watch Embers.

zerocooll21
11-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Speaking of Embers, did you guys someone found a clue that the guy at the end was a Templar? Had a Red Cross on his arm brace. UbiGabe said he was no one but hmmmm.

DoctorMoby
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gil_217:

Didn't he mention at the beginning that he read a letter that was written before he was born from his father mentioning the library hidden beneath the castle? I thought that was why he went back. To finish his fathers work.

Originally posted by DoctorMoby:
It's a good theory but if that were the case, I can't see her not being by Desmond's side when he awoke from his coma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very good point but she could be outside the van and waiting. Im optimistic I want her to be alive. I think it would be a great twist, and if it doesn't happen i think a lot of players will be like well this sucks wat the heck. Mainly because I feel it won't truly be explained why she died if she is going to stay dead. but if she is alive i think we will receive a full explanation of wtf juno did to Desmond. this would sure make me happy.

benbabins
12-03-2011, 03:38 AM
WE KNOW LUCY IS DEAD!!

After one of the sequences, when we're kicked from the animus, while on animus Island we hear Rebecca and Shaun talk about her funeral!

We know she is dead. Still not really why though.
And What more do we need to know about 16?

His mind was lost in the animus.

What specific questions do you guys have?

I'm just wondering how he got back to animus island.

And we saw Ezio and Sofia at Masyaf, but now back in constantinople?

They could have figured out a better way to do that.

Wow i hope they release a single player DLC.

Jacobaab
12-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I wondered why nobody hasen't mentioned the coordinates from leodanos disappering in brotherhood.
We find out in brotherhood that the pythograians wanted desmond to see this coordinates 43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W
However ezio cant oviously figure out what is, because it's modern coordinates. But it you reacerch them on google maps you get the following location which shows a crater

http://www.google.dk/imgres?q=...,r:3,s:0&tx=46&ty=78 (http://www.google.dk/imgres?q=43+39+19+N+75+27+42+W&um=1&hl=da&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=OyW2dWa3KlHAtM:&imgrefurl=http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-assassins-creed-teased-via-da-vinci-disappearance-dlc-spoiler-alert/&docid=hyzDeNZ0N-KkwM&imgurl=http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/next-assassins-creed-teased-oxcgn-1.png&w=1680&h=1050&ei=tK_jTtn6GPD44QTdx-W2BQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=407&sig=112749740570743977026&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=200&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=46&ty=78)

this is the location we see in the end movie at revelations, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI , 8;30)

However what we can learn from this, is that, this is the location Desmond, rebaccas and his father is at , and also that AC 3 wil probably take place in USA.
Some says that we will play a person from the american revolution , because a big fight from the revoultion took place close to there , and also George washington was templar and had a piece of eden.(wikiassainscreed.com)