PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage on F4F

stuartdm
07-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I have been doing the USN campaign as a F4F and have been unable to raise and lower the undercarriage I have to switch the autopilot on to do it for me. - it works OK on the land-based planes I have tried but this is the first carrier plane I have used. Is there something about the F4F that is different.

stuartdm
07-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I have been doing the USN campaign as a F4F and have been unable to raise and lower the undercarriage I have to switch the autopilot on to do it for me. - it works OK on the land-based planes I have tried but this is the first carrier plane I have used. Is there something about the F4F that is different.

joeap
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Yup it has manual gear. You have to set a key for it (I use shift-g to raise and ctrl-g to lower, choose your own) and you have to tap the key repeatedly to raise the gear. If you have the complete edition the I-16 also has manual gear. Sometimes you might get hydraulic damage in another plane and you have to lower gear maually as well.

P.S. This is in the readme. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

berg417448
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
F4f gear is manual just like the Russian I-16. You need to assign one key to raise the gear and another to lower it. The key must be pushed repeatedly in order to raise the gear which simulates the hand cranking of the gear.

You will also notice that the flaps raise automatically at about 150 knots (IIRC) on the F4F. This was also a feature of the real aircraft although the flaps will not automatically comeback down as they could in the real aircraft if the flap lever was left down.

stuartdm
07-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks - I had set a key for manual lowering but didn't realise that you had to keep tapping it.

Obviously didn't read the readme well enough. I did manage to find the bit about the chocks and raising the seat though.

heywooood
07-04-2006, 12:32 PM
stuart - welcome to PF.

the readme is helpful to a degree, but this forum and a few others are better for getting help.