PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad support

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 04:04 AM
I have a thrustmaster dual power gamepad.

(1) Are gamepads supported? The controls menu in options doesn't seem to give me an option for gamepad.

(2) How are people getting their gamepads to work? Are they using keyboard mapping software (like thrustmapper) or is the POP:SOT letting them configure directly in the options menu?

(3) This game would rock with my gamepad. Obviously I need to get this working. Please help.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 04:04 AM
I have a thrustmaster dual power gamepad.

(1) Are gamepads supported? The controls menu in options doesn't seem to give me an option for gamepad.

(2) How are people getting their gamepads to work? Are they using keyboard mapping software (like thrustmapper) or is the POP:SOT letting them configure directly in the options menu?

(3) This game would rock with my gamepad. Obviously I need to get this working. Please help.

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 12:32 AM
It's pretty easy to get your gamepad working.

You have to go into POP setup and then into the keymapping section.

You'll see the default mappings in the left column and the alternate mappings on the right.

You can change whatever set you want -- I went with the set on the left.

Just double-click the mapping you wish to change with the left mouse button. That will clear the mapping, and you then can assign the mapping to an axis on your gamepad. So, if you clear "forward" you could then assign it to the "forward" of your dual-analog stick, or D-pad.

Hope that helps.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Well, it SHOULD be 'pretty easy', but this just doesn't work for me, sadly.

POP thinks I am selecting the Y axis for everything, even when I press nothing. It does not recognise any other keys or directions.

It seems there are quite a few posts about this problem, I think Ubisoft need to sort this quickly, especially as it seems there is even a bundle of the game with a Dual Analog game pad.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:08 AM
This sounds like a problem with your gamepad.

Open the control panel "Game controllers" (you know where to find that, don't you?). Check if your the system reacts correctly to your controller. Try to recalibrate the Pad, if neccessary.

I pretty sure the game works fine with any gamepad.

Martin

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
The controller tests fine, and works with other games I have installed. There are quite a few threads in this forum of people having trouble with a variety of gamepads.

My y-axis problem is curious as some people have had problems with joysticks, due to the yaw trim not being in the centre. Yet my gamepad has no trims anyway. Weird? Also, your suggestion in another thread about using the anaolgue stick instead of the gamepad doesn't work for me as I don't get the choice in the settings menu in the first place:-)

Thnaks for the suggestions tho'.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Nah, there isn't a choice to use analogue controls.

Most gamepads have either a separate digital control cross (D-Pad) and one or two analogue control crosses or they have only one cross which is either digital or analogue.

If you have a separate analogue control, use this to map the function (e.g. double click in the right column of the "move forward" function. Then move your analogue control pad upwards. On my system something like "Y+" appeared in the column and "Y-" was displayed automatically in the "move backwards" row. Same procedure for "move right").

XyZspineZyX
01-01-2004, 06:36 AM
The problem it seems is with the throttle of the gamepad (if you have one of course!!) It seems when it's set in the middle you can select the by double clicking on the extreme right panes in the keyboard config (don't bother setting up gamepad!). I think for the problem of walk/run it is related also somehow to the throttle (slider) try putting it (after setting up the keys) left, right or middle! After setting up my gamepad in SplinterCell that throttle gave me also problem seems like if it wasn't in the middle (do I detect a pattern here?!) Sam was spinning continuously!

Hope this helps!

Happy New year BTW!

My Rig
OS Windows XP build 2600 SP1
Pentium IV 2.53Gig
Mobo Via FSB 533 DDR 333/400 agp 8x
1024Mb RAM DDR 266
ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 pro 128Mb
Creative Audigy Mp3
Western Digital 120Gig 7200rpm
Aopen Cd writer 12x10x32
HL-DT-ST 16x DVD-ROM (Don't ask!)
Optical Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (USB)
Logitech Wingman Cordless gamepad (USB)
NEC Flatscreen LCD Multisync 1700v

http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/demon.gif

Message Edited on 01/01/0412:38AM by greg2m

greg2m
04-04-2004, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by greg2m:
The problem it seems is with the throttle of the gamepad (if you have one of course!!) It seems when it's set in the middle you can select the by double clicking on the extreme right panes in the keyboard config (don't bother setting up gamepad!). I think for the problem of walk/run it is related also somehow to the throttle (slider) try putting it (after setting up the keys) left, right or middle! After setting up my gamepad in SplinterCell that throttle gave me also problem seems like if it wasn't in the middle (do I detect a pattern here?!) Sam was spinning continuously!

Hope this helps!

Happy New year BTW!

My Rig
OS Windows XP build 2600 SP1
Pentium IV 2.53Gig
Mobo Via FSB 533 DDR 333/400 agp 8x
1024Mb RAM DDR 266
ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 pro 128Mb
Creative Audigy Mp3
Western Digital 120Gig 7200rpm
Aopen Cd writer 12x10x32
HL-DT-ST 16x DVD-ROM (Don't ask!)
Optical Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (USB)
Logitech Wingman Cordless gamepad (USB)
NEC Flatscreen LCD Multisync 1700v

Look over your shoulder punk, you're about to get wasted.....too late it was the other shoulder!!
http://www.splintercell.com/us/images/downloads/scpt-signature-swatturn.gif

brutalboy1
04-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Hi there,

I'm able to use my RumblePad with Prince of persia ST, everything work including sticks.

It was hard to set-up!!!!

Go in the Gamepad config in the game.

Click and hold (click on left mouse button)) over the function you want to assign (ex :Jump). Hold the bouton on your gamepad and double click with the left mouse button (release and reclick because you are already holding it).

These steps will work on every kind of gamepad as soon there are recognize by Windows.

It take some time to understand this steps but it will work, believe me !!!

BrutalBoy1