PDA

View Full Version : Laggning and damageprofiles

jugent
12-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Yesterday a strange thing happend, I checked the track afterwards,
I fleew the 190D 1945, and came in on the 6 of a spit, I shoot him and my tracers seemed to pass through him without hitting, after this I checked my stats and somthing around 20 projectiles hit him.

The spit braked, I dowe down and my wing hit his fuselage where the backside of the wing is connected to the fuselage, my wing fell of and he flew on as if nothing has happend.

Another thing is that other a/c are in another position than I see them, unless their projectiles are guided.
Is there a random method in the damage-calculation, and are all onlinegame this way that you dont get the correct picture of the position of your opponents?

faustnik
12-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Some of that is definately lag. I've seen the deal where an ememy that appears to not be pulling enough lead hits you, I figure it has to be lag. I have also seen hits appear to have no effect. Unless you have the other guy on comms, you don't know what you actually did to his plane.

I have looked at the DM a lot and I sure don't think that there is any random calculations going on. You damage what you hit.

jugent
12-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Strange, a collision between a wing and a fuselage should bring him down to, especially after beeing hit by 20 rounds.

polak5
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
many people claim to have run into the back of my fw, but i never feel a thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

neural_dream
12-02-2005, 08:00 PM
common

polak5
12-02-2005, 10:16 PM
just happend in a Jug few mins ago 2 .. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jugent
12-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Then can we agree on that the damageprofile for collision should be rewised?

Tully__
12-03-2005, 05:04 AM
are all onlinegame this way that you dont get the correct picture of the position of your opponents?
Yes, all online games are this way. The time it takes for information to travel from your machine to the server than to another player and back results in everything that is moving appearing in slightly different positions on each machine. The other player is operating under the same "disadvantage" so it mostly evens out in the long run.

jugent
12-03-2005, 05:33 AM
I think that a solution to the lagg/UFO-problem would be that when the server loose an a/c for a certain period of time, first the a/c keep course, speed and angle, then an AI-function takes over and jump or flies the plane to the nearest friendly airbase. The AI in non-online scenarios can do this.

This would punish the disco- printscreen and other lagg-creating cheat, or thoose heroes that disco when they find themself in an impossible situation.

Pirschjaeger
12-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Definitely lag.

I had similar things happen to me. Check your ping, mine was always 500 or more. I'm very lucky when I don't get booted.

I used to complain to my squadmates that it was impossible for them to hit, but they were hitting me anyway. This p!ssed me off big time. They were shootong me from impossible angles. No one believed me. So I made a track of an online d-fight.

We were turning low and slow and when I'd look back I could see the top of the enemy's cockpit, wings, fuselage, everything but as I'm looking at the top of his plane, he is picking me apart. I sent the track to my squadmates and then and only then did they believe me. They simply said "lag".

Another thing was headons. There was no way I was missing, but I was. There was no way they could hit me, but they were. When you have this problem, make a track. You'll see the impossible.

The same goes for collisions. Take note, this never happens offline.

Fritz