PDA

View Full Version : Animus Hypothetical

goldenarm009
04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Alright so I was thinking about this earlier today. The Animus allows you to relive the past memories of an ancestor. So could you hypothetically pop into the Animus and relive the memories of your father? What if he's still alive? Could virtually live the life of your father a few seconds after he actually lives it?

What if you are in the Animus reliving a memory of your father interacting with you? That'd be weird dude.
?
Can anyone think of any other Animus anomalies?

El_Sjietah
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
The theory behind the animus is that we all have genetic memories in our DNA, that we expand upon throughout our lives and pass on when we concieve a child. So the only memories you'd have from your dad, are the ones from before you were born.

Murcuseo
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
What if you and your father were in the Animus at the same time, would you not be able to access his AD memories that way... seeing as you're a genetic match.

Although that might lead to some awkward situations.. maybe you stumble on a memory you don't actually wanna see... arg http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

El_Sjietah
04-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Only the ones that are available in both you and your father's DNA. It's like Desmond and Subject 16. They are both decendants from Ezio, so they both have Ezio's memories. Your father's memories from after you were born, won't be part of your own DNA, so you wouldn't find a match.

Murcuseo
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
I was thinking along the lines of accessing his memories through his DNA not your own, if you were both hooked up to the same Animus you'd have access to his DNA.. I think lol

But, if that were the case could Ezio not have access to Subject 16's memories if his DNA was saved on the master computer thingy?

I really have no clue how the animus is supposed to work lol

El_Sjietah
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM
That depends. If DNA data gets stored inside the Animus, then yes, you should be able to visit Subject 16's memories as well. If the Animus reads memories straight from the string though, you won't be able to.