PDA

View Full Version : Take a moment

B16Enk
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife and I set up a web site to allow tributes and memories for veterans of all countries and all eras.

We have managed to find some articles to publish, it's a slow work getting our intentions known and content offered.

Today we were contacted and asked if we would publish a modern day Veteran account, specifically a visit to the Walter Reed hospital.

After reading the article, when my tears had dried, I felt compelled to post the link here.

No politics, this is about those that serve selflessly.

The account of the young man at the end is so poignant.

http://www.honorourveterans.com/articles/morning-visit-at-walter-reed.html

God bless those that serve, and those that suffer.

B16Enk
07-30-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife and I set up a web site to allow tributes and memories for veterans of all countries and all eras.

We have managed to find some articles to publish, it's a slow work getting our intentions known and content offered.

Today we were contacted and asked if we would publish a modern day Veteran account, specifically a visit to the Walter Reed hospital.

After reading the article, when my tears had dried, I felt compelled to post the link here.

No politics, this is about those that serve selflessly.

The account of the young man at the end is so poignant.

http://www.honorourveterans.com/articles/morning-visit-at-walter-reed.html

God bless those that serve, and those that suffer.

dazza9806482
07-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Really moving

fantastic site as well, its a great idea preserving all of these human experiences

guitarman1968
07-30-2007, 10:03 AM
~S~ Roger

It puts all our miner day to day problems into perspective.

B16Enk
07-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Dawn Halfaker has been told of Honorourveterans by the article's author, please feel free to leave comments of support there so that they can be passed back to Walter Reed.

Anonymous messages can be left in the support area on the forums too.

DuxCorvan
07-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Really moving. Anyway, it is sad to realize that the young man was right: he'll only be kissed out of compassion. It's love and desire, not pity, what's been denied to him. Pitying him, is unavoidable and a well-intended thing for sure, but on the long, it'll only make him feel worse.

War is the worst thing in anyone's life. I pray everyday not ever having to be in the middle of one.

BBloke
07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
A very moving read thanks for posting it here B16.

It shows great strength and courage on the part of the young solider to still be sat in the chair. I'm sure his despair will lift in time and his life and character will shine through the dark times.

How can anyone pity those that stay awake and alert and guard our doors. Honour and thanks is the least that can be offered.

skimbo
07-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for this B16.

skimbo