PDA

View Full Version : Oleg how about,,,

LeadSpitter_
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
removing half the trees from cities and increasing visability distance of ground items to 3000 meters.

Also give us an option to remove trees from cities especially palms, messing around with the config texqual=2 does this with ati cards but makes the testure quality bad on the ac which it never use to do.

maybe this is a glitch with ati omega drivers but who knows.

Well just a thought and I would like to know what you think about this.

Finkeren
06-02-2005, 02:49 AM
How about we wait to see how the BOB engine runs

LeadSpitter_
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
nah 5 planes in bob 2-3 varients of each called 15-18 flyables.

I think ill play fb aep pf for a long time even in 2006 when BOB is ready. Maybe then pcs might have a machine that cant play it high fps full graphics aa af 8 16 and 1600x1200 res and get more then 30fps with increased visability of ground items.

this suggestion is for fb aep pf,

you guys are expect to much from bobs engine already I think. I could be wrong but i think it will just be a modded pf engine with some changes, same sound, same small square maps higher aircraft, cockpit and ground item polygons improved weather talk of ground items being user controllable etc.

darkhorizon11
06-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some changes like that. The tree problems never bothered me except that there aren't enough. Doubling the visibility distance would do wonders though.

I'll also play FB for a long time to come. Lord knows I still play it off and laptop and I'm not getting a new PC for awhile, I don't have a prayer playing BOB on my piece right now.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
06-04-2005, 05:20 AM
LS, on excellent mode put forest=3 and the trees in towns and cities disappear

found that out by mistake when playing with perfect and forest=3

JG53Frankyboy
06-04-2005, 05:29 AM
realy ?
because the trees in the cities have a collision model

LeadSpitter_
06-04-2005, 02:37 PM
KGr.HH-Sunburst the trees dont for me but get bigger and fuller, also rotate in a circle which looks very odd.

I noticed if i change texqual=2 with 3 trees they disapear but then we have the plane textures which look very bad and blurred.