PDA

View Full Version : What you want to see in Far Cry 3...

JonDumela
01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey that rhymes!

So, some things I would like to see are:

0. A health system based on things an actual person surviving in the wild would need. To drink, and hopefully eat, plants and animals if killed. And maybe some plants are poisonous so you have to know what to look for. Maybe being able to cut off a piece of cactus and drink from inside, stuff like that.

1. More interactivity with the environment...
for example, to replinish health being able to kill animals, then make a fire, cook them and eat them. Like more of a real survival in the wild simulator.

2. Being able to shoot from inside of a vehicle. Car chases were great in Far Cry 2 but I couldn't shoot back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif, Also I want to be able to shoot out tires of people chasing me.

3. Being able to climb cliffs, at least ones that a person could walk up in real life.

4. Being able to lean around corners to shoot.

5. If not having night vision at least a flashlight.

6. Maybe some dangerous animals, snakes, aligators, bear, Gorillas, lion, tiger, hyena, wild dogs, anything that could hurt you in the real wild.

7. Being able to go Prone.

8. Being able to sneak up on people, walk silently. Also, more sneak attacks which could be used in multiplayer as well. Like breaking neck from behind, slit throat with knife.

9. Being able to use the butt of the gun to hit people, more mele weapons like maybe a sledge hammer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

10. Definetly some throwing knives to kill snakes with or other animals to eat, people too of course, well not to eat. Also, being able to retrieve the knife afterwards.

11. I'd like to see this game become a real survival simulator and multiplayer could have either shooting battle scenarios, or animal hunting challenges. Maybe hunting tournaments to see who can kill the bigest animal or from the furthest away, winners could get special upgrades for items that could be used online.

12. The possiblilites are really endless if its started from what's already there. I'd also like to see more than one level, or one much larger level with more vareties of landscapes.

13. Being able to make positive or negative comments to people, like Hello, Go Away, Leave me alone,
you looking for a fight, How are you, stuff like that.

14. Being able to actually punch and kick maybe, like in Mirrors Edge, where you can actually press
a certain key at a certain time to do a combo and disarm the enemy. Jump Kicks, shift plus right or left does an evade move, stuff like that.

15. Being able to pick things up and throw them, as like a distraction or even to break something, or hurt someone. Maybe being able to interact with some of them like a gas tank, opening it so you can poor the gas in a certain place, then when enemies show up, throw a match or something.

16. Also, an interesting concept to go with the Survival simulation theme, being able to set traps for people or animals. Like you actually have to carve sticks into sharp objects, then set up your trip wire and sharp sticks to spring into place and impale your prey. Setting up broken glass on a road to flatten an enemies tires then suprise attack.

17. Being able to command a squad of people, buddies, to go into battle like in the game Arma 2. Maybe some aircraft and parachute, hang glider was great too. Maybe even cliff walking equipment, ropes for climbing down walls, or buildings, then you could push off then swing back and kick your way into a window on a tall building. That would be great for a Urban landscape.

18. Also, a really good idea would be to have flashbangs and smoke grenades, since the lighting is so good these effects would be nice.

19. When wounded severely, you fall down and call out for a medic. In multiplayer this would be great, but in multiplayer there should be bot medics since most people wouldn't want to be one. Maybe you could have a radio to call in support, single player and multi.

20. And finally, I would really like to see the next game take advantage of PHYSX technology. Also along with PhysX it would be amazing to see a setting in options to enable DirectX 11 hardware supported graphics. Then there could be liquid fire effects and real water effects, real glass breaking, oil spills, the possiblities are endless and it could be the first big Game to Combine all these things together in one Game Series. d (O_o) b

That's enough for now I guess. A game like that would bring FarCry into a whole new Level of popularity, and probably bring teen pregnancy down 50 percent.

DapperHayden007
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM
another thing, the rating system, you could add comments when you rate a map and tell them in the comment what's wrong with the map to help the map maker improve it.

jedilando
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
@JonDumela
I agree with almost everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. And from me:

FC2 fixes:
- Ballistics (in FC2 bullet hits the target instantly. As we know in real world bullets travel some time before hitting a target)
- Darker nights
- Climb cliffs with rope (maybe harpoon with rope).

Enviroment:
- Realistic nights (darker nights)
- More realistic sky (in the night you can see that the sky [moon, stars, etc.] is a bitmap).
- Fog after rain/fog in the morning.
- Possibility to climb on mountains (we can hardly call them like that ...)
- Thunderstorm with thunderbolts causing fire (thunderbolts should have more probability of hitting high objects so player should avoid walking on higher grounds).
- Higher mountains
- Bigger plain grounds (grassland)
- In nights some enemies should sleep.

- FC2 map is not realistic. Too many roads, too many houses/posts, too many patrols - per square meter. Imho the map should be scaled to 4-8 times bigger. Less roads. Faster vehicles.

RPG elements:
- Some bonuses for fighting (not another) enemy guard post and shooting 9128374938124 enemies. In other words: there should be some reward by farming (killing over and over again) enemies.

- Weapon shops should differ one from another. Other weapons, etc.
- Missions from one weapon shop should be aimed against another (competition).
- FC2 weapon shop system with unlocking weapons is imho stupid. Player should get some extra cool weapon for completing mission from weapon seller.

- Much more weapons, some not buyable (found somewhere, etc.). Much more items. More item types. You know... like in RPG games.

- "very extremly realistic" difficulty level in which player should hunt animals to get something to eat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, etc. True survival.

- "too much in the sun" effect and "too much in cold enviroment" (nights)? This would force player to avoid deserts/plain grounds and force him to sleep in safehouse. Mornings/evenings would be perfect time to hunt.

- Survival Single-player mode. No story. Just survive. Like in Minecraft game.

ok enough. I think I could write and write whole night :/, need to go to sleep.

/edit
One more thing:
Far Cry 3 engine should be a proper combination of Dunia engine (FC2) and CryEngine 2 (Crysis). Because: Crysis has: no mouse lag, better player physics, volumetric clouds, etc. In other words all pros of CryEngine 2 (or 3?) should be present in FC3.

JonDumela
01-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Exactly jedilando, I agree you're getting the idea. Every one possible should come together on this game. It could be the first real Virtual reality survival simulator and would open up to so many other things. Combining PhysX, DX11, amBX, and Nvidia True 3D, or Tridef 3D would make this the most realistic gaming experience imaginable until robots take over the world and create the matrix lol.

jedilando
01-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah. Agreed.

And few more things:

- Nights with clouds and no moon should be 100% dark (even if you change brightness of the monitor to 100% you see nothing).

And again about FC2 map. I just feel like I'm in a closed area.

Ubisoft should listen to us. Why? Look at the Minecraft game - it has very similar concept (Survival Mode) and thousands of people are playing Minecraft. Realistic survival simulator is increadibly addicting.

Black_Widow9
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please ensure this is the PC version of FC3 Suggestions. For console suggestions please post here-
Far Cry 3 Suggestions (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/3271079147/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

momentum123412
02-15-2011, 02:16 PM
i wana se a multiplayer that don't have any thing to do with punkbuster i hate the thing that punkbuster made to farcry 2 so i totaly vasted money on it so if they make a multiplayier that vorks on pc than i will buy and play or otherwise i will get a loyer and sue them

PrivateColt
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Well OP wrote many things, but my wish is much simpler:

I want coop mode in the story line.

By this, I mean in FC2 buddies are sitting in the bar and do nothing.

I want them to be replaceable by real players like in the game Rainbow Six Vegas and play with them all story line or doing all those missions that exist in the single player together with my friends

JET-WTF
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
no install limits, no bs dracanion DRM... oh wait this is Ubisoft so it will have horrid DRM. sorry wont be buying it regardless of how much i enjoyed FC2 unless it has DRM that doesnt punish legit customers.

davesnow1
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
...or what I DON'T want to see:

No more Malaria Pills... sheesh, what a pain.
No more Jamming Weapons.
No more "off limits" hills... ridiculous not being able to climb hills.
No more running 25-30 steps and being out of breath. The guy needs more stamina!!
No more weapon limits... Let me carry 4 weapons, but let them be MY choice. Even if I choose to carry 4 pistols or 4 sniper rifles!
No more days that last a couple of hours. Give me REAL TIME!!!

That's all I can think of right off hand.

Moghdad
04-22-2011, 11:31 PM
- The constant enemy patrols and outposts get to be a pain. You wipe our an outpost and ten minutes later the guards have re-spawned. Fewer outposts, or at least let the guards stay dead longer.

- The enemy vehicles are annoying. They seem to run on jet fuel. No matter how fast you are, there's no outrunning them. Most of them can shoot on the move you you must stop and change to gunner position. A little more balance here.

- Being able to switch from driver's seat to gunner position with a single keystroke in boats as well as ground vehicles.

- Better enemy AI. Let them use cover better, employ squad tactics and suppressive fire rather than running out into the open to get their dumb heads shot off one-by-one. And why is their first reaction always to run for the nearest vehicle?

- Get rid of the annoying all-seeing enemy mortars. If they don't have a line of site to you, or an observer who does, they shouldn't be able to hit you.

- As somebody already said, real ballistics. Maybe with a shooting range where you can practice freely with different weapons.

- Ability to carry more rounds for weapons like the mortar. That's a fun weapon once you've got the hang of it, but it's hardly worth carrying since even with all the upgrades the most you can carry is five rounds.

LostGunner
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I would just love to have a wrist watch 24/7 instead having to wait to enter safehouse to tell time.
Being a stealth player ( not a rambo player ) I do like to know the exact time for certain moves. Now all I can do is look up to the sun ( if it's daytime and not pouring rain ) bring up my map and see according to my green arrow if sun is in east or west. Map does help that way but a good ole timex on the wrist would be a lot better. Right Devs? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

adam832011
05-06-2011, 12:58 AM
please bring call of duty down with a passion!
i play farcary to even after four year from it's 2008 release. i am a map builder as well. and in all things i wish we could do with that game was farfeshed!! i would like to see more options with the map editer!!!!!!!! weather contions where cool but we need more then just the basics. hard rain effects, snow fall, fully distrucable bulding more powerful explosions and please give the player more stamina with running. and also with the maps we created in farcry 2 allow us all the ability to submit them online to be reviewed for ranked matchs. maybe simulate bots to fight against human player verus bots like cod's black ops combat trainning with advance trainning in tactical methods. i wish i could talk to mayteam alone in team deathmatch and stadigize attacks against other players! also if we bulding a map give us the option to film it and make highted cuts of the best kills in game. maybe tournment modes in multiplayer. waterfall from hill tops and wild life in the map editer. maybe let us all bring the maps we make to life with move cars life traffic shrap metal debris from explosions. i think we all can say that some of the healling effects need to be fixed as well. i do think it need more depth in the story basised on what charicter you choose. i would like to see and differant campain side for each charicter in farcry 2 you one of manny charicters to play in story mode. but like in the a movie each charicter has a part widden the mission by being able to play as the budies coming to save the min charicter and bring in coop story mode where you and another player online can jump in to player the storymode with you. heres another idea to throw at you. let the charicters do drugs to boots stamina like smoking pots or doing coke or maybe if you run out of ammo you can hold the weapon like a bat to hit or throw the emty weapon at an ennmy. i hope you all at ubi-soft have taken all of our idea into consideration. we still love farcry and take so mutch **** from other whom have turned from you and have begun playing call of duty. i was play on a map i created with somefriends on line and a kid jumps in and starts makeing fun of us from hangging on to you as fans of farcry i wish to see farcry 3 blow call of duty games out of the water. oh yeah and one other thing that must be fixed is , please of of more room to publish more and hold more maps i was sad to see that we where only able to hold 20 maps in our published maps list. we need lighting at nighttime in usermaps in the editer we where bummed to see a map in total darkness with street lights that didn't light up. please take your time on this game and make better for your fans. we all would like to thank you for making sutch a great game to play and hope you keep up the good work in creating a better game for our futer to comefrom all of the farcry nation to the team at ubi-soft we thank you!!!!!!!!! and keep the spirit of farcry alive. thank's agian and take care my gamertag for xbox-live is DeathBekomezYou and if you would like to replay to my comments please do so. i would love to hear some feed back on our comments and suggestions on the upcomming game farcry 3. peace out!!!

Wurm65
05-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Only want one thing...

For the enemy re-spawn times to be more realistic.

No more of the drive 100 meters away, turn around and Scotty beamed down a new platoon for me to kill.

Thats the only one of two real gripes I have with FC2.

The other is how quickly modern weapons erode.

Taking the dart rifle for example, its parkerized metal with a polymer stock. There is nothing that can erode, but after one mission you have to throw it away?... no.

Make the time (A LOT) longer or add cleaning kits for us to carry around and use in FC3.

Pheep.
06-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Comprehensive list of what i see needs to be improved:

-CONTROLS-
I'm pretty sure most other Far Cry 2 players can agree with me here... honestly, i think the sticky controls and somewhat slow sensitivity options have really bogged down how we move around in the game. When you start sprinting (more on stamina later) you don't have a lot of freedom to change direction when you start to run. there should be more control in steering directions when sprinting and turning. overall, i feel that the slow controls SLOW me down when in a firefight. what if i have to make a quick 180 degree turn to go rescue a team-mate? Cant. i have to completely stop, turn slowly, and then start running in a straight line. (any other problems with controls have already been stated by the community in this forum)

-SPRINTING!!!(and stamina)
OK! this was a terrible idea for the character to have in the first place. i hate having to run only some 100 ft, before my vision becomes impaired. there should be no limit to how much your character can run. just like Battlefield BC 2... they have unlimited sprinting, also with fast turning. that adds to some realism...

-GUARD-POINTS-
I've got some issues with the checkpoints the bad guys hang out in in Campaign. not only does that hinder your progress on your way to a mission, but you can sometimes get screwed by some random bad guys without even met the real mission. also, their AI was incredibly dumb. im not trying to sound like a hater here, but i can easily down a bad guy in to his "crawl off to a wall and lay down" mode. (after i have to empty a whole clip of uzi ammo into him) and i can just walk on over sideways to him, and because they have a "VISION BARRIER" they don't seem to want to turn they're head another 2 degrees to shoot me or even look at me. (i mess with them at this point) so i'd love to see some incredibly smart AI in Far Cry 3. Also, get rid of RE-SPAWNING bad guys! im tired of having to waste ammo on one guard post and turn back there five minutes later with another group of enemies waiting to kill me (as soon as they hop in a jeep immediately and chase me for as long as possible)...

-BASIC ACTIONS-
i really don't like it that the campaign map stops you from climbing most mountains. what other way to eliminate a target from high ground than having to walk right in to town right up to him and then stabbing him? (then the town chooses to murder you even though they didn't even see me do it)
-Looking around corners (lean option)
-having a flashlight (that would be cool for at night in towns and stuff!)
-CLIMBING EVERY MOUNTAIN AND ROCKSCAPE
-a grappling hook for climbing! (like BF2)
-able to look around more in a vehicle
-have better driving controls!
-be able to take better cover around more objects (and have those objects be destroyed with enough firepower)
-have a handheld flare that can be place-able with dynamic lighting! (mark an ambush point at night etc)
-NO FREAKING MALARIA!!! not only was this a pain in the *** to take care of, but it wasn't needed to make the game more realistic.
-im sure other people have noted some good changes too. ONWARD

-VEHICLES-
this SERIOUSLY needs improvement! i know the vehicles taking damage and smoking and having to be repaired was to add to realism, but its ridiculous when you hit some small bumps and the truck catches fire. they need some good suspension and better physics. ALSO we need more vehicles like HELICOPTERS! i'd like to see ATV s make a comeback and also some more passenger riding vehicles. also, i'd like for the passenger to be able to have a 360 degree of shooting while the driver escapes a base or a pursuing vehicle. it would be EPIC. plus, more realistic damage needs to be put in the cars and trucks. (we need bigger transport vehicles!) and that would make it look better after a close scrape with the enemy team.

-WEAPONS-
i want to get this out of the way. if the sniper rifles had some actual physics take play, a gravity effect on the bullet would make it more realistic making it more difficult the farther the target. on another note: GET RID OF RUSTING WEAPONS! i hate taking up a gun and after a few minutes of shooting, it jams repeatedly or breaks. the campaign had only good guns from the gun shop. every enemy had a rusty piece of crap gun that broke in a minute. (also keep the golden guns those were epic for campaign)plus, the flamethrower needs to be given more power if its in Far Cry 3. more range, effect and lasting ability, plus a better look. pistols need to be better instead of crappy old ww2 style pistols. the deagle was nice, but it had terrible rate of fire. i'd rather have the weapon fire as fast as you can pull the fire button. also, we need customized attachments. different scopes, sights and grips. also the ADS mode needs to be a little more responsive while turning. another problem with guns are in the campaign. you sometimes have to unload a whole clip of ammo into an unarmored enemy. then they get back up and shoot you some more. PLEASE FIX THIS.

-ENVIRONMENT-
First off: more animals. i scarcely see them and i was dissapointed that there were no dangerous ones like lions or tigers. it would be great to have a separate mode for hunting with your friends with each kill earning exp towards weapons in MP.
-different birds
-monkeys (seen up in the treetops)
other random animals as well.
-more maneuverability across the landscape and mountains. also, let us be able to get achievements by photographing animal species with the camera in FC3.
-more destruction with the environment (blowing up trees, being able to cut plants with machette)
-better wind and rain effects (puddles and soggy ground after wards)
-if there's fire, have better fire effects that can consume certain objects not just roll over them.
-have a natural disaster or two, such as a miniature tornado or a hurricane. a volcano eruption would be AWSUM.
-place-able water. i'd rather have individually placed water blocks similar to the occlusion blocks put in areas you want them in the map editor

Theres more i can add, but im tired of typing this list. other people can add to it if they want and im sure most people agree with what i have said. if you want to play FC2 with me, msg me. my GT is "laserninja50".

GatorSub1942
07-03-2011, 09:07 AM
What I don't want to see is a game where pretty much everyone you see shoots at you! It's annoying and gets very tedious. That one design choice (for that's what it was - I read it in an article by the devs) has almost completely ruined the game for me. Some should be friends, some should be enemies.

Remember in GTA III when you go into the Triad controlled areas? Everyone you see shoots at you, but you know that all you have to do is get the hell outta there back to your own turf. Now imagine if everyone there shot at you as well.

Daft design decision - as were the troops at camps that respawn far too quickly.

elbmek
07-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Shouldn't this thread, and others, be moved now to the FC3 section?

Tully__
07-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Moved from FC2 forum.

xsquirrelstewx
07-06-2011, 08:57 PM
First off, let me say hunting for food wouldn't really belong in a Far Cry game. If it were included, however, I think there ahould be an option to disable it (like in Fallout: New Vegas).

Second. Why is it "unrealistic" to become fatigued after 20 seconds of a dead sprint? YOUR CHARACTER IS HAULING 80+ POUNDS OF GEAR. You would be tired, too. Think of a 400m sprint in school track - Now imagine doing that with heavy clothing, a machete, sniper rifle, a recoilless rifle, a grenade launcher, a sack of grenades and molotov cocktails, maps, a GPS, a phone, a wrench, a bag of diamonds, water, a first aid kit, a ton of ammunition, and not to mention all the additional gear required to carry all that stuff, a huge amount of ammunition.

And why is it that the in movies and games people break necks all the time? I'm fairly certain that's barely possible if you're attacking a grown man. Special Forces members please confirm. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

elbmek
07-07-2011, 02:39 AM
but but but - he is a superhero!!!

cuzzybro95
07-09-2011, 10:26 PM
First of all, if you blow something up, it actually blows up - to pieces! strewn everywhere.

In Farcry 2 when you blow up cars the wheels come off and the colour changes, thats about it. Also if you RPG some random wall it blows up and falls to pieces.

Also not every weapon looks the same...You could have the same AK47 but they look different(otherwise the weapons get boring).

And being able to capture enemies and interrogate them for information on whatever.

Camo/Character - It would be cool to be able to get face paint that you have to replenish and being able to pimp your weapon out with-
> silencers
> suppressors
> different sights
> removable stocks (increase or decrease stability etc)
> different camo patterns
> extended mags (unlockables)
> bipods for snipers (A MUST HAVE - but they should be removable)
> weapon slings

> ghillie suits
> facepaint
> headgear
> the option to wear or not wear
> gloves
> clothing items

Thankyou for reading.

maxcimus666
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jedilando:
@JonDumela
I agree with almost everything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. And from me:

FC2 fixes:
- Ballistics (in FC2 bullet hits the target instantly. As we know in real world bullets travel some time before hitting a target)
- Darker nights

Enviroment:
- More realistic sky (in the night you can see that the sky [moon, stars, etc.] is a bitmap).
- Thunderstorm with thunderbolts causing fire (thunderbolts should have more probability of hitting high objects so player should avoid walking on higher grounds).
- Higher mountains

- FC2 map is not realistic. Too many roads, too many houses/posts, too many patrols - per square meter. Imho the map should be scaled to 4-8 times bigger. Less roads. Faster vehicles.

RPG elements:
- Some bonuses for fighting (not another) enemy guard post and shooting 9128374938124 enemies. In other words: there should be some reward by farming (killing over and over again) enemies.

- FC2 weapon shop system with unlocking weapons is imho stupid. Player should get some extra cool weapon for completing mission from weapon seller.

- Much more weapons, some not buyable (found somewhere, etc.). Much more items. More item types. You know... like in RPG games.

- "very extremly realistic" difficulty level in which player should hunt animals to get something to eat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, etc. True survival.

- "too much in the sun" effect and "too much in cold enviroment" (nights)? This would force player to avoid deserts/plain grounds and force him to sleep in safehouse. Mornings/evenings would be perfect time to hunt.

/edit
One more thing:
Far Cry 3 engine should be a proper combination of Dunia engine (FC2) and CryEngine 2 (Crysis). Because: Crysis has: no mouse lag, better player physics, volumetric clouds, etc. In other words all pros of CryEngine 2 (or 3?) should be present in FC3.

Really man !!! This is FarCry were playing Not GTA I mean if you want all of these to be in the game Then FarCry will be a PS3 Excusive !!! I agree with the shops thing and let me tell you The more Realistic it is the boring it will be let the game be 75% Non realistic and the other 25% realistic

maxcimus666
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jedilando:
@JonDumela

FC2 fixes:
- Darker nights

Enviroment:
- Higher mountains

RPG elements:

/edit
One more thing:

Really man !!! This is FarCry were playing Not GTA I mean if you want all of these to be in the game Then FarCry will be a PS3 Exclusive !!! I agree with the shops thing and let me tell you The more Realistic it is the boring it will be let the game be 75% Non realistic and the other 25% realistic

krizzern100
07-10-2011, 07:50 AM
I would enjoy playing this game with a friend AKA coop.
But it would been more fun if we could play on 2 different screen's.
I mean that my friend could sit on another room and playing the story line with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Not the split screen mode. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

BTW i loved the day and night system that was in FC2 i hope that the system is better in FC3.

surfer123321
07-14-2011, 02:20 AM
This is coming from my Clan, over 40 players with hundreds of hours of experience in game.

General Game Play:
-More variety of vehicles
-Leaning around corners
-The ability to walk up a slope or climb rocks like in real life.
-Prone
-More stamina when running
-Destructable small buildings and structures
-Gravity on bullets
-Weapon attachments
-Vehicles and weapons the degrade slower and don't jam, break, break down, or catch on fire as easily
-Reward players for exploring similar to the diamonds found in FC2
-Being able to fight in water rather then swimming around each other

Multiplayer: (based largely off the good success of BFBC2 by EA)
-Squad or team spawning
-Targeting (spotting)
-Class Customizations
-Larger maps
-Que line for full servers
-Possible place for match viewing by spectators of clan matches for tournaments etc
-Friends list that can contain at least 50 friends that you can join on into a server(good for friends and clans)
-Clan tag box like BFBC2 but easily changeable at a later time
-More game modes
-Less frequent "Ubisoft is down again guys, see you in 6-48 hours"
-Being able to join ranked games in progress

Server (& Admin control over those servers while in game) Control:
-More server control period
-Options/settings for adding weapon limits or auto kicking for certain offences like team killing to many times
-Auto server messaging options
-Being able to forcefully (without kicking or banning) move players from one team to the other.

Map Editor:
-Keep the map editor but make it so you can design pieces (possibly in different programs like blender or something that you can later add in) and snap things together
-WATER FEATURES (waterfalls, rivers, ice??)
-Tunnel Feature
-Elevator device that allos for players to be moved upwards quickly
-Comment box for custom maps to give the editor feedback
-Be able to color tone/hue change any item.
-Ways of changing the short cut keys

Surferboy

larkon7
07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Far Cry 3 for the PC:
I have extracted from other people's comments what I agree with. I think most people's suggestions are on the mark. Where I have disagreed, I have put my comments in parenthesis.) Items with three '***'s indicate essential items, two '**'s less so:

*** Being able to climb (almost all hills), at least ones that a person could walk up in real life. (With less unclimable hills.)

Being able to lean around corners to shoot.

*** Go prone. The bot hit rate should be half that of erect if I am kneeling, one eighth if I am prone.)

If not having night vision at least a flashlight. (Must purchase these, however.)

*** Maybe some dangerous animals, snakes, aligators, bear, Gorillas, lion, tiger, hyena, wild dogs, anything that could hurt you in the real wild. (At least snakes and lions, aligators when near water. Not too many, since any hunter knows that game is scarce and most tends to run away from humans, rather than seek them out. It's nice to see the animals. I think the density is about right.)

...sneak up on people, breaking neck from behind, slit throat with knife. (Would be nice to be able to do it. I'd like the hearing range of bots to be a bit farther. A rifle shot should alert all bots within a half mile, acoustic shadows causing exceptions. Also, I would like to be able to hear vehicles and walking from further distances, like real life. I should be able to hear people moving through tall grass, bushes, and weeds when nearby, but maybe not always. In short, more realistic hearing distances.)

Being able to use the butt of the gun to hit people, more mele weapons like maybe a sledge hammer. (Butt of gun. Maybe also be able to purchase a bayonet for rifles, or weapons which have a bayonet capability in real life.)

... (a) much larger level with more vareties of landscapes. (Bigger maps. Would make it less monotonous.)

Being able to command a squad of people, buddies
(At least for some scenarios.)

*** Also, a really good idea would be to have flashbangs and smoke grenades, since the lighting is so good these effects would be nice. (These would have to be purchased at the weapons store. There should be a total-pounds-of-equipment limit, or make manouverability be affected by the total weight you are carrying. This way we could choose our kit and ammo. The lighter you are, the longer you can sprint. Also, as ammo, etc is being expended, we get lighter. If you carry the full weight, movement rates are what they were in FC2, but as you get lighter, you can sprint farther, maybe faster. The gamer could choose, in this way, between speed or equipment carried, but don't make the character move slower than in FC2.)

...I would really like to see the next game take advantage of PHYSX technology. Also along with PhysX it would be amazing to see a setting in options to enable DirectX 11 hardware supported graphics. Then there could be liquid fire effects and real water effects, real glass breaking, oil spills, the possiblities are endless. (Without affecting frame rates to the point that the game is sluggish.)

** Ballistics <in FC2 bullet hits the target instantly. As we know in real world bullets travel some time before hitting a target> (However, the calculations for actual ballistics might slow down the game. Still, Battlefield 1942 had some ballistics and it worked.)

- Darker nights (I thought at first this would be more realistic, but it's hard enough to see through all of foliage. Maybe make this a selectable option, enable, disable, before the start of the game, or in Options.)

- Climb cliffs with rope <maybe harpoon with rope>. (I'll take just being able to climb the unclimable hills, or have less of them. What makes Far Cry great is the openess of the terrain. The ability to manouver and plan attacks from all directions. Too many real battles were won by going over "impassible" terrain, which wasn't guarded, because it was deemed impassible. The total number of cliffs should be kept to a minimum, as they are in real life.)

*** Fog after rain/fog in the morning. (But random, because it does not always fog after a rain. Weather effect are cool and add to the enjoyment of the game. Sometimes I find myself stopping and admiring the beauty of some scenery or weather condition. Cool.)

- Thunderstorm with thunderbolts causing fire <thunderbolts should have more probability of hitting high objects so player should avoid walking on higher grounds>. (Not a lot of it, but a few times would be a nice concern. Maybe no more that once a day, and not everyday. Usually there is only one thunderstorm a day, with most occuring around dawn or near dusk, but not all. I don't want Al Gore's world of craziness, but at least one or two during a week would be nice.)

*** Bigger plain grounds, grassland. (I think just more open terrain and less restrictive hills and mountains. I know some of it is for gameplay, but there should be less of it. I think most gamers want to try their tactics and be able to choose the direction of attack, some ways being better than others. Firing up or down should be slightly less effective depending on the angle, as it does in real life, it having to be due to gravity and ballistics.) The steeper, the less effective, but don't overdo it. Maybe 10 to 15 percent less hits.

*** In nights some enemies should sleep. (or in various stages, some alert and on guard, other asleep. Makes it seem more like night. Also, firepower effectiveness should be half that of daytime. The bots probability to see you should be half that of daytime, especially if you have camoflage on and are still.)

*** Random number of guards at guard stations, so you don't know if you got the all. The number should be random at each spot, with maybe four being the most common. Do a bell curve. Puts more uncertainty into the game.)

...the map should be scaled to 4-8 times bigger. (Big as you can make it and still have a fast frame rate.)

*** I'd like to see more battle statistics, like how many of the enemy I killed, and maybe by what weapon or method. How many vehicles I destroyed, my own vehicles reported separately. Maybe even how may buildings I destroyed. Also how many times I've been nicked, seriously wounded, or died.

*** Weapons purchases:
(Maybe more like CoD, being able to purchase scopes of various types, bayonets, silencers, flash suppressors, ghillie suit. The ability to take off these things in the field, refix as desired. Maybe I want a scope or a silencer for a mission, maybe I change my mind. Bayonets should affect accuracy a bit, when fixed. Silenced weapons should have a slightly reduced range. No matter what, the total weight of this equipment should be counted, as I suggested elsewhere in this post.)

*** I should be able to choose what primary and secondary weapons I want. The pistol selection in FC2 is OK, but maybe I want to carry a sniper rifle and a shotgun or submachinegun. Let me choose, not the game. Maybe make this a user selectable choice before the game, so those how like the FC2 method will be pleased too. Keep the three storage boxes.

*** FC2 weapon shop system (Maybe we can make a deal with the owner to say what weapon we want, and to make the challenge of getting it in proportion to its effectiveness. Maybe charge more diamonds for a special purchase; you know, demand increases price. I don't want to wait until the end of the game to get the weapon I want. The drawback should be that it costs me more diamonds or spondulix than if I were to wait for it to arrive later. I'd like to be able to use my favorite weapon for for most of the game. Maybe say that I am allowed only once such purchase.)

*** ...more weapons (especially assault weapons. Also, the M16 is too wimpy. Make it a bit more deadly. Make a full auto version. While I'm at it, maybe I should be able to select the type of fire on weapons which are selectable. Maybe purchase that ability at the weapons store.)

*** Enemy foot patrols on the grasslands at random. Make it a bit more dangerous to go overland, to make it more suspenseful, but don't overdo it. Maybe there aren't any patrols in an area, maybe there are. More uncertainty. The size of the patrols should vary and be random each time they spawn. I mean, they are looking for me, aren't they? The road patrols are OK as is.)

Far Cry 3 engine should be a proper combination of Dunia engine (FC2) and CryEngine 2 (Crysis). Because: Crysis has: no mouse lag, better player physics, volumetric clouds, etc. In other words all pros of CryEngine 2 (or 3?) should be present in FC3. (Frame rates should be reasonalble and good.)

- Nights with clouds and no moon should be 100% dark <even if you change brightness of the monitor to 100% you see nothing.> (I thought this was OK at first, but maybe it should be a user selectable option. If there are darker nights, then the game should have night vision, maybe heat vision. Night and heat vision should be separate devices and purchaseable in the weapons store. In any case, I should have the option of FC2 style or darker nights.)

Keep punkbuster, of course.

No more Malaria Pills... sheesh, what a pain.
(Or the pills should last a little longer, or I should be able to purchase pills in quantity. Charge high prices for quantity; we have a choice, more pills, more weapons. The weight of the pills should be included in the total weight carried)

*** Weapons should jam less frequently.

Maybe he shouldn't be able to carry as many molotov cocktails. I mean, carrying 4 glass bottles around, considering all the other equipment, is a bit much.

*** No more "off limits" hills... ridiculous not being able to climb hills. (But climb them slowly, as in real life. The steeper the hill, the slower the movement. Fatique should set in, based on the steepness of the slope. Cliff are unpassible, unless there is climbing gear. Maybe slipping and falling a bit the steeper the angle.)

*** No more running 25-30 steps and being out of breath. The guy needs more stamina!! (I understand he is carrying 80+ pounds of equipment, but he could at least jog a bit further, if not a sprint. He is supposed to be in top physical condition. See my comments elsewhere in this post about weight and purchases.)

*** (Less) weapon limits... Let me carry (2 main) weapons, but let them be MY choice. (Even if I choose to carry 2 submachineguns or a shotgun and a sniper rifle, or whatever combination. I the the way FC2 handled pistols was correct, but I should be able to carry 2. If we limit the amount of weight I can carry to 80 lbs or so, this will affect what I purchase and can carry.)

*** After wiping an outpost, it should take some (realistic) time to redeploy replacements.

*** (FC2 AI can be clever, but too often they just stand in the open saying, in essence, 'Hit me, take a free shot.') Let them use cover better, employ squad tactics and suppressive fire rather than running out into the open to get their dumb heads shot off one-by-one....

*** Get rid of the annoying all-seeing enemy mortars. If they don't have a line of site to you, or an observer who does, they shouldn't be able to hit you. (Too arcady.)

- As somebody already said, real ballistics. Maybe with a shooting range where you can practice freely with different weapons.

*** I would just love to have a wrist watch 24/7 instead having to wait to enter safehouse to tell time. (YES, YES, YES)

Being a stealth player <not a rambo player,> I do like to know the exact time for certain moves. Now all I can do is look up to the sun ( if it's daytime and not pouring rain ) bring up my map and see according to my green arrow if sun is in east or west. Map does help that way but a good ole timex on the wrist would be a lot better. Right Devs? (Agree, need a watch. Maybe it can malfunction after trauma, but don't overdo it like with the malaria thing. I can purchase a replacement at the weapons store.)

i would like to see more options with the map editor!!!!!!!! weather contions were cool but we need more then just the basics. hard rain effects, snow fall, fully distrucable bulding more powerful explosions and please give the player more stamina with running....if we bulding a map give us the option to film it and make highted cuts of the best kills in game.

if you run out of ammo you can hold the weapon like a bat to hit

*** The enemy re-spawn times to be more realistic. No more of the drive 100 meters away, turn around and Scotty beamed down a new platoon for me to kill.

***...modern weapons erode (too fast.)

*** Maybe let us choose how much ammo we want to carry for each type of weapon. This could be done by saying we can carry on X number of pounds, then let us choose the mix. So if I want 24 darts, but less rifle or pistol ammo, I could do it. Or, maybe I am allowed to carry only so many total rounds, but I get to select the mix.

(The guard's) AI was incredibly dumb...I can easily down a bad guy in to his "crawl off to a wall and lay down" mode. (after i have to empty a whole clip of uzi ammo into him) and i can just walk on over sideways to him, and because they have a "VISION BARRIER" they don't seem to want to turn they're head another 2 degrees to shoot me or even look at me. (i mess with them at this point) so i'd love to see some incredibly smart AI in Far Cry 3.

-a grappling hook for climbing! (like BF2)

-able to look around more in a vehicle

*** the flamethrower needs to be given (a bit)...more range, (burned bodies should be black.)

*** also, we need customized attachments. different scopes, sights and grips.

-ENVIRONMENT-
** First off: more animals. (Actually, if you are a hunter, you know how rare it is to find game. I think the amount of animals is realistic, but I would like the chance to be eaten by lion, or kill it first, or to be bitten by a snake, but hear its rattle first to see if I can avoid it.)-more destruction with the environment (blowing up trees, being able to cut plants with machette)

*** Fire -- allow it to go uncontrolled for much longer, maybe burn a square mile of that parched grass. The size of the burnt area should be random, but more extensive, and it should be pushed based on the wind direction and speed.

*** More unarmed civilians roaming about, with fines for killing them -- you forfeit diamonds for each civilian killed. That would be the incentive not to kill them. The place doesn't have to be crawling with them, but every now and then would be nice. It would add a bit of suspense to firefights -- is that person in the distance an enemy or a civilian. Most civilians will hide if they hear a firefight, so they should flee and hide in such cases.

Well, this is what I agree with. I know there is a lot of redundancy, but I copied and pasted from other peoples comments to save time. I think the summary is this: Gamers generally want more realism, less arcade. FC2 is one of my favorite games. It's probably the one I've played the longest, that is, longer than any other game.

cap06gunner
07-16-2011, 04:15 AM
everything which has been said I pretty much agree with. but god damn I want to customize my online character. I want to choose his face, hair, build, race, everything!

janhofste
07-16-2011, 11:11 AM
What I would like to see in Far Cry 3:

-Automatic/semi-automatic modes on the weapons.
-A "walk" button.
-Being able to go prone to maximize weapon accuracy.
-Being able to holster your weapon (so you can move more quickly, jump higher etc.)
-Melee action.
-Fix the "one-minute-respawn-time" of enemies (everybody knows what I am talking about)
-I actually liked the Malaria feature in Farcry 2, it would be nice to have it again.
-Make the map in your HUD optional. It's more chalenging if you cannot see where the opponents are.

The demo video looks great by the way!

Greetings,

Johnny

xxDATAxx
07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I have a few comments on this subject, most of it pertains to multiplayer only.

#1 Dedicated servers! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif (Needed for longevity of the game)

#2 Keep FC2 fire propagation! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif (Fun times right there)

#3 Bring Assault Mode back! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif (This was THE F.C. staple in multiplayer)

#4 Keep the options for camo and weapons similar to the setting/environment.

#5 If I can see it, I want to be able to go there. If I can go there I want to be able to climb it, and if need be I want to be able to jump from it. (I.E. Climbing tools, and maybe even a parachute that can only be used at certain elevations)

That's what I got for now, I'm sure I'll think of more later.

JoshBeasley
06-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Heres my wishlist for far cry 3

Before i do my list PLEASEEEEE for the love of god put the prone feature back in, if there was one thing i hated about far cry 2 was not being able to lay down.... i mean who doesn't love crawling around as a sniper, or sneaking up or past patrols while in prone, or even sneaking under a boardwalk or shack... /PRONE\ if theres ONE thing i had to pick it would be prone

Anyway heres my entire wishlist

-PRONE
-Wildlife also dangerous ones like sharks, snakes and alligators
-customisable guns
-Some form of currancy
-Ability to lean around corners
-Ability to sell things for money not just weapons but spare parts of treasures you find
-Massive map and i mean MASSIVE
-No more unclimable mountains which just block your way
-Shops which will sell a whole lot of stuff
-Maybe quad bikes like in farcry 1
-A lot of secret places on the map
-Being able to catch diseases but nothing you can't cure
-Very dense jungle areas so you actually feel like your lost.. that would be awesome
-Allow fire to last a bit longer and spread more
-Being able to hold 3 weapons e.g 2 main guns and a side arm
-Better enviroment e.g Thunderstorms.. also darker nights so i tourch is sometimes required
-More stamina
-Able to climb up steeper hills (but slowly of course)
-Maybe a main village where everyones friendly.... a place where you find shops
-Some trees fall down when shot with heavy weapons like 50 cal.... also like far cry 2.. allow branches and leaves to be shot off, that was awesome

The only thing i can think of for map editor is more objects... sounds silly but lava?...waterfalls... weak trees that can be shot down

JoshBeasley
06-18-2012, 02:41 AM
News for you: one good and one bad... There will be snakes, there is no prone

****! i cant see why they would take it out, in my opinion i think it makes the game a whole lot better ( thanks for the reply man)

DKJiN
06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
I heard that they took out weapon jamming. I actually want it in the game because it adds that realism. They could add an option to turn it on/off. Also random events like in Fallout like maybe a random gunfight between Vass's pirates and Citra's rebels in the jungle. And LOTS of easter eggs. Maybe add an animal companion.(Dog, monkey or even a parrot) And the ability to craft a makeshift weapon out of random materials.

angstik
06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I've read that we can tame some beasts. Definitly great (want my own cassowarry). What I want? Hmmm... I guess having a look at my signature just answers the question.