PDA

View Full Version : DRM

cotycrg
10-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey. Just asking for some info, guys.

Remember back, way back, in Assassin's Creed 1, where I could buy a game, and then play it?

Hey, guys, remember a little while back, when we could buy Assassin's Creed 2, have ERRORS due to nothing but the DRM, spend 2-5 hours uninstalling/reinstalling/uninstalling/reinstalling AC2, until finally giving up, and simply pirating the game, AFTER PAYING FOR IT? You guys remember that? Of course you do.

Well. My question is, will there be DRM in this as well? I REALLY disapprove of it. (ALSO, also, Ubi, also. Did you know it is now legal to crack DRMs? Yup. So even if you do do it, then I'm cracking it the second I get the game._

bokeef04
10-28-2010, 11:30 PM
oh joy, just what we needed, another DRM thread

as far as i know it will be in the PC version of AC:B, i'm pretty sure it's stock standard for all pc Ubi games, also can you provide a link where it says it's legal to crack the DRM's?

i find it amazing how people complain about this but don't seem to realise the billion of other programs that are just like it e.g windows requires to be activated online, to use genius bar in itunes you have to send information on your library to apple or the multitude of examples in real life, e.g registering and insuring vehicles, xray machines/bomb testing/searches at airports(I'm not a terrorist, why should i be punished having to go through all that?) and don't get me started on being stopped for RBT(random breath test)

Mr_Shade
10-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by cotycrg:
Ubi, also. Did you know it is now legal to crack DRMs? Yup. So even if you do do it, then I'm cracking it the second I get the game._

Since your new, let me address that before I lock the thread, due to there already being a thread about the DRM..

The Digital Millennium Act, which I guess your referring too?, seems to be a 'catch all' for people looking for a legal excuse to crack any software or game.. to bypass DRM or copy protection

It makes it 'legal' to dissemble the code, for investigative purposes, but you need to do that yourself by hand coding [which has always been legal]

Downloading a pre-written 'crack' to bypass DRM or ANY copy protection is still illegal - sorry to tell you.

It appears many people with no intention of paying for software, have seen this as an open invitation to steal software, it's not..

And just so you know, further chat about piracy will see your account suspended.