PDA

View Full Version : Please help - can't get past Cannon in Chapt. One

jtrunzo
07-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I know . . . I'm terrible at these but I do really enjoy them.

I just can't make it past the part where you must man a cannon as the Yankees cross the river on rafts. I can't hit them on the rafts and once on shore, I simply can't keep up with all of them. Dang Cannon seems like it only kills one at a time! LOL.

Am I missing something, doing something wrong (other than just being lousy!)? Do you stay at the cannon or abandon it and move to another location?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Doc.Canis
07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
You have to aim a lot higher than your target. You can kill all the rafts before they get to shore.

Raide
07-01-2009, 04:13 PM
The best idea is to aim much higher that usual and check the shot distance by watching the cannonball hit the water. Once you have the range sorted, you can just move left and right and just catch each group of enemies at the same range.

A little practice and you will find it much easier but I did have the same problem at the start too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jtrunzo
07-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice of you both to help. I'm much older and have some health problems. These games let me escape for a bit. That's why I appreciate you helping and not flaming me.

So thank you again!

Tritak
07-02-2009, 07:37 AM
How do you know your much older jtrunzo? I'm 38, are you much older than me? LOL. I had the same problem as you. But these guys are right. Use the cannon like you would really use it. If you cant get them with a straight shot, shoot with an arc. I didn't get all the rafts on my way through, but would just blow the guys that made to shore to bits. Took me a few tries to figure out I could hit the rafts. Hell, the first time, I didn't even SEE the rafts LOL.