PDA

View Full Version : Stealth based game?

kensaisword
07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Greetings. Newb in this forum. This game looks pretty awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif Is it going to be a stealth based game like Looking Glass'steampunk game Thief and WW2 game Hidden and Dangerous 2 where you can hide in the shadows, sneak behind your intended victim, and stab or choke them to death silently without anyone else noticing you there? Or is it going to be stab and slash all the way (aka run and gun shooters)? I prefer stealth-based games working in the shadows or the dark corners. I saw the videos and can one be able to shoot their crossbow at their target from a distance or throw a small throwing knife at them from a distance? Will it be open ended where you visit a tavern where Crusader Feudal Sergeants and European merchants/gangsters hang out in or a Hookah smoking room where Saracen Captains and merchants/gangsters hang out in where they hire you as a hitman for missions like in Freelancer? Thanks for any answers I get.

kensaisword
07-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Greetings. Newb in this forum. This game looks pretty awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif Is it going to be a stealth based game like Looking Glass'steampunk game Thief and WW2 game Hidden and Dangerous 2 where you can hide in the shadows, sneak behind your intended victim, and stab or choke them to death silently without anyone else noticing you there? Or is it going to be stab and slash all the way (aka run and gun shooters)? I prefer stealth-based games working in the shadows or the dark corners. I saw the videos and can one be able to shoot their crossbow at their target from a distance or throw a small throwing knife at them from a distance? Will it be open ended where you visit a tavern where Crusader Feudal Sergeants and European merchants/gangsters hang out in or a Hookah smoking room where Saracen Captains and merchants/gangsters hang out in where they hire you as a hitman for missions like in Freelancer? Thanks for any answers I get.

noobfun
07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kensaisword:
Greetings. Newb in this forum. This game looks pretty awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif Is it going to be a stealth based game like Looking Glass'steampunk game Thief and WW2 game Hidden and Dangerous 2 where you can hide in the shadows, sneak behind your intended victim, and stab or choke them to death silently without anyone else noticing you there? Or is it going to be stab and slash all the way (aka run and gun shooters)? I prefer stealth-based games working in the shadows or the dark corners. I saw the videos and can one be able to shoot their crossbow at their target from a distance or throw a small throwing knife at them from a distance? Will it be open ended where you visit a tavern where Crusader Feudal Sergeants and European merchants/gangsters hang out in or a Hookah smoking room where Saracen Captains and merchants/gangsters hang out in where they hire you as a hitman for missions like in Freelancer? Thanks for any answers I get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your not a freelancer, you belong to a small religeous faction and do the killings they say is neccessary

its stealth jim but not as we know it, you dont hide in shadows (thief/splintercell style) you use the old addage the best place to hide is in plain sight

you use social stealth, blending into the crowds becoming just another face

if your actions are seen as unusual, running and shoving people out the way, unsheathing your sword, jumping up and down like your bunny hopping on halo death match will all draw attention from the crowd around you (as well as the guards) and if your really acting in a strange way they may even go and find guards

you can ignore that and try and hack and slash your way, the combat system is based on realistic sword fighting techniques, you parry until theres an opening then kill them with 1 or a quick combo of stabs/slashes

the same applies to you, 1 hit and your dead so fighting the several hundred guards of jerusalem head on isnt going to get you very far

there are crossbows and throwing knives confirmed, but from what has been said they are off limits when taking out the actual target individual

heres the link to the all known facts thread -&gt;here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5701064934)&lt;-

it will answer many of your questions