PDA

View Full Version : Night Missions

DRZin1952
02-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I wrote a night mission for my Black P-38 L a few night’s ago and I noticed that the map that comes up in the plane is so bright compared to the rest of screen that it makes it to hard to use. To fix this problem I went back to the stationary objects window and put airfield fire along the rout to the target and did not use the map.
Is there a way to dim the map? If not my suggestion would be to make a night time map.
Any chance of that?

hotspace
02-27-2006, 04:51 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean m8 about dimming the map, but if you're talking about what I'm thinking (the night sky) it depends on what map your using.

Which one is it btw?

STENKA_69.GIAP
02-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Yes - I know what you mean. Having made several long night missions like Tarento and Dambusters I found no way round it - if you open map on screen it kills your nightsight. Do screenshots from the map in full mission builder, print these and stick together to give you a paper route map to follow - just like in real life.

After that go into conf.ini and minimise lines in chat bar etc. so that radio messages and stuff don't clog up your screen with bright text. I haven't been able to get rid of them all but it helps. After that kill lights in room before taking off and get a small red penlight.

Do a test run to see if ground features are visible and if neccesary raise monitor brilliance .

Of course this sim is not set up for night missions, it would be nice if you could adjust colour/brilliance of screen text, nice if AI didn't insist on flying with nav lights, nice if engine exhausts glowed with blue flames, need parachute flares, incendiary bombs and I'm still waiting for my Swordfish, Wellington, Lancaster and flyable U2....

Oh well, I'll dream on cos what the masses want is more fighters with tank killing 50 cals/yet more 109s etc...

OK shut up Stenka - you did get a mosquito, and an 88 and they were free....

DoBravery
02-27-2006, 07:06 AM
nice if AI didn't insist on flying with nav lights,

The original IL2 was pretty cool for trying to hunt down bombers in the pitch black. No nav lights.

DRZin1952
02-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Hey STENKA_69.GIAP thanks for the reply,
printing the map is a good idea but I still don't know when I get to the first waypoint and then the target.Well if I get close enougt to the target the searchlights come on and they start shooting at me, he,he,he, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Maybe I should learn how to navigate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DRZin1952
02-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Hey HotSpace thanks for your reply,
What I mean by dimming the map is being able to make it less bright or brighter.

DRZin1952
02-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi DoBravery, Thanks for your reply,
to over ride the nav light thing ,
Just go to controls and assign it a key on you key board and turn them off and on at will.

LameDuck.
02-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Have you considered turning down the brightness of your monitor?

Zeus-cat
02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Different monitors display the same mission in different degrees of light. What looked kind of dark on my monitor was pitch black on someone else's.

Play with different maps, the time of day (for the moon and ambient light) and cloud cover.

VW-IceFire
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DRZin1952:
Hi DoBravery, Thanks for your reply,
to over ride the nav light thing ,
Just go to controls and assign it a key on you key board and turn them off and on at will.
THat works well for your plane but not for the AI aircraft which think its peachy to just fly around with their nav lights blaring for all to see.

Night missions I've avoided making because of this problem.

DRZin1952
02-28-2006, 07:13 AM
oh, you're talking about AI's nav lights.

DRZin1952
02-28-2006, 07:18 AM
This is one for the game designers, I think the map should had night mode, that’s my suggestion.