PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Assasins Creed and its FREEZZING!!!

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Okay. I just bought it yesterday for my PS3 and within around 10 minutes of playing, it froze! WTF!!! I worked so hard to get it!! lol. but seriously. I've reasearched it today and I read articles that there was a patch that came out but those articles were published in November. Its January already.

-The version for my PS3 is 2.10
-I tried disabling the internet on the Information bar but still freezes

Also, when it freezes, I cant move or anything. I seen videos on youtube of the freezing glitches, but the ppo could still move around the cam. When mine freezes, I cant move the cam or nothing. I cant even quit the game or turn it off because the PS button doesnt do anything. It just totally freezes. So I have the hold onto the power button to turn it off.

wtf?!?!? Is there a patch out already? How do i get it?

Chionubiforums
01-04-2008, 12:46 AM
That's a new one.. this error seems to be getting worse and worse..

I'll have a look into it with my assassin bretheren.. See if we can dig something up for you.

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 01:54 AM
you mean that wen your guys game freezes, u can still turn it off through the controller?

DreamerM
01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Yours is a common problem. Try downloading the patch offline. If problems still persist, uh...

Fortunately the auto-saves are frequent, so constant restarts are vexing but not crippling...

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 02:08 AM
so if i keep turning my ps3 off like this, it wont ruin it?

and how do i get this patch offline?

man, i just wanna play the game. ya know watta mean? i feel like a game tester lol.

DreamerM
01-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Ubisoft released a downloadable patch that is supposed to fix some of the problems...

And no, if you keep collecting flags and exploring the landscape, you'll save regularly enough to not really loose that much whenever you have to restart. You save every time you pick up a flag.

AirRon_2K7
01-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by boo2hed:
so if i keep turning my ps3 off like this, it wont ruin it?

and how do i get this patch offline?

man, i just wanna play the game. ya know watta mean? i feel like a game tester lol.

It won't ruin it, but it's not good for it. You could try swapping the disc, might not do anything, but then again - it may help.

samsezhi
01-04-2008, 05:50 PM
this happened to me also. i put up with it for a week thinking it was normal but it froze at least 2 in a couple of hours. i just took it back to the shop and exchanged it for a new one which works fine. hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
im not sure if i downloaded the patch already... wen i first started the game, there was this long load with the assassins creed theme. it was white with the bar at the bottum. as if it was downloading something. was that the patch?

spazzoo1025
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by boo2hed:
im not sure if i downloaded the patch already... wen i first started the game, there was this long load with the assassins creed theme. it was white with the bar at the bottum. as if it was downloading something. was that the patch?

a screen would of come up saying something abt a patch, i dont think theyd be able to integrate the patch download into the actual game

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 08:27 PM
i dont know....

wen i go into game data utility, theres a file called Assassins Creed 1.10

the file size is 1370

and i dont think that is a game save b/c the game saves are in another folder.

was that the patch i downloaded?

is there a newer patch?

spazzoo1025
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
yo no se, yo no tengo un PS3

boo2hed
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
huh??? is that the patch?!

and check this out: CLick (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreed/video_player.html?id=dyZilzCs5bwMvj_Y)

see, wen my game freezes, u cant move the camera at all. or press the ps button. it COMPLETELY freezes. is mines the only one that freezes like that?

ZmeySPB
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
yo no se, yo no tengo un PS3

why do you use "yo"? it's not necessary, the "se" already states that you're talking about yourself

HUH

spazzoo1025
01-04-2008, 08:53 PM
im sorry!! im only in spanish 3!!

ZmeySPB
01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
well then...

YOU FAIL!

lolz

anim8r_2uk
01-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I just bought this game the other day also. I got up to tutorial 3 or 4... the one where you have to climb the ladder to break line of sight... and the game froze. i left it for 10 minutes hopeing it would unfreeze.... nothing. I had to restart my machine. When the PS3 restarted it said 'Cannot start. The correct Hard Disk could not be found'. This game broke my PS3. I have not upgraded the PS3 in anyway, it is the standard 60Gb version. I have just bought a new hard drive for it, but this game is going back to the shop.... typical Ubisoft.... cant make a game that works to save themselves.