PDA

View Full Version : Sparkling floor spider-web thing in crowds.

AetosEagle
10-31-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't even know where to begin here...

Will there be an option to turn this off? I mean, it's a bit over the top isn't it? Lines zigzagging left right and center and dots of white slapped in there following you when your in a crowd?

Surely there wasn't a better way of portraying this, what would be the reason behind doing it like that?

So far this is my only concern of the game, the game looks ridiculously amazing, but this just seems a bit too... I dunno.

Views?

Altaezio
10-31-2009, 07:20 PM
i've heard that you CAN turn it off. as well as some other animus effects, nd also taking off sections of the HUD are optional

Xanatos2007
10-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Patrice said that you'd be able to turn everything off; subtitles, HUD, everything. Hopefully he meant in-game effects as well such as the floor web.

AetosEagle
10-31-2009, 07:29 PM
That will be my first visit to the options menu then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SBRedFlag
10-31-2009, 07:45 PM
I like it, in recent vids, it's been less noticable.

Edengoth
10-31-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it's sexy. But I agree, it could have been more subtle and your blendedness indicator could have been kept in the HUD.

Phobos14
10-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I havent heard or seen anything about this. Could someone post a link to a video or an image with an example for me?

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Xanatos2007
10-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Look for the Florence gameplay video, a white constellation grid-thing appears on the ground to indicate where Ezio can throw coins.

Phobos14
10-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Look for the Florence gameplay video, a white constellation grid-thing appears on the ground to indicate where Ezio can throw coins.

Thank you sir!

NekoKera
10-31-2009, 10:17 PM
The "white spider-web" means you are officially blended into the crowd and your notoriety is drastically lowered as long as you can predict and follow/stay in the group of people for the period of time you need to be blended in. Also it is the people who are most affected by your actions such as tossing coins, ect.

Xanatos2007
10-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Not really, when I played ACII a few weeks back I was blending in a moving crowd, there was no white grid.

NekoKera
10-31-2009, 10:59 PM
True, I have noticed in some early gameplays that the white grid does not appear in the Venice Gameplay Carnival. Oh well, I plan to keep most of the HUD on when playing, was put there for a reason so might as well put it to use. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Phobos14
10-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I found one video of it, searching what was suggested, and it really didnt make much sense until i came back here and read what it was all about. It will be interesting to see it first hand, with my controller in hand.

I havent watched a lot of game play videos as i want to be somewhat oblivious to the game when i get it.

wapikas
11-01-2009, 07:04 AM
it seems that in AC2 there are beside "sparkling spider web floor thing" a lot more annoying shining sparkling things, like those hidden money chests, (hidden) doors, wanted posters and so on. I really hope that there is option to turn off all the sparkling (feels like twilight all over again), ohterwise hidden things aren't so hidden and with sparkling wanted posters, it removes challenge to find and remove wanted posters in the streets. it's not like in AC1 when you had to find thugs to pickpocket, imagine if in AC1 there had been sparkling thugs so you could identify them more easily from crowd. I think that with all that sparkling, it just ruins overall AC2 visual look.

El_Sjietah
11-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by wapikas:
it seems that in AC2 there are beside "sparkling spider web floor thing" a lot more annoying shining sparkling things, like those hidden money chests, (hidden) doors, wanted posters and so on. I really hope that there is option to turn off all the sparkling (feels like twilight all over again), ohterwise hidden things aren't so hidden and with sparkling wanted posters, it removes challenge to find and remove wanted posters in the streets. it's not like in AC1 when you had to find thugs to pickpocket, imagine if in AC1 there had been sparkling thugs so you could identify them more easily from crowd. I think that with all that sparkling, it just ruins overall AC2 visual look.

Now, now, the thick and oblivious need a way to complete this game as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-01-2009, 07:36 AM
yeh you have to remember a lot of people struggled when they had to find their own view points in AC1.

SBRedFlag
11-01-2009, 08:01 AM
How can you miss circling eages in a cloudless sky? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

texas1656
11-01-2009, 08:02 AM
i dont think shiny objects will be that big of a deal have any of yall played borderlands on the assemble gun missions they have a waypoint to the general area the objects shine and have a light sticking out of them and some of them are still a pain to find

JorisGoedhuys
11-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by texas1656:
i dont think shiny objects will be that big of a deal have any of yall played borderlands on the assemble gun missions they have a waypoint to the general area the objects shine and have a light sticking out of them and some of them are still a pain to find

well in some trailers and dev dairy's you can see a feather or something without even look closly, but i dont care cuz i dont even like collecting that stuff (i'm still looking for the last flags in Damascus!)

z0nnebril
11-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by AetosEagle:
I don't even know where to begin here...

Will there be an option to turn this off? I mean, it's a bit over the top isn't it? Lines zigzagging left right and center and dots of white slapped in there following you when your in a crowd?

Surely there wasn't a better way of portraying this, what would be the reason behind doing it like that?

So far this is my only concern of the game, the game looks ridiculously amazing, but this just seems a bit too... I dunno.

Views?

The people turn gray also if you blend in with them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

AetosEagle
11-01-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm not saying it shouldn't be in the game, but if they had have done it a little less frantically and over the top, I wouldn't have a problem. But seeing as it looks like someone has spilt all the glitter and PVA glue all over the floor whenever I enter a crowd, I'm going to turn it off straight away. I'd rather play without that mess than with. And another thing I'm turning off is the bird-waypoint system.

Cornik22
11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
The people turn gray also if you blend in with them
Thatīs what I was going to say. Either way it looks pretty bad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

NuclearFuss
11-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by AetosEagle:
I'm not saying it shouldn't be in the game, but if they had have done it a little less frantically and over the top, I wouldn't have a problem. But seeing as it looks like someone has spilt all the glitter and PVA glue all over the floor whenever I enter a crowd, I'm going to turn it off straight away. I'd rather play without that mess than with. And another thing I'm turning off is the bird-waypoint system.

I think that can't be turned off, because it's for people who don't the gps on.

AetosEagle
11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
It can, in one of the first "exclusive" interviews Patrice revealed the new version waypoint was birds, the interviewer asked if they were optional and he said they can be turned off at any time in the game.

NuclearFuss
11-01-2009, 09:15 AM
oh sorry!

AetosEagle
11-01-2009, 09:16 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I wasn't being mean.

darkghost1995
11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I'll play the first hour or so with it on to see how it works in game and then decide if I should turn it off, same with the HUD