PDA

View Full Version : LAUNCH DAY NEWS STORY



drmullin
11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Dexter Mullins and I'm a student at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York. Is anyone planning to get a copy of the new Assassin's Creed on Midnight Tuesday, and wouldn't mind being the subject of a feature video story? I'm working on a short piece about people who camp out late at night to get their hands on video games first and would love to feature someone!

Oatkeeper
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by drmullin:
Hello everyone!

My name is Dexter Mullins and I'm a student at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York. Is anyone planning to get a copy of the new Assassin's Creed on Midnight Tuesday, and wouldn't mind being the subject of a feature video story? I'm working on a short piece about people who camp out late at night to get their hands on video games first and would love to feature someone!

I havn't camped out for a game since Super Smash Bros Brawl.

drmullin
11-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Do you plan to get the new copy on Tuesday night? and are you in NYC?

Nick1021
11-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm sure he is some pedophile.

piercedthrough
11-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
I'm sure he is some pedophile.
Lawl

davo1270
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drmullin:
Hello everyone!

My name is Dexter Mullins and I'm a student at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York. Is anyone planning to get a copy of the new Assassin's Creed on Midnight Tuesday, and wouldn't mind being the subject of a feature video story? I'm working on a short piece about people who camp out late at night to get their hands on video games first and would love to feature someone!

I havn't camped out for a game since Super Smash Bros Brawl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao, mee too, i like stayed for 6 hours at the store in line till midnight

xsatanicjokerx
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM
In New Zealand there are no lines at midnight launches you just stroll in at 12, pick the game up and go home. takes like maybe 20min

itsamea-mario
11-12-2010, 04:22 PM
perhaps a thief, trying to find out when people will be out?

or both...

drmullin
11-12-2010, 04:24 PM
No, I'm not a thief (it would really bad of any criminal to post their plot on a thread) I'm a student reporter trying to find a source for this story on Tuesday.

Nick1021
11-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by drmullin:
No, I'm not a thief (it would really bad of any criminal to post their plot on a thread) I'm a student reporter trying to find a source for this story on Tuesday.
Or maybe a psychotic 54 year old pedophile that eats cereal in his basement.

lilbacchant
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
No offense, but wouldn't you be better served to check around at local gaming stores to inquire as to whether they expect lines?

Then when you find one, or some, just show up yourself at midnight, or before, and start yappin-up the gamers.

(That's what I'd do.)

Nick1021
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
No offense, but wouldn't you be better served to check around at local gaming stores to inquire as to whether they expect lines?

Then when you find one, or some, just show up yourself at midnight, or before, and start yappin-up the gamers.

(That's what I'd do.)

itsamea-mario
11-12-2010, 04:42 PM
basement cereal is the best, don't dis.

well, if you are a journalist, you could just try going there and seeing if anyone is willing to talk.

and if you are a theif, then no thats not a stupid idea, infact seems rather smart.
by using these forums, (or w/e) and some willing sucka , tells you their name, they don't need to tell you the city, or even area as this can be worked out, by which shop they're going to. and with there name you can find their adress. you wait till around midnight, break in and steal all there stuff, and if you are especially evil, you steal their console.

infact i like this so much i might try it, or not...

Justin125
11-12-2010, 04:50 PM
you can interview me but i will have the game in about 15 Hours.....God it's like time is slowing down.

I also live in Jersey City

drmullin
11-12-2010, 05:21 PM
I've actually managed to get access to the prelaunch set up in the GameStop on 106th and Broadway. While I could just do the "shotgun journalist" run up to a stranger approach, I would rather get to know the person better and produce a better feature video.

Nick1021
11-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Justin125:
you can interview me but i will have the game in about 15 Hours.....God it's like time is slowing down.

I also live in Jersey City
How will you get the game in 15 hours if it comes out in 4 days.

LaCava1
11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin125:
you can interview me but i will have the game in about 15 Hours.....God it's like time is slowing down.

I also live in Jersey City
How will you get the game in 15 hours if it comes out in 4 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was about to say the same thing. BUT...
It's actually 3 days, 7 hours, 27 minutes, and 30 seconds. I have a countdown clock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drmullin
11-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, I don't know if I can work with the guy in Jersey without some more details on how you have the game ahead of schedule. but If anyone is going to be in NYC or going to the Gamestop on 106 and broadway please let me know.

Justin125
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
No I actually will have the game in 14 Hours now because of the game store by my house sells it when he gets it in his store... he never waits for release date unless he can't pick it up earlier.. I always get my game a few days or weeks in advance.

lilbacchant
11-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Justin125:
No I actually will have the game in 14 Hours now because of the game store by my house sells it when he gets it in his store... he never waits for release date unless he can't pick it up earlier.. I always get my game a few days or weeks in advance.

Just a suggestion: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
Don't give out any more details about your 'source' ... you don't want to get him in trouble. (They might be able to fine retailers that release the game early or, at the very least, refuse to ship to him in the future.)

Nick1021
11-12-2010, 08:43 PM
You are so lucky.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

drmullin
11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Is anyone going to be buying a copy of the game from the GameStop on 106th and Broadway, or any other Manhattan Gamestop?

Black_Widow9
11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Some people may not want to give you their information. If you look in the Forum Rules under Online Safety (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947#I) you will see why. Please don't Spam other Threads if no one answers you.
Thanks

D173120T
11-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi dexter,its got bugger all to do with your post,but we might be related.You never know!

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
In New Zealand there are no lines at midnight launches you just stroll in at 12, pick the game up and go home. takes like maybe 20min
Seconded.
There were 5 people waiting to get their consoles when I went to the Games Plus midnight release of the PS3, and I was the one in front.

Then everyone else came, picked up, and left.

I was the first person there to receive a console, and probably the last to get it home. My girlfriend worked there and I was her transport.