PDA

View Full Version : (minor) frustrations

tswaters
01-01-2009, 05:08 AM
ok, so i just got through the game after getting it on boxing day.

a few frustrations i felt needed letting out:

1 - annoying npcs. the begging lady. "pleease sir, i just need some money. i'm cold and sick and hungry... pleease sir, i'm poor" repeat. repeat. repeat. and throw a rock at you while you're climbing for good measure... if i could give her money to shut her up, i surely would. those jerks that push you around for no good reason are a pain in the arse too. i'd actually assassinate both in the shadows i encountered them with enough health.

2 - collecting flags. why put such a pointless aspect of the game in there? at least build it into the automap somehow ... i found myself going over the same areas time and time again looking for a flag i got the first time round. and for what? an achievement. hurray, i'm the keeper of the kingdom, was that really worth the hours i spent sifting through the map with a fine-toothed comb? no.

3 - force doesn't match the crime. i found myself surrounded by 20 angry guards every time i bumped into one. sure, if i'm a "cop killa" then there should be 20 guards around me... but after a simple bump, they're screaming "assassin!"? this was especially frustrating on the informant missions, when you try so hard to kill those 1-5 guys silently only to bump a guard at the very end & have to do the whole thing over again.

4 - continual beeping. whenever i was flashing red, or out of the line of sight, there's a beep beep beep for as long as the state continues. very annoying.

aside from those minor frustrations, i would say this is probably one of the best games i've played in a long time. the innovation shown on so many fronts makes me wonder why i only got this game now. looking forward to #2 ... although, it seems that many others have been waiting for quite a bit longer than i... sure hope they don't leave us hanging.

tswaters
01-01-2009, 05:08 AM
ok, so i just got through the game after getting it on boxing day.

a few frustrations i felt needed letting out:

1 - annoying npcs. the begging lady. "pleease sir, i just need some money. i'm cold and sick and hungry... pleease sir, i'm poor" repeat. repeat. repeat. and throw a rock at you while you're climbing for good measure... if i could give her money to shut her up, i surely would. those jerks that push you around for no good reason are a pain in the arse too. i'd actually assassinate both in the shadows i encountered them with enough health.

2 - collecting flags. why put such a pointless aspect of the game in there? at least build it into the automap somehow ... i found myself going over the same areas time and time again looking for a flag i got the first time round. and for what? an achievement. hurray, i'm the keeper of the kingdom, was that really worth the hours i spent sifting through the map with a fine-toothed comb? no.

3 - force doesn't match the crime. i found myself surrounded by 20 angry guards every time i bumped into one. sure, if i'm a "cop killa" then there should be 20 guards around me... but after a simple bump, they're screaming "assassin!"? this was especially frustrating on the informant missions, when you try so hard to kill those 1-5 guys silently only to bump a guard at the very end & have to do the whole thing over again.

4 - continual beeping. whenever i was flashing red, or out of the line of sight, there's a beep beep beep for as long as the state continues. very annoying.

aside from those minor frustrations, i would say this is probably one of the best games i've played in a long time. the innovation shown on so many fronts makes me wonder why i only got this game now. looking forward to #2 ... although, it seems that many others have been waiting for quite a bit longer than i... sure hope they don't leave us hanging.

IanXO4
01-01-2009, 08:48 AM
1 - almost all of your street level motion should be in running or sprinting mode. you'll run right by the beggars and trouble makers so fast that they wont have the chance to bother you. if you are about to bump into an uninformed guard, press gentle push. your speed doesnt matter as long as your are holding this button the before impact. for informed gaurds, slow to running (not sprinting) and keep a few meters distance.

2- its not a requirement to do the flags, but if you do, you should do it in an organized fashion. this site can help. http://www.assassinscreed-maps.com/

3- youve been on an assassination rampage, killing multiple city leaders. theyre on to you.

4- turn off the sync bar on the hud to make the beeping go away.

>i would say this is probably one of the best games i've played in a long time
likewise.