PDA

View Full Version : How to use K-14 gunsight in IL-2 ?

CRO_Adriatic
02-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I read this;

"Using the K-14 gunsight

Use the €˜Toggle Sight Mode (Auto)€ button to switch gunsight mode. Use the €˜Adjust Sight Control to Right€ and €˜Adjust Sight Control to Left€ buttons to select the target aircraft type. Use the €˜Increase Sight Distance€ and €˜Decrease Sight Distance€ buttons to adjust the sight circle for the target aircraft to fit in it. Track the target aircraft for at least 2 seconds to maintain correct lead."

...and tried all that but I don't know nothing else about bombing-how it have to be done... Also-it is different in single missions and online, or in campaign... (I think...). Do I have to trim airplane than jump to bombsight and drive from there or Ai should drive but than I cant do nothing with bombsight controls...I really don't understand...And which high & speed, which degree?

Can somebody explain how it have to be done in any airplane, or give some link or if there is some track of bombing..?

Thanks for any help!!!

CRO_Adriatic
02-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I read this;

"Using the K-14 gunsight

Use the €˜Toggle Sight Mode (Auto)€ button to switch gunsight mode. Use the €˜Adjust Sight Control to Right€ and €˜Adjust Sight Control to Left€ buttons to select the target aircraft type. Use the €˜Increase Sight Distance€ and €˜Decrease Sight Distance€ buttons to adjust the sight circle for the target aircraft to fit in it. Track the target aircraft for at least 2 seconds to maintain correct lead."

...and tried all that but I don't know nothing else about bombing-how it have to be done... Also-it is different in single missions and online, or in campaign... (I think...). Do I have to trim airplane than jump to bombsight and drive from there or Ai should drive but than I cant do nothing with bombsight controls...I really don't understand...And which high & speed, which degree?

Can somebody explain how it have to be done in any airplane, or give some link or if there is some track of bombing..?

Thanks for any help!!!

DaimonSyrius
02-28-2006, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CRO_Adriatic:

Thanks for any help!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Adriatic,

All the information about the K-14 gyroscopic gunsight applies only to the P-51D-20NA and YP-80 fighters, which are the only ones in IL2 that actually have that gunsight available.

It's not for bombing (although the keyboard commands used to operate it are the same as used for level-bombing gunsights -in bombers-), it's rather a device based on a gyroscope that shows a moving reticle added to the more conventional, fixed reflector gunsight used in most fighters. The moving reticle (see the picture in my signature to see how it looks in action) is adjustable for size (wingspan) of the target and for correct range distance (in relation to the convergence settings used for the guns) and shows the required lead angle to get your shots on target.

The commands you mentioned need to be assigned to keys (they are not assigned by default), you can do this in the 'Controls' screen, like any other of the commands available.

P.S.: Try this link (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=K-14+gunsight&exactPhrase=&optWords=&notWords=&f=25910613&subjectOnly=N&afterDate=&beforeDate=&authorName=&exactAuthor=Y&sortType=0&ptyp_msg=Y&ptyp_count=3&x_display_post_details=1&groupType=1&search=Search) for the results of a search on the terms "K-14 Gunsight" in these forums.

Cheers,
S.

CRO_Adriatic
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Thank's a lot DaimonSyrius!!!

But I made wrong question than...

I wos wondering about how to use "bombsight" in bombarder's. (I dont know how to call when you press C and than F1+Shift and you see circle)...

I asigned keys and can change everything but dont know what really have to do...