PDA

View Full Version : Help promote PF!

F16_Fatboy
10-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Today most newspapers have a column on computer games, probably yours as well. But do they know about the imminent release of PF? Let€s make sure they do! E-mail your daily and give them a €œhint€ about the PF, IL2 and the work on BoB.
I think that it would be wise to point out the PC (political correctness) , historic accuracy, realism, no gore and the possibility to go from novice arcade to ace full real. Don€t forget to mention the great online option.

Do it!

My daily is DN (Dagens Nyheter) and I have e-mailed to game columnist niclas.lindstrand(at) dn.se .

FLSTF

Wemic
10-16-2004, 09:49 AM
That's a good idea, Fatboy. While we're at it, I would love to see people who are able commit to buying more than one copy of PF. Put me down for a couple!!!

Wemic

Chuck_Older
10-16-2004, 10:01 AM
I'll buy as many copies of PF as I can afford, which means: One. Sorry, I like to pay my rent and have food in the house

Wemic
10-16-2004, 11:27 AM
As long as you buy, as I know from an earlier post, you do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gombal40
10-16-2004, 11:54 AM
already done that dude

Bearcat99
10-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Well I have already personally sold 20+ copies of IL2,FB and The GOLD pack (collectively), not to mention quite a few X45s.. a few 9800Pros, a few 512 sticks of RAM and some Audigys to go with it over the past few months Ive been working at my local retail electronics store. I keep a copy of FB tracks running on a huge Samsung 21' monitor on a CompaQ gaming rig in the store and I get about 2 or 3 sales a week that way. Let me put it this way.. since my store began selling the GOLD pack a few months ago I have managed to sell every copy and so they order more. For some reason they only order a few at a time but I mange to move them eventually. I have already sent a memo to corporate about PF and the revenues it can generate in terms of periferal sales. Some of the other sales were actually in the SW dept of other stores as a shopper since it took a while for my store to start selling it (They missed out on FB almost all together). I have one copy of PF on order and I plan to buy one more to give as a gift to a friend. I try to promote this sim franchise to anyone who will listen. If I see someone in the joystick aisle or carrying a piece of sim software other than FB I immediately take them to the monitor and show it to them. Usually they buy it that day.. sometimes they come back on payday.

RedDeth
10-16-2004, 08:19 PM
great effort bearcat. id love to do the same.

it is the proverbial drop in an ocean but hopefully someone would notice what you do in your chain and copy it elsewhere. the problem is they would rather promote and demo first person shooters which if people see playing will buy much more of.

if you were demoing DOOM 3 instead of P.F. you could probably influence your stores sales even more than with P.F. thus creating more profit for you store.

dont take this the wrong way. i would do exactly as you even though it may hurt your stores bottom line not promoting more profitable games.

what we really need is TV advertising on a national scale.

heywooood
10-16-2004, 10:22 PM
There is a beautiful full page ad in this months Flight Journal..along with a very flattering review in the 'Virtual Pilot' segment. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

...not that I had anything to do with that...I'm just sayin' its there and its good.