PDA

View Full Version : Missions creator in SP ?

Ilovepho
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Wouldn't it be fantastic if FC2 has the mission creator in SP ? A few games like inFamous 2 already has this feature, so why not FC3 ? It would increase the replayability a lot. If FC3 has this feature, I'm sure it will sell like crazy, maybe as well as COD http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

lil_morta_7
06-11-2011, 02:29 PM
No it will never sell as well as CoD. Too many little kids are caught up by those three magical words: CALL. OF. DUTY. And they're too afraid to stray from the generic always-the-same-result gameplay of **** of Duty.

Levi-Zero
06-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I second this

-Use the map editor to create your scenario, but allow the map to be somewhat near the size of one of the SP maps in FC2

-Add multiple choices to the types of enemies to place, such as a rifleman, sniper, machingunner, ect.

-Add thier actions, such as standing around and talk, lookout in a tower, driving patrol or walking patrol, organized convoy, ect.

-Put in a script editor, for example you set it up where if you dont defuse the bomb in time the entire area explodes

-Add online coop up to 4 people and also add the ability to do a double mission, where 2 teams objectives oppose eachother, for example you must raid the base and the enemy must protect it

-Put the ability to change the soundtracks thats played in the scenario, depending on the situation such as when the enemy spots you, when you complete an objective, when you near completion, when your safe, ect

-Add multiple objectives on one map or link multiple scenarios together to make a campeign

CaptainDEEZ
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Those all sound like great options. But if we had all of that, people might not buy another game.

zeeEVIL1
06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
So.
That would just mean that ubisoft would actually have to continue to support the game so that we have more reasons to spend money.

BS PALADIN
06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
It would actually make great financial sense. Keep the games selling price high and regularly release assets for the map editor. Let it grow and become something amazing. That way people will buy the new assets to play the new missions that the community create.

SICKSIX6_IOWA
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I'll bet both my balls it'll never happen boys!

SIX

owgpz
06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I also doubt that there will be a SP editor, but it sure would make lots of people happy. As a second best, it would be nice for the developers to create mission DLC much like they do for the Assassin's Creed series.

ID IU IT IC IH
06-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm going to say out of experience that a scenario editor probably wont make its way to FC3. I don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but if Ubisoft had the 'stones' to put a truely well designed scenario editor into FC3...

People would never stop playing until the next game came out. And thats real talk. The community, once becoming comfortable with the editor, would start creating maps and scenarios that could almost rival the story mode.

Not knocking Ubisoft or anything, because I almost soiled myself while watching the E3 walkthrough, but there are lots of really dedicated players who would go to the utmost end of the spectrum to create these things.

Just a suggestion there, Ubi. If you want some major cash, major community, and major playtime, you should consider this. At least.

Ilovepho
06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by C4NN413IS:

Just a suggestion there, Ubi. If you want some major cash, major community, and major playtime, you should consider this. At least.
Yes. Please consider this, Ubi. Previous FC's already had MP editor, so if if FC3 has SP editor, that would be a huge improvement.

Brimtown
06-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Hate to keep bringing up Timesplitters, but that game allowed you to create missions, place AI, etc on your custom maps. You could set logic triggers, AI patrol routes, objectives, etc. And this was on the original Xbox.

I know that Operation Flashpoint allowed you to create your own missions as well, although I really haven't played it so I can't really comment on it too much.

There's no reason why FC3 couldn't have a fully realized mission editor, or the ability to place AI on your maps. It's just a matter of Ubisoft wanting to do so.

x_maxpower204
06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Speaking of Timesplitters:

Timesplitters 4 in development? (http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_720_likely_at_e3_2012_crytek_on_board_2.html)

Ilovepho
06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Brimtown:
Hate to keep bringing up Timesplitters, but that game allowed you to create missions, place AI, etc on your custom maps. You could set logic triggers, AI patrol routes, objectives, etc. And this was on the original Xbox.

I know that Operation Flashpoint allowed you to create your own missions as well, although I really haven't played it so I can't really comment on it too much.

There's no reason why FC3 couldn't have a fully realized mission editor, or the ability to place AI on your maps. It's just a matter of Ubisoft wanting to do so.

Timesplitters (Xbox) had SP editor ? Wow.
And dont forget ArMa 2, LittleBigPlanet 1&2.

I'm surprised that most FC fans in this forums are rather different about this.

Speak up, guys. If there are so many fans want this, Ubi will make it.

Silent-Eagle
06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SICKSIX6_IOWA:
I'll bet both my balls it'll never happen boys!

SIX

As much as i agree with you SICK im not willing to bet both my balls lol didnt FC1 on pc have one?

Brimtown
06-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by x_maxpower204:
Speaking of Timesplitters:

Timesplitters 4 in development? (http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_720_likely_at_e3_2012_crytek_on_board_2.html)

Oh yes, indeed I saw that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Timesplitters will always have a special place in my heart.

o0Kman0o
06-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Do agree the 4-player Co-op mission editor would be great, I would have so much fun making missions for me and my mates, I spent hours on Timesplitters making missions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif