PDA

View Full Version : I think our worries about the combat system have been answered..*Possible Spoilers*

KrYpToNiC95
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I was watching a video Zwooosh released giving some free roaming and combat and I was surprised as to how they have improved it. Normal guards are a little harder, however the Jannisaries look unbelievable. They can can counter even execution streaks, it takes several counters to kill them and the block made by the Jannisary as 2:32 is just amazing. I think this video can take away some combat worries about the game. 2 DAYS LEFT!

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...swOBkE&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqWcswOBkE&feature=feedu)

Jexx21
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Weird, someone said that they can mow through the Janisarries like a hot knife through butter..

tjbyrum1
11-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I read that same thing Jexx.

As for the video, I liked it. It was cool how the Janissary's was blocking and stuff, I really liked hat. Also it was cool how they defended against the assassination he attempted.

It looked pretty good nevertheless. Slight improvement over Brotherhood but makes it visually better.

KrYpToNiC95
11-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Weird, someone said that they can mow through the Janisarries like a hot knife through butter..

Maybe they have a weak spot that can be exploited?

TiberiusAC
11-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Aw well the good thing is that guards are now a little bit harder to kill.Imo in Brotherhood the execution streak was very rewarding and cool but a little overpowered.I like how that was balanced in ACR.Can't wait!

AnthonyA85
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I also noticed the reduced damage delt during fights, i suppose that's to ballance it out a bit. Countering with the hidden blade isn't an insta-kill anymore, which is good.

I've also seen evidence of Daul-weilding, striking with a sword and killing with the HB, for instance. And I really like the slow-mo kills when you finish off the last guy in a group.

I also like how they re-added the Civillian Taunting thing, where the Civies taunt you when you loot the dead, that was missing in ACB for some reason, at least in mine.

tjbyrum1
11-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I watched part 3 of Zwoooosh's gameplay videos just now.

When fighting the Janissary's in the new video, they do seem to be... a bit difficult compared to other guards... they're not hard, but they didn't look easy.

He was trying to kick them, hit them, and counter them but they always dodged his attacks and kicks and nearly always defended themselves pretty good. Countering them doesn't kill them right off, only takes some of their health away. I also noticed that the Janissary that isn't being attacked by Ezio was trying to shoot him with his gun.

So all in all, these Janissary's seem to be the perfect enemies for all AC fans.